MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
linguistics 1a03 midterm SweetyTweety Academics 2 10-12-2012 09:52 AM

Linguistics 1AA# / Unorganized midterm Help?

Old 10-21-2015 at 05:21 PM   #1
aw07

Liked: 24 Times

Linguistics 1AA# / Unorganized midterm Help?
I could be wrong, but I strongly feel my Linguistics 1AA3 midterm was kind of unorganized...

For being worth 35%, although the content was relatively easy, I feel I did not do well because of the following:

It was during class, with there being a class both before and after the midterm, alotting 50 minutes to write the exam...I was okay with that, until I realized while waiting to get an exam, I ended up getting an exam 5 minutes into the period. Even then I was like okay, maybe it will be fine, until I realized I needed scrap paper. They were handing out scrap paper for those who wanted it. With having to draw tree diagrams, I really wanted scrap paper BUT did not get any scrap paper until literally, 2 minutes before the exam time was finished. Not to forget to mention, once some students left, the next class started pouring in, which was very distacting.

Am I complaining too much? I would not care if it was 20% or less, with some other way to do well next time, but literally there is only one midterm, and it was worth 35% ...extremely demoralized sad face....

has anyone ever encountered a similar situation and if yes, did the professor take it into consideration when grading the midterm, or perhaps change the evaluation of the entire course?

Feeling extremely stressed out as it is a pre-req for grad school!
Old 10-21-2015 at 05:40 PM   #2
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 580 Times

Yes, I have encountered situations like this and no, nobody cares. Especially if the class average is decent.

aw07 says thanks to starfish for this post.
Old 10-22-2015 at 11:28 AM   #3
topkek

Liked: 23 Times

Boo-fucking-hoo.

Stop finding something to blame for your failure.
Old 10-22-2015 at 07:44 PM   #4
aw07

Liked: 24 Times

Actually, after speaking to the professor, she herself says she agrees and is waiting to see how the class average pans out before deciding if any steps should be taken