MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Go Bus times Saturday AnnaWM General Discussion 4 11-14-2011 11:24 PM
do buses work on saturday jitnikovi Automotive & Transportation 10 09-10-2011 07:40 PM
Saturday Exam JLG 15 Academics 21 03-02-2011 08:53 AM
40% off at the GAP - Saturday Chad Student Deals & Discounts 4 01-21-2011 12:57 PM
Saturday 19th LAN Question nawedc Gaming 1 09-08-2009 11:39 AM

Mac Eng Musical: The Eng King! Tonight, Friday, And Saturday!

Old 03-15-2012 at 07:50 PM   #1
micadjems
Awesome Member

Liked: 382 Times

Mac Eng Musical: The Eng King! Tonight, Friday, And Saturday!
It's that time of year again! Mac Eng Musical Presents: The Eng King!

As a first year student, Simon is eager to make his mark in McMaster Engineering. With guidance from the current Eng King, Simon learns that it is his destiny to one day rule Eng Land. But a dark shadow looms over JHE, as the Eng King's brother has plans to steal the crown for himself. When tragedy strikes, Simon is forced to flee from his home, where he meets two new friends who teach him how to live life to the fullest. After watching Eng Land descend into chaos, Simon's friends and classmates need their true King to return. Will his friends be able to convince him to take his rightful place as King? Or will darkness envelop Eng Land forever?

Come on out and see it this Thursday, Friday, and Saturday @ 8 PM. Tickets are on sale all week in the JHE lobby for $10 ($14 with bus from the annex), or feel free to reserve online at www.macengmusical.ca!

**edit: you can also buy AT the theatre - but no promises on not being sold out!!

(I'm not involved this year but I went to the preview last night and it BLEW ME AWAY! I was doubled over most of the time laughing my ass off!!!! Hilarious!! Make sure you don't miss it!!!!)

Amaryll, qwerty91, RyanC like this.
Old 03-15-2012 at 10:21 PM   #2
Amaryll
My math prof is hotter.

Liked: 327 Times

Just got back from this. It was AWESOME. <3

BlueMorphan, micadjems all say thanks to Amaryll for this post.

micadjems, qwerty91 like this.
Old 03-16-2012 at 12:36 AM   #3
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

I liked it. Hope you guys sort out vocal cues and timing for the sound guys, because a lot of scenes/songs were totally killed because I coudn't hear half of the lines!

Heat transfer class joke was the best part of the night.

micadjems says thanks to RyanC for this post.

micadjems likes this.
Old 03-16-2012 at 09:25 AM   #4
micadjems
Awesome Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
I liked it. Hope you guys sort out vocal cues and timing for the sound guys, because a lot of scenes/songs were totally killed because I coudn't hear half of the lines!

Heat transfer class joke was the best part of the night.

As far as I understand the soundboard is 10-20 years old at the school, and that's been a killer for the sounds guys. They've been doing an amazing job this year.

So, so excited to go again tonight! So much talent and so many laughs!!
Old 03-16-2012 at 11:28 AM   #5
strackj

Liked: 4 Times

Yep, the glitches are being fixed. The school's old mixer kept cutting out them in rehearsals this week and became unmanageable on Wednesday, so they rented a new mixer for the vocal mics yesterday.

The new mixer now actually works, but a side effect is that many of their notes/levels that they made in rehearsals were being re-learned on the fly during yesterday's show. They did a great job for dropping in new equipment right before the show, and the next two shows will be even better!

-James
(ex-Mac Eng Musical Sound guy, 2006-2010 and second half of 2011)

micadjems says thanks to strackj for this post.

micadjems, RyanC like this.
Old 03-16-2012 at 12:10 PM   #6
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by strackj View Post
Yep, the glitches are being fixed. The school's old mixer kept cutting out them in rehearsals this week and became unmanageable on Wednesday, so they rented a new mixer for the vocal mics yesterday.

The new mixer now actually works, but a side effect is that many of their notes/levels that they made in rehearsals were being re-learned on the fly during yesterday's show. They did a great job for dropping in new equipment right before the show, and the next two shows will be even better!

-James
(ex-Mac Eng Musical Sound guy, 2006-2010 and second half of 2011)
I think im too pampered, I've been using a brand new digital board with comps, gates, eqs built into each of the 16 channels for past half a dozen shows I've been doing. I was twitching through that entire preformance, lol

Good job overall, band was overpowering the singers a tad bit much though!
Old 03-16-2012 at 04:23 PM   #7
micadjems
Awesome Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
I think im too pampered, I've been using a brand new digital board with comps, gates, eqs built into each of the 16 channels for past half a dozen shows I've been doing. I was twitching through that entire preformance, lol

Good job overall, band was overpowering the singers a tad bit much though!
To be fair, it's a bigger band than ever before this year! 3 rows instead of 2! They sounded so full... just amazing.

Can't wait to see it again tonight!!!
Old 03-17-2012 at 10:18 AM   #8
micadjems
Awesome Member

Finale tonight!! Last chance to come see the production!! It was amazing last night, and Ryan they definitely fixed the sound!!

See you tonight at the show!!
Old 03-17-2012 at 11:59 AM   #9
qwerty91
Elite Member

Liked: 175 Times

haha ya this show was absolutely hilarious. Soooo good.

micadjems says thanks to qwerty91 for this post.

micadjems likes this.
Old 03-17-2012 at 01:54 PM   #10
Rstevenson

Liked: 25 Times

The show was Amazing!!! I couldn't stop laughing, it reminds me why I go every year!

micadjems says thanks to Rstevenson for this post.

micadjems likes this.
Old 03-18-2012 at 12:22 AM   #11
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

Another great show this year. Makes me wish I could get my hands on a copy of the DVD, but I can understand why you can't distribute it.

Also, I melted a little when I heard the introduction to and subsequent performance of the "My Eyes" cover. Possibly the best song choice of any of the musicals, though "It's a Fine, Fine Line" in Mathemadness is pretty close.