Stolen Bike wuZheng General Discussion 29 03-14-2010 04:00 PM
STOLEN Bike JBeans General Discussion 7 01-18-2010 09:16 PM

Lost/stolen Blackberry

Old 09-14-2011 at 11:00 AM   #1
anavc

Liked: 0 Times

Lost/stolen Blackberry
To all the Do-gooder's of McMaster University,

I've lost a white blackberry bold 9700. I'm pretty sure someone's snagged it because I have no recollection of where I may have left it and it hasn't been turned in to security. I've been calling it and my calls have been ignored... so I'm pretty sure it's on ebay lol. If you guys know of anyone who recently (Sept. 12th) acquired a new blackberry (it's white and silver with a grey/clear rubber case with a floral design) please interrogate them and guilt them into turning it into Mac's Lost and Found.

I know it seems like a total first world problem, but it cost me a lot of money and I really have none left to spend on a new one.

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH
Old 09-14-2011 at 11:03 AM   #2
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

Liked: 543 Times

How can we interrogate people to return a phone, what if they actually bought a new white phone ....

Just get a zero dollar phone from your phone company, problem solved.

McMaster University, Honours B.Sc. in Biology '13, Minor in Psychology

University of British Columbia, DMD '17, Doctor of Dental Medicine
Old 09-14-2011 at 12:16 PM   #3
MacAttk

Liked: 38 Times

No offense, but you're pretty much out of luck. No one is going to interrogate people if they see them with a white bold 9700. Seeing as you're still trying to call it.. Looks like you haven't reported it stolen/deactivate ur account. Any charges incurred are your responsibility if you lose your phone and fail to tell your cell phone provider. And to l'etoile, it's not that simple.
Old 09-14-2011 at 12:20 PM   #4
fredo1890

well this guy is a ***** ^
Old 09-14-2011 at 01:03 PM   #5
anavc

I actually have locked/cancelled it with my service provider.
I heard that there's an individual blackberry number called an IMEI code that you can use to track it somehow.
Old 09-14-2011 at 01:06 PM   #6
anavc

And of course I'm not expecting you to interrogate people lol I hope no one takes that too seriously, I'm just posting this for advice to locate it. And yeah it is a pretty common phone, but if the person in possession of it has kept the case, it's very unique and recognizable. I'm just desperate to find it.
Old 09-14-2011 at 02:05 PM   #7
omgwtfitsp
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 30 Times

I bought one recently off some random person lol.......cuz i needed a temporary phone..... LOOOL
Old 09-14-2011 at 03:04 PM   #8
justinsftw
Elite Member

Liked: 342 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by anavc View Post
To all the Do-gooder's of McMaster University,

I've lost a white blackberry bold 9700. I'm pretty sure someone's snagged it because I have no recollection of where I may have left it and it hasn't been turned in to security. I've been calling it and my calls have been ignored... so I'm pretty sure it's on ebay lol. If you guys know of anyone who recently (Sept. 12th) acquired a new blackberry (it's white and silver with a grey/clear rubber case with a floral design) please interrogate them and guilt them into turning it into Mac's Lost and Found.

I know it seems like a total first world problem, but it cost me a lot of money and I really have none left to spend on a new one.

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH

For starters, do you have any idea which room/floor/building you left it in? That way, we can look out for it.
Old 09-14-2011 at 05:24 PM   #9
anavc

Last time I saw it was the first floor of Hamilton Hall. Thank you for your help

and to omgwtfitsp, how recently?

Last edited by jhan523 : 09-14-2011 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Use Edit :\
Old 09-14-2011 at 05:35 PM   #10
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by anavc View Post
and to omgwtfitsp, how recently?
I think that member of these forums is trolling.
Old 09-14-2011 at 05:57 PM   #11
Mp08

That sucks! :////
Old 09-14-2011 at 06:01 PM   #12
eccentrikkk

Liked: 8 Times

Im pretty sure your service provider is the only way of possibly getting back a blackberry. I know when I was looking into getting one they told me that if it were to be stolen, the phone comes with a GPS in it so they can track where it is but I think that feature must be turned on on the phone. So yeah, unless that setting was active on your phone I don't think there's any way of tracking it. Look into maybe buying a used blackberry off of kijiji or sign a new contract so you don't have to pay full price to replace it. Or you could be a little less materialistic and just use an old cell phone/regular cell phone, not a smart phone. They're usually cheaper.
Old 09-14-2011 at 06:11 PM   #13
Rubicon

Liked: 9 Times

Found a bold last year, the person i was returning it to offered me like 200...
Old 09-14-2011 at 07:18 PM   #14
omgwtfitsp
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 30 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by herBs View Post
I think that member of these forums is trolling.
Spot on. Sorry to the op, I was just joking trying to make light of the situation. But I'll let you know what I think. I really do not think you will get your phone back UNLESS the person has a good heart and looks through it and finds your name or other contacts. But seeing as you already tried calling and no one picks up, I will assume the person who has your phone is not going to return it. I am really sorry for your loss but asking others to look around for a phone in someone else's hand isn't going to work. Try to get a cheap replacement phone as of now and save up for something better?

Best of luck
Old 09-14-2011 at 07:25 PM   #15
Chevalier
Elite Member

Liked: 203 Times

i wouldn't hold my breath if i were you, last year my friend was in the student centre working on her laptop with her phone out, went to grab a cup of coffiee, got back and her phone was gone. good thing they didn't take her laptop, but yea there are some really uncool ppl in this uni that like to steal phones.