MacInsiders Logo
Old 03-01-2011 at 07:18 PM   #1
**jewel 03**

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Lip Balm
Hey, so random question....I went to Shoppers and asked the girl there for a good lip balm as my lips have recently become very chapped and dry and stuff, so she told me to get Eau Thermale Avene Cold Cream Lip balm based on looking at my lips so I did but now I'm thinking $16 is too much for a lip balm (which is what I paid) granted I think it is suppose to work really well . So my question to you guys is do you think/know where I can get the same product or something very similar to it someplace cheaper? Also on the off chance someone here has used this before, let me know how it is please! Thanks
Old 03-01-2011 at 07:23 PM   #2
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 815 Times

Making out with me would be a great solution.
Old 03-01-2011 at 07:26 PM   #3
mfattal
Elite Member

Liked: 85 Times

I think Vasline is affective for that sort of stuff

and Rakim would u really want to if some one is having problems with their lips?
Old 03-01-2011 at 07:32 PM   #4
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that all lip balm is virtually the same.

I bought the 3$ stuff that comes in a blue tube from Shoppers and it works just fine.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 03-01-2011 at 07:38 PM   #5
SciMania
Elite Member

Liked: 74 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by **jewel 03** View Post
Hey, so random question....I went to Shoppers and asked the girl there for a good lip balm as my lips have recently become very chapped and dry and stuff, so she told me to get Eau Thermale Avene Cold Cream Lip balm based on looking at my lips so I did but now I'm thinking $16 is too much for a lip balm (which is what I paid) granted I think it is suppose to work really well . So my question to you guys is do you think/know where I can get the same product or something very similar to it someplace cheaper? Also on the off chance someone here has used this before, let me know how it is please! Thanks
I find Blistex works really well, the one that comes in a round blue container.
Old 03-01-2011 at 07:50 PM   #6
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

I get the Nivea one or Chapstick and they both work really well (Nivea being a little better) and they're nowhere near $16! Sixteen dollars for a stick of lipbalm is kind of insanely ridiculous!
Old 03-01-2011 at 07:59 PM   #7
mfattal
Elite Member

Liked: 85 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
I get the Nivea one or Chapstick and they both work really well (Nivea being a little better) and they're nowhere near $16! Sixteen dollars for a stick of lipbalm is kind of insanely ridiculous!
btw u can put a happier pic now
Old 03-01-2011 at 08:16 PM   #8
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfattal View Post
btw u can put a happier pic now
/sidenote: Haha It's not a sad picture though! I'll consider it though
Old 03-01-2011 at 08:20 PM   #9
aani

Liked: 9 Times

burts bees chapstick is amazing! gives your lips a little tingle too
Old 03-01-2011 at 08:27 PM   #10
PHLN
Oink! Oink! Oink! Oink!

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by **jewel 03** View Post
Most likely it has some fancy medication hence the reason for the price. Is it needed? Probably not...

At home, I would recommend using Vaseline. It does a great job softening up the lips immediately. The problem is that it look greasy, like you just ate a bunch of KFC and did not wipe. As such, try not to use it when you go out. Or be very careful and look in the mirror twice.

When you are out, any chapstick will do. The only different is how long it last, the texture, etc. I would recommend Nivea. The applicator is quite nice with its larger than usual cap. The texture is a bit smoother than Blistex - think butter. It last quite a while too because of the usual butter-like texture.

**jewel 03** says thanks to PHLN for this post.
Old 03-01-2011 at 08:36 PM   #11
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by aani View Post
burts bees chapstick is amazing! gives your lips a little tingle too
Lol, I use burt's bees as well. The tingle is because of the peppermint (I'm pretty sure). Makes a nice cooling feeling ^-^
Old 03-01-2011 at 08:39 PM   #12
ingénieur.xo
Elite Member

Liked: 38 Times

I just recently bought some stuff by the brand Eucerin, I get really bad dry lips and hands and this stuff can be used on both for protection against cold weather and honestly it's amazing. My lips were almost at the point of bleeding cause they were so dry and I used the stuff for one day my lips were 100% better and back to normal.
It's called Aquaphor, by Eucerin, and I think it cost about 6 or 7 dollars at Shoppers.

Old 03-01-2011 at 08:48 PM   #13
PHLN
Oink! Oink! Oink! Oink!

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingénieur.xo View Post
I just recently bought some stuff by the brand Eucerin, I get really bad dry lips and hands and this stuff can be used on both for protection against cold weather and honestly it's amazing. My lips were almost at the point of bleeding cause they were so dry and I used the stuff for one day my lips were 100% better and back to normal.
It's called Aquaphor, by Eucerin, and I think it cost about 6 or 7 dollars at Shoppers.
You go girl!

Why did you left it so dry to the point of bleeding? That is like ouch.
Old 03-01-2011 at 08:50 PM   #14
Patrick.O

Liked: 28 Times

This stuff works great: http://www.blistex.com/products/lip-...oisture-splash

Blixtex Lip Infusion. Not very exclusive or anything, it's just liquid in a plastic bottle, but it works.
Old 03-01-2011 at 08:57 PM   #15
RankNullity

Liked: 27 Times

At night before bed I'll put on vaseline
then in the day/going out I'll put on ChapStick, which you can get for cheap at shoppers