MacInsiders Logo
Old 09-19-2010 at 09:26 PM   #16
Jellybeanz

Liked: 23 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sew12 View Post
I take it you've never been to East Gate or Jackson Sqaure.
Thissss. But seriously, Limeridge Mall isn't all that bad. I'd also suggest Mapleview Mall if you're willing to travel to Burlington.
Old 09-19-2010 at 09:28 PM   #17
Juve
Elite Member

Liked: 117 Times

lmao the best store in limeridge is guess . theres no gucci , armani etc
Old 09-19-2010 at 09:30 PM   #18
jamescw1234
The Awkward One

Liked: 467 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juve View Post
lmao the best store in limeridge is guess . theres no gucci , armani etc
I really don't think there's going to be those kinds of stores in a suburban mall that caters to mainly middle class households. You'll need to go to the city for that kind of stuff.

James CW
McMaster University-Bachelor's of Social Work and Bachelor's of Arts in Sociology (2012)
York University-Masters of Social Work (2014-2015)
Old 09-19-2010 at 09:32 PM   #19
Juve
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamescw1234 View Post
I really don't think there's going to be those kinds of stores in a suburban mall that caters to mainly middle class households. You'll need to go to the city for that kind of stuff.
wtf , hamilton is teh third biggest city in ontario hahahahah

and plus i have been to better malls in like small towns than limeridge
Old 09-19-2010 at 09:44 PM   #20
jamescw1234
The Awkward One

Liked: 467 Times

Yeah, but Hamilton is mainly a working/middle class city, so designer companies wouldn't make much money opening a store at Lime Ridge, it doesn't have anything to do with the size of the city, it has to do with who is more likely to shop there. You'd be more likely to find high end designer stores in Oakville.

James CW
McMaster University-Bachelor's of Social Work and Bachelor's of Arts in Sociology (2012)
York University-Masters of Social Work (2014-2015)
Old 09-19-2010 at 10:51 PM   #21
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybeanz View Post
Thissss. But seriously, Limeridge Mall isn't all that bad. I'd also suggest Mapleview Mall if you're willing to travel to Burlington.
LOL.

NEVER go to Jackson Square at night.
Old 09-19-2010 at 10:58 PM   #22
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
LOL.

NEVER go to Jackson Square at night.
Considering it closes before 6pm on weekdays, why would you? Unless you mean the general area, in which case I think you should stop spreading all this propaganda.

I work on Barton and Gage and need 2 buses to get home. I wait for a bus at Barton and Gage at 10pm and normally catch my transfer around 11pm.

It is NOT as horrible as everybody (you mostly in the last 2 posts I've seen by you ) makes it out to be. A general rule of thumb is to not go anywhere at night alone because unfortunately, SHIT HAPPENS. But it's not like people sit on the bench at the bus stop waiting to rape you, your wife, and your husband.

Furthermore, why is it just this ONE street? If you're so scared of getting raped, I would suggest not going ANYWHERE that isn't the Mac campus because even Westdale has robbers and flashers and shit. King and James is one street out of a hundred "sketchy" areas, stop picking on it.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Last edited by lawleypop : 09-19-2010 at 11:00 PM.
Old 09-19-2010 at 11:01 PM   #23
sew12
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
Considering it closes before 6pm on weekdays, why would you? Unless you mean the general area, in which case I think you should stop spreading all this propaganda.

I work on Barton and Gage and need 2 buses to get home. I wait for a bus at Barton and Gage at 10pm and normally catch my transfer around 11pm.

It is NOT as horrible as everybody (you mostly in the last 2 posts I've seen by you ) makes it out to be. A general rule of thumb is to not go anywhere at night alone because unfortunately, SHIT HAPPENS. But it's not like people sit on the bench at the bus stop waiting to rape you, your wife, and your husband.
I just meant the actual mall. Okay maybe never go there period, I can't remember what time in the evening I was there but it was a sketch as hell. Plus it didn't have anything good in it so there's no real reason to go there.

Downtown in general doesn't seem that sketchy overall. The weirdest thing I've seen down there was some homeless dude pull down his pants and show his ass off to me while I was in the car. It was more funny than anything.
Old 09-19-2010 at 11:04 PM   #24
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
I just meant the actual mall. Okay maybe never go there period, I can't remember what time in the evening I was there but it was a sketch as hell. Plus it didn't have anything good in it so there's no real reason to go there.

Downtown in general doesn't seem that sketchy overall. The weirdest thing I've seen down there was some homeless dude pull down his pants and show his ass off to me while I was in the car. It was more funny than anything.
I don't see what's so horrible about it. It's a convenient location, has a Sirens, another women's clothing store that I can't remember the name, a food court, a movie theater, Payless... Sure, it has a bunch of discount stores that I would never go in but it's definitely better than the Bowmanville "Mall" (Marlowe knows what I'm talking about >_<)

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 09-19-2010 at 11:04 PM   #25
Juve
Elite Member

I saw an old woman with a big ass mustache in downtown hamilton , i never go to the downtown but since that day ive been scarred for life
Old 09-19-2010 at 11:05 PM   #26
sew12
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
I don't see what's so horrible about it. It's a convenient location, has a Sirens, another women's clothing store that I can't remember the name, a food court, a movie theater, Payless... Sure, it has a bunch of discount stores that I would never go in but it's definitely better than the Bowmanville "Mall" (Marlowe knows what I'm talking about >_<)
It was creepy, that's all I'm saying.

I'm defo not on the I hate Hamilton train though. I think its quite awesome really.

That said anything is better than Brampton.
Old 09-19-2010 at 11:06 PM   #27
eullwm
Elite Member

Liked: 221 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juve View Post
I saw an old woman with a big ass mustache in downtown hamilton , i never go to the downtown but since that day ive been scarred for life
Welcome to every god damn class of mine.

Entropy likes this.
Old 09-19-2010 at 11:43 PM   #28
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

I saw a guy peeing in a garbage can once.

Well, it wasn't really a can so much as it was one of those like...flap-garbages. I'd imagine it to have been somewhat uncomfortable.

Jackson Square's alright. I've lived in Hamilton my whole life and while it's definitely kind of boring these days (I remember it being much busier in the early-mid 90s, when I lived downtown), it's not sketchy. There are weird people around, but they're harmless for the most part. Best thing I've seen was a dude in a full gas mask.

If I wanted to shop I'd definitely go to Limeridge over it (and not just because I like like two minutes away), but as Lawley said, it's not completely useless.

The fountain area with the odd orange tint is really serene place to just sit and talk too.

Also, Jackson Square gets bonus points for being (as far as I know) the only place left in Hamilton to get full-size pretzels. I don't think I'll ever get sick of those things.