MacInsiders Logo

Lululemon Survey- Marketing 2MA3

Old 02-07-2011 at 01:46 PM   #1
Commie8507
King of Microwaves

Liked: 200 Times

Lululemon Survey- Marketing 2MA3
I'm doing a survey to gather some exploratory research about Lululemon and would love to learn what students at Mcmaster perceive the brand to be.

The survey can be found here http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/WEB22BUQSKVQ8R/

Thanks
Old 02-07-2011 at 02:36 PM   #2
PHLN
Oink! Oink! Oink! Oink!

Liked: 506 Times

I love yoga pants! So sexy...
Old 02-07-2011 at 08:21 PM   #3

Liked: 8 Times

So I offer this advise in the most positive way possible. I would suggest that if you haven't already you run your survey past your TA or Rita (if she is willing). You have lots of open ended questions, which isn't ideal. You are clearly concerned about price, however maybe consider researching some other factors in purchasing decisions as well.

Don't get me wrong it will probably work for some of your primary research, but if this is your only survey it is going to severely limit you later in your project. If you really want to own it(your project), get your TA (or ideally Rita, she is great with them) to look over your survey and rip it apart.

good luck.
Old 02-07-2011 at 08:38 PM   #4
Commie8507
King of Microwaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by 158701 View Post
So I offer this advise in the most positive way possible. I would suggest that if you haven't already you run your survey past your TA or Rita (if she is willing). You have lots of open ended questions, which isn't ideal. You are clearly concerned about price, however maybe consider researching some other factors in purchasing decisions as well.

Don't get me wrong it will probably work for some of your primary research, but if this is your only survey it is going to severely limit you later in your project. If you really want to own it(your project), get your TA (or ideally Rita, she is great with them) to look over your survey and rip it apart.

good luck.
There is a reason why i have posted open ended questions, my primary concern is to evaluate future economic success, and one of the ways to do so is to learn what consumers perceive of the brand. The primary weaknesses are, focused market on yoga, high substitutability which suggests lack of brand loyalty,
perceived taget market is also an area of concern most people do not know they sell male variants.
Old 02-07-2011 at 08:55 PM   #5
jo87
Elite Member

Liked: 152 Times

I actually had the same comment about your survey. I think you made questions open ended that don't really need to be.

Question 5 could be 2 questions

1. Why do you like lulu clothes?

a.style
b.comfort
c. colours
d. brand name
e.quality

Question 2: When do you typically wear your lulu clothes
a. school
b.gym
c.walking
d.errands
e. at home

Some people don't like open ended questions, i was going to do your survey but didn't feel like answering the questions. Plus its a lot harder to evaluate data from open ended questions.
Old 02-07-2011 at 08:58 PM   #6
Commie8507
King of Microwaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo87 View Post
I actually had the same comment about your survey. I think you made questions open ended that don't really need to be.

Question 5 could be 2 questions

1. Why do you like lulu clothes?

a.style
b.comfort
c. colours
d. brand name
e.quality

Question 2: When do you typically wear your lulu clothes
a. school
b.gym
c.walking
d.errands
e. at home

Some people don't like open ended questions, i was going to do your survey but didn't feel like answering the questions. Plus its a lot harder to evaluate data from open ended questions.
My only problem with those is the ambiguity aspect, sometimes none of those apply and without paying for a pro membership i cant have a question that allows for both an open and closed question. There is a clear consensus in the data i have, tallying it and interpreting it is very simple.
Old 02-07-2011 at 09:03 PM   #7
jo87
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commie8507 View Post
My only problem with those is the ambiguity aspect, sometimes none of those apply and without paying for a pro membership i cant have a question that allows for both an open and closed question. There is a clear consensus in the data i have, tallying it and interpreting it is very simple.

Yeah that makes sense, I'm not familair with the website so I don't know the limits of it
Old 02-07-2011 at 09:29 PM   #8
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

What the **** kind of name for clothing is that?

Jesus christ, the next thing you know clothing will be named after celebrities, some strange kind of "bur" berry, monkeys that have a strange interest in bathing, and overweight girls walking to KTH will have "Cutie" and "Hot" written over the ass of their sweat pants.

Old 02-07-2011 at 10:22 PM   #9
Nort

Liked: 18 Times

I perceive that Lululemon isn't nearly as good as Lulumon which is what I originally thought this brand was called. Think about it. You could do a crossover with Digimon, reviving the series AND introducing a whole new viewing demographic: College girls. The Digi-destined would wear full Lulumon and get around on flying yoga mats. Its a win/win situation, any fool can see it.
Old 02-07-2011 at 10:26 PM   #10
Nort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendoon View Post

Jesus christ, the next thing you know clothing will be named after celebrities, some strange kind of "bur" berry, monkeys that have a strange interest in bathing, and overweight girls walking to KTH will have "Cutie" and "Hot" written over the ass of their sweat pants.
Don't forget boots that sound like they're about to hurl. "UGGGGGGG" *splosh! spew!*
Old 02-07-2011 at 10:30 PM   #11
jo87
Elite Member

Quote:

You should go buy some lulu pants, you might change you mind Lulu pants for guys are amazing at showing off the assets..well if you have assets to begin with. They cup all the right areas
Old 02-07-2011 at 10:42 PM   #12
Commie8507
King of Microwaves

I now have a plentitude of responses, thank you everyone for participating.
Old 02-07-2011 at 10:45 PM   #13
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:

icwutudidthar.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 02-07-2011 at 10:45 PM   #14
Nort

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo87 View Post
You should go buy some lulu pants, you might change you mind Lulu pants for guys are amazing at showing off the assets..well if you have assets to begin with. They cup all the right areas
I though the allure of Lululemon was that it made the most assless of asses bountifully assed?
Old 02-07-2011 at 11:34 PM   #15
jo87
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nort View Post
I though the allure of Lululemon was that it made the most assless of asses bountifully assed?

They just want you to think that. If you are assless, no pant will make your more assed...unless there is padding in it.