MacInsiders Logo

Lucid Dreaming

Old 11-07-2010 at 10:01 AM   #16
amyshi

Liked: 19 Times

I dream every night and about 1/3 dreams are lucid . Most of them I can remember, sometimes I'd wake up and don't remember my dream at all but am aware that I knew I was dreaming in my dream. Weird stuff.
Old 11-07-2010 at 10:04 AM   #17
NowHere

Liked: 14 Times

I had a moment last night in my dream. I knew I was dreaming and I was flying in the air so I started circling down on this girl on campus but my trajectory was bad so I kept circling and circling and then I lost it... I think my mind wasn't strong enough on concentration or something... dunno, have to look more into this lucid dream stuff.
Old 11-07-2010 at 10:54 AM   #18
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Liked: 202 Times

Last night I dreamt a really weird dream.

My dad left me to find a house to buy and I saw one with lots of big green beautifully shaped and coloured leaves in front of it so Ken (the fat coach from Glee) picked me up in a Range Rover and drove me to this field with sparse vegetation and lots of colourful vicious snakes and left me there.

The End.

Last edited by SilentWalker : 11-07-2010 at 11:12 AM.

AelyaS, Afzal like this.
Old 11-07-2010 at 12:55 PM   #19
bcars
Elite Member

Liked: 286 Times

I used to have this recurring dream when I was like 7-12 that after a while I knew was a dream so I did something different every time. Basically, I would start in this house and would be running away from these brown people-shaped blob creatures, and then my dad would save me and take me to McDonald's, but then he would try to kill me by ordering a fish sandwich (I'm very allergic to fish) so I would run away to the airport where there was a Radio Shack. In the Radio Shack I would jump inside of a game with Sonic the Hedgehog and run down a set of railway tracks and then from there it was different every time.
Old 11-07-2010 at 09:13 PM   #20
BigT905

Liked: 6 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juve View Post
i have dreams about girls bro i dont know what your talking about
^^lool

it depends u sometimes know u are dreaming but cant do anything
Old 11-07-2010 at 09:35 PM   #21
NowHere

Liked: 14 Times

Lucid Dreaming: A Beginner's Guide

http://www.fourhourworkweek. com/bl...o-lucid-dream/
Old 11-07-2010 at 09:39 PM   #22
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcars View Post
I used to have this recurring dream when I was like 7-12 that after a while I knew was a dream so I did something different every time. Basically, I would start in this house and would be running away from these brown people-shaped blob creatures, and then my dad would save me and take me to McDonald's, but then he would try to kill me by ordering a fish sandwich (I'm very allergic to fish) so I would run away to the airport where there was a Radio Shack. In the Radio Shack I would jump inside of a game with Sonic the Hedgehog and run down a set of railway tracks and then from there it was different every time.

First thought: RACIST CHILD DREAMS?

Then I read ahead to the blob part.

SilentWalker likes this.
Old 11-07-2010 at 09:39 PM   #23
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

When I was younger, i once had a dream where I was riding across the ocean on a dolphin with my mom and grandma.
Best dream ever.
Old 11-07-2010 at 09:43 PM   #24
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 416 Times

http://www.dreamviews.com/vbtube_sho...nners-Tutorial
Old 11-07-2010 at 09:57 PM   #25
thedog123123
Crazy Physicist

Liked: 313 Times

I have dreams like that often. the first time i remember clearly was when I was three. i was aware that i was dreaming and I tried to blinks hard to try to get myself too wake. I did wake(or so i thought) but after a minute or two i realized this wasn't real and I tried to blink really hard one more time and bam I Woke up.

Then again I one of those people who sometimes who speak during my sleep.
Old 11-07-2010 at 10:03 PM   #26
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

I remember when I was really young, about 5, I used to have this reoccurring dream of my parents hiding my favourite toys in the closet. And when I woke up I'd go check, and when I didn't find them I'd get upset and start to throw a tantrum/cry lol.
Old 11-07-2010 at 10:07 PM   #27
KYLB0T

Liked: 130 Times

I recently had a knee surgery, and was on oxycotin for the pain. When I took one before bed they gave me the craziest dreams. I liked taking them just because sleep was so fun. I couldn't really control the dreams, but they were the kind that are the really fun/scary/captivating ones.
Old 11-07-2010 at 10:10 PM   #28
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYLB0T View Post
I recently had a knee surgery, and was on oxycotin for the pain. When I took one before bed they gave me the craziest dreams. I liked taking them just because sleep was so fun. I couldn't really control the dreams, but they were the kind that are the really fun/scary/captivating ones.
I was always curious as to how your diet/chemicals in your system affects your dreams. I always hear that some people get nightmares when they eat certain types of food. Pretty interesting. Then again, the concept of dreaming on the whole is really interesting...and hard to grasp.
Old 11-07-2010 at 10:13 PM   #29
KYLB0T

Liked: 130 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWalker View Post
I was always curious as to how your diet/chemicals in your system affects your dreams. I always hear that some people get nightmares when they eat certain types of food. Pretty interesting. Then again, the concept of dreaming on the whole is really interesting...and hard to grasp.
I don't know if it was the oxycotin that was making the dreams happen, or just the oxycotin that was making me drowsy and thus having a longer and deeper sleep. It definitely does something though.
Old 11-07-2010 at 10:19 PM   #30
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYLB0T View Post
I don't know if it was the oxycotin that was making the dreams happen, or just the oxycotin that was making me drowsy and thus having a longer and deeper sleep. It definitely does something though.

It's definitely the oxy. Trust.