ooooooh why?
Old 11-07-2010 at 10:44 PM   #32
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYLB0T View Post
ooooooh why?

LOL nothing scandalous on my part. Just there was this kid at my high school who did it often, and he would talk about dreams the way you did. He went to rehab later -__________________-

SilentWalker likes this.
Old 11-07-2010 at 11:08 PM   #33
KYLB0T

Liked: 130 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AelyaS View Post
LOL nothing scandalous on my part. Just there was this kid at my high school who did it often, and he would talk about dreams the way you did. He went to rehab later -__________________-
The long oooooooh wasn't implying a scandal, I was merely avoiding a 12 char moment Wouldn't that imply that the oxy was doing it, or that it at least had an effect?
Old 11-07-2010 at 11:41 PM   #34
Commander
P.I.M.P

Liked: 63 Times

Seriously, is Lucid dreaming possible ?

I doubt any of you actually have Lucid Dreams.

I could say I have visions.
Old 11-08-2010 at 12:00 AM   #35
NowHere

Liked: 14 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post

The door's that way.
Old 11-08-2010 at 12:09 AM   #36
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post

Im curious. If you were having a lucid dream and woke up. Would you recall the fact that you were indeed controlling the events of that dream. Or would that appear to seem like a dream as well?

SilentWalker likes this.
Old 11-08-2010 at 12:13 AM   #37
NowHere

Liked: 14 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxsumz View Post
Im curious. If you were having a lucid dream and woke up. Would you recall the fact that you were indeed controlling the events of that dream. Or would that appear to seem like a dream as well?
I remember distinctly last night realizing I was dreaming, trying to control it a certain way, then losing control of it altogether and my mind awoke from the dream. I remember thinking to myself that I need to learn to control my mind better and that I should probably start meditating again to re-develop powers of focus and concentration.
Old 11-08-2010 at 08:33 AM   #38
siefer1322

Liked: 96 Times

I have only done a number of times. The way I learned it was that first knock on a door in your real house and get a feel of the sound and how it feels. Then, when you are sleeping knock on your door and you should not feel anything.

I was able to pull it off once in the last month, however, right when I realized that I was dreaming and felt like I had control in the dream, the excitement got to me and I ended up waking myself up.
I'm pretty sure that happens to most people when they first begin to lucid dream, its an art that requires practice to perfected.
Old 11-08-2010 at 01:51 PM   #39
AlienSummer

Liked: 55 Times

My favourite kind of dream is when I know what's going to happen in my dream, but no one else in the dream does. So everyone will be all freaked out that the world is going to end or something, but I know exactly what's going to happen next so it doesn't bother me.

And I often think I have control in my dreams, but I don't know if I actually have control or am just dreaming that I have control. You couldn't really prove that one way or another could you?
Old 11-08-2010 at 01:58 PM   #40
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Kinda related but not really but kinda:

Anyone else get that dream where all your teeth are gradually falling out and you're the ONLY person freaking out? Like, you're talking to a person in your dream and they don't even notice your teeth are falling out, but you do, and you're freaking out, but they can't even see you're freaking out either.

Generally starts with one of my teeth becoming really loose/woobly, then others following suit, then they all start falling out, and I try to keep them all to get to the orthodontist but I never get there. I never lose all my teeth either, I don't think. Normally just wake up eventually.

What a horrible dream. >_>

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 11-08-2010 at 02:04 PM   #41
AlienSummer

Liked: 55 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post

Anyone else get that dream where all your teeth are gradually falling out and you're the ONLY person freaking out? Like, you're talking to a person in your dream and they don't even notice your teeth are falling out, but you do, and you're freaking out, but they can't even see you're freaking out either.

Generally starts with one of my teeth becoming really loose/woobly, then others following suit, then they all start falling out, and I try to keep them all to get to the orthodontist but I never get there. I never lose all my teeth either, I don't think. Normally just wake up eventually.

I get that dream too, but I normally make it to the dentist where they diagnose me with some disease that will result in all my teeth falling out and there's nothing they can do. The dentist is always really nonchalant about it, like he sees thousands of patients with this problem everyday. In some dreams I already know what the disease is called.
Old 11-08-2010 at 02:13 PM   #42
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienSummer View Post
I get that dream too, but I normally make it to the dentist where they diagnose me with some disease that will result in all my teeth falling out and there's nothing they can do. The dentist is always really nonchalant about it, like he sees thousands of patients with this problem everyday. In some dreams I already know what the disease is called.
Yea, exactly. Or when people DO realize my teeth are falling out, it's apparently no big deal.

Google tells me I'm narcissistic. Damn right I am. My teeth are beautiful.
>_>
<_<

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 11-08-2010 at 02:22 PM   #43
KYLB0T

Liked: 130 Times

Quote:

Holy crap I have a dream like this as well. They start getting all wiggling, then I start spitting them out. I never went to the doctor or dentist though. I usually wake up around the part where I am spitting them out.

Waking up and feeling that all of your teeth are there, as well as none being wiggly is the best feeling
Old 11-08-2010 at 02:25 PM   #44
doug

Liked: 82 Times

The hell is up with all these teeth dreams
Old 11-08-2010 at 02:32 PM   #45
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Liked: 202 Times

Quote:

I got those! Really frequently. About year or two ago, I used to get them a couple times a week. They were so realistic! My mouth felt full of my teeth, and I used to either spit them out or swallow them. I used to actually feel them slipping down my throat one by one. The texture and cusps and everything. Really freaky.

It's even more freaky that multiple people have the same dream.

EDIT: same with Kyle. I never went to the dentist to get diagnosed. I woke up while I was swallowing them. And even after I woke up, I could still feel the sensation...as if I was just swallowing something hard and slippery. I used to actually check and see if my teeth were still intact when I woke up.

Last edited by SilentWalker : 11-08-2010 at 02:36 PM.