MacInsiders Logo

Lucid Dreaming

Old 11-08-2010 at 02:34 PM   #46
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWalker View Post
I got those! Really frequently. About year or two ago, I used to get them a couple times a week. They were so realistic...I used to actually feel myself swallowing teeth. The texture and cusps and everything. Really freaky.

It's even more freaky that multiple people have the same dream.
Yea, I get them like clockwork if I fall asleep without brushing my teeth. I've done a few experiments where I've purposely not brushed my teeth for at least 2 sleeps and I've gotten the dream everytime. I think it's my subconscious telling me to step up my game.

Considering how much I like my teeth, I wouldn't doubt that as the reason.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

doug, Phil like this.
Old 11-08-2010 at 04:33 PM   #47
Phil

Liked: 27 Times

After surgery I was put on Percocet's for pain. The strength of a couple of these would be enough to put me out, and when I was sleeping after the percs I found I had the ability to be aware my dreams.

Now where to buy more of these...
Old 11-08-2010 at 04:45 PM   #48
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

I hope I dream about this tonight:

I miss the homeland.

Last edited by lawleypop : 11-08-2010 at 05:49 PM.

Commander likes this.
Old 11-08-2010 at 05:33 PM   #49
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Liked: 325 Times

>_>
never dreamed about my teeth falling out, I don't think.
Don't think I've ever had a lucid dream, either.

boring much? D:

Old 11-08-2010 at 05:35 PM   #50
Mr.Prodigy

Liked: 43 Times

I had one a couple of years ago. I was home alone and watching television in the living room, and this guy who looked like the killer from the movie Scream broke into my house. I ran upstairs and locked myself in my room. For some reason I couldn't get the windows to open up, and so I took a baseball bat and considered it my last stand. That's when I suddenly realized it was a dream, so I opened the door and charged at him...and that's when I woke up.
Old 11-08-2010 at 06:57 PM   #51
Commander
P.I.M.P

Liked: 63 Times

Nobody proved me that Lucid Dreaming was real. And don't tell me about your experiences. That's like saying you have vision.
Old 11-08-2010 at 08:49 PM   #52
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

http://xkcd.com/719/
Old 11-08-2010 at 09:06 PM   #53
Commander
P.I.M.P

Liked: 63 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
Hey, are you the guy who wrote that article on Internet Trolls ?
Old 11-10-2010 at 06:50 PM   #54
NowHere

Liked: 14 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
Nobody proved me that Lucid Dreaming was real. And don't tell me about your experiences. That's like saying you have vision.
http://www.fourhourworkweek. com/bl...o-lucid-dream/

"I applied to Stanford University because I wanted to refine my clinical understanding of lucid dreaming: the ability to become conscious during dreams and affect their content.

This isn’t new-age nonsense, either. It’s been tested in the strictest of lab settings.

Dr. Stephen LaBerge of Stanford was considered the world’s foremost researchers in the science and practice of lucid dreaming, and he had pioneered proving its existence. How? It turns out that eye movement, unlike the rest of the skeletal muscular system, is not inhibited by REM sleep. Subjects could memorize horizontal eye patterns (e.g. left-left-right-right-left-right-left) and repeat the patterns upon becoming lucid, which researchers could observe, all while recording brain activity with an EEG to confirm that the subjects where, in fact, in a dream state. Tibetan monks have been practicing lucid dreaming for thousands of years, but it was considered fringe speculation until it was captured in a controlled environment.

There are now dozens of studies that explore the incredibly cool world of lucid dreaming and hint at applications (search “lucid dreaming” here on PubMed).

I recently had dinner with former PayPal employee Mark Goldenson, who was a researcher in both Stephen LaBerge’s lab and Phil Zimbardo’s psychophysiology lab at Stanford, and the conversation convinced me that sharing the basics was worth a post."
Old 11-10-2010 at 07:51 PM   #55
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

I don't remember my dreams often, but when I do the dreams usually take place in that hour before I wake up. Lately they've been re-curring dreams about a guy (a specific guy) and then RIGHT before the good parts come I wake up. IT SUCKS. And then I try to fall back asleep and it never picks up where it left off; OR I will know I'm dreaming (ie. lucid) and will also know that I am about to wake up, and will think to myself, "KEEP DREAMING, KEEP DREAMING!" And then I wake up.
Old 11-10-2010 at 08:42 PM   #56
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
I don't remember my dreams often, but when I do the dreams usually take place in that hour before I wake up. Lately they've been re-curring dreams about a guy (a specific guy) and then RIGHT before the good parts come I wake up. IT SUCKS. And then I try to fall back asleep and it never picks up where it left off; OR I will know I'm dreaming (ie. lucid) and will also know that I am about to wake up, and will think to myself, "KEEP DREAMING, KEEP DREAMING!" And then I wake up.
I don't know how you can possibly know this. You have no sense of time when you're sleeping/dreaming.

Old 11-10-2010 at 08:49 PM   #57
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
Why would you want to continue dreaming? I wake up hungry. So hunger > anything.
Old 11-10-2010 at 10:40 PM   #58
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Liked: 325 Times

This does work, I've tried it before