Labour Day Open Businesses? tiger General Discussion 2 08-29-2011 06:44 PM
24 hour businesses in Hamilton reeves General Discussion 19 08-20-2009 10:44 AM
Small Businesses and Recession jo87 General Discussion 2 03-10-2009 08:29 PM

looking to help student run businesses develop marketing strategy

Old 01-15-2014 at 08:13 PM   #1
shreebee

Liked: 30 Times

looking to help student run businesses develop marketing strategy
Hi, if you are running a business and would like help developing a marketing strategy free of cost please email at [email protected] for more information.
Old 01-16-2014 at 08:04 PM   #2
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

Is it for a school assignment? Or are you just offering out of kindness? What's your background in marketing?

shreebee likes this.
Old 01-17-2014 at 06:52 PM   #3
shreebee

Hi Chad, yes this is part of my third year applied marketing management course. this serves as an opportunity for us to earn hands on marketing experience.
So basically, we have no formal marketing experience but come with a good background and are looking to provide help to a business, while offering professional and cooperative environment, working closely with the client to pin point their needs and expectations.
Old 01-17-2014 at 10:07 PM   #4
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

So.... what... do you offer in terms of expertise? I know many students who have no marketing/economics background that manage businesses just fine.
Old 01-17-2014 at 10:13 PM   #5
Snowman
Elite Member

Liked: 180 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
So.... what... do you offer in terms of expertise? I know many students who have no marketing/economics background that manage businesses just fine.
It's a 3rd year marketing class where they have to come up with a market research report and any recommendations as part of the big assignments. It's not saying that businesses need help, but they are doing it for free as part of their class and at no cost to your business

Source: I had this class last semester

shreebee says thanks to Snowman for this post.
Old 01-19-2014 at 09:03 AM   #6
shreebee

Hi RyanC, you are right in that there are plenty businesses that run without a formal marketing strategy and are successful. But as Snowman said, we are simply looking for a client that will be willing to participate and cooperate with us in this project
Old 01-19-2014 at 10:06 AM   #7
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreebee View Post
Hi RyanC, you are right in that there are plenty businesses that run without a formal marketing strategy and are successful. But as Snowman said, we are simply looking for a client that will be willing to participate and cooperate with us in this project
Well, part of marketing is demonstrating your ability to sell yourself to somebody who otherwise thinks they have no reason to hire somebody such as yourself. Giving a student access to their private business information is a risk in itself; students such as yourself are a dime a dozen, and I was giving you an opportunity, through my questions, for you to address and practice your ability to explain what it is you do and what you intend to accomplish through your proposal.

You don't need to be in the class to know exactly the things that were outlined in your responses.

shreebee likes this.
Old 01-19-2014 at 05:13 PM   #8
shreebee

I see your point, but for anyone who wants to consider the opportunity, I have provided my email through which I am more than happy to provide detailed information about the whole project.
Old 01-20-2014 at 11:40 AM   #9
ZSimon
Elite Member

Liked: 311 Times

I got a few business cards in Cuba. I'll email them to Malik so you can have some businesses
Old 01-20-2014 at 12:44 PM   #10
shreebee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZSimon View Post
I got a few business cards in Cuba. I'll email them to Malik so you can have some businesses
Hi, Malik is one of four profs this term. My prof is Dr. Wu. Also, the businesses have to be local.
Thanks