MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Uni Admission Help ... madhawatk First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 13 02-15-2011 03:16 PM

M.Sc. Chemistry admission

Old 07-09-2011 at 09:03 PM   #1
Navneetskht

Liked: 0 Times

M.Sc. Chemistry admission
Hi, I 've applied for the M.Sc. Chemistry program of the Department of Chemistry & Chemical biology for fall 2011. My application is complete. But I haven't received any communication from the department regarding whether my application is accepted or not. I have contacted the department & they say that the applications are still being reviewed and i 'll be notified when the review is complete. Is there anyone here who is in the same situation ? or can anyone tell me how much time does the department of chemistry normally takes to review the applications ?
Old 07-09-2011 at 09:09 PM   #2
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navneetskht View Post
Hi, I 've applied for the M.Sc. Chemistry program of the Department of Chemistry & Chemical biology for fall 2011. My application is complete. But I haven't received any communication from the department regarding whether my application is accepted or not. I have contacted the department & they say that the applications are still being reviewed and i 'll be notified when the review is complete. Is there anyone here who is in the same situation ? or can anyone tell me how much time does the department of chemistry normally takes to review the applications ?
If the department says they're still reviewing, they're still reviewing. A lot of the MacInsiders community is undergraduate, so you may not find somebody in the same situation. However, in my experience, the Chemistry department is easily one of the most efficient on Campus (largely due to their smaller programs) and will get back to you as soon as they possibly can. They're the only ones who can release the most accurate information and I know it's tiring and probably a bit frustrating to be put on hold, but waiting is all that you can really do at this point.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Navneetskht says thanks to goodnews.inc for this post.
Old 07-09-2011 at 09:50 PM   #3
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

I don't think you'll find your answer here since 99.9% of the MI population is undergrad students. However, at least they've replied and told you that your application is still being reviewed. So there isn't really much that can be done at this point. From what I heard from friends, it does take a while, so it's best to be patient and hope for the best, however hard it may be at this point. If the waiting is really bothering you, maybe you can ask them when the last day is to be notified (if there is one), just to have some idea of when they would reply.

Navneetskht says thanks to ~*Sara*~ for this post.
Old 07-10-2011 at 12:40 PM   #4
Navneetskht

Liked: 0 Times

thanx for reply