MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any Big-time Glee fans out there? :D BeckieB Movies & Television 72 10-02-2010 04:25 PM
Next Club Fest? britb First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 10-17-2009 11:15 AM
Snowboard/ski club?? macculkin General Discussion 3 09-26-2009 12:24 PM
Climbing club Jeffard9 Clubs & Groups 1 09-02-2009 02:04 PM
Best club idea? Sasha Clubs & Groups 3 07-11-2009 06:17 PM

Mac Glee Club

Old 10-23-2009 at 10:03 PM   #46
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteskie View Post
I thought he was hot from the start but he sort of had that badboy, man-whore vibe. When he talked about sleeping with older women in that episode, I was like, not for me. But then when he sang Sweet Caroline, he completely won me over.
...I like the badboy, man-whore vibe. XD

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 10-23-2009 at 10:58 PM   #47
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

Finn is too stupid to be attractive.

Oh, we never had sex, but you came in a hot tub and now I'm preggers.

niteskie likes this.
Old 10-23-2009 at 11:25 PM   #48
aya017

Liked: 22 Times

BAHAHA. That part was so funny-stupid. haha. Man, I don't understand why they make him so stupid on the show. lol.
Old 10-24-2009 at 06:38 AM   #49
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times

Quote:
You guys don't like Mr. Schue? Wow I find him incredibly sexy. :p
He looks so JT to me. I looooooove Puck-- sooo sexy.
Old 10-24-2009 at 11:59 AM   #50
IbrahimH

Liked: 13 Times

Puck is like 30-something years old in real life! :S
I was so surprised when I found out since I expected him to be young like the rest of the cast.
Old 10-24-2009 at 12:06 PM   #51
niteskie
Elite Member

Liked: 45 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbrahimH View Post
Puck is like 30-something years old in real life! :S
I was so surprised when I found out since I expected him to be young like the rest of the cast.
Woah Puck and Finn are 27. lol
Old 10-24-2009 at 12:31 PM   #52
aya017

Liked: 22 Times

Quote:
Woah Puck and Finn are 27. lol
OMG! I had to check that out for myself. They're so old. LOL. -ish. I mean, they are playing as highschool students. I never expected they'd be in their late twenties.. but when you think about it and look at them.. yeah, it makes sense.
Old 11-11-2009 at 09:00 PM   #53
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Oh man.
Frig.
Artie has suchhhhhhh a good voice.

Old 11-11-2009 at 09:04 PM   #54
Lois
Elite Member

First of all, Jane Lynch is such a great actress. Her part could have come off as super fake, but she was amazing. She deserves an emmy.

Also, Artie >>>>>>>>>>> Finn.

I was bawling during some of the Kurt parts, even though I've heard all three versions of Defying Gravity. Second favourite character by far.

This episode was spot on.

Edit:
Quote:
I have full use of my *****
... WIN.

Last edited by Lij : 11-11-2009 at 09:10 PM.
Old 11-11-2009 at 09:04 PM   #55
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by aya017 View Post
OMG! I had to check that out for myself. They're so old. LOL.
/hate!
Old 11-11-2009 at 09:24 PM   #56
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
First of all, Jane Lynch is such a great actress. Her part could have come off as super fake, but she was amazing. She deserves an emmy.

Also, Artie >>>>>>>>>>> Finn.

I was bawling during some of the Kurt parts, even though I've heard all three versions of Defying Gravity. Second favourite character by far.

This episode was spot on.

Edit:
... WIN.
Agreed x 9000 in regards to the first 2 paragraphs.
Never heard the song Defying Gravity before, but I honestly think Kurt sang it better. Rachel's voice just sounds like any other's. ._. I don't see why people think she's so amazing.

My fav is still Its my life/these aremy confessions.

I'm still a Puck lover though.
Arghhhhh.
Buying a real life Puck, anyone selling?

Old 11-11-2009 at 09:30 PM   #57
Lois
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
Never heard the song Defying Gravity before, but I honestly think Kurt sang it better. Rachel's voice just sounds like any other's. ._. I don't see why people think she's so amazing.

Arghhhhh.
http://www.marksallingmusic. com/ =p

Kurt's story meshed so much better with the idea of 'defying gravity'. Plus, there are way too many comparisons between Lea Michelle and Idina Menzel already ...

Brittany cracks me up so much. Her comedic timing is perfect. She's more interesting than Will/Rachel/Finn combined, imo.
Old 11-12-2009 at 12:57 AM   #58
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post

Arghhhhh.

I'm pretty sure you have heard Defying Gravity before, since we saw Wicked with band back in high school.

I dunno, I wasn't a huge fan of Kurt's version, I thought Rachel did a much better job. When Kurt was trying to hit the higher notes his voice just sounded hollow. I do think that with them having so many talented singers they give too many of the leads to Rachel, but her voice just worked a lot better for this song.

It was nice for them to give some decent screen time to Artie, although any episode without Emma loses points in my book.
Old 11-12-2009 at 01:07 AM   #59
Lois
Elite Member

I'd agree with that vocally. DG is supposed to be for a "belter", which Rachel is and Kurt definitely isn't. I just found that Kurt's performance was more heartfelt and his situation better represented the song than Rachel's. Rachel's was definitely "prettier" and more polished, but I find myself listening to the other version a lot more. I'm kind of biased though (obv).

I'm just glad this episode didn't have any fake baby-drama nonsense. :| That plotline needs to diaf.
Old 11-12-2009 at 03:53 AM   #60
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Marlowe View Post
I'm pretty sure you have heard Defying Gravity before, since we saw Wicked with band back in high school.

I dunno, I wasn't a huge fan of Kurt's version, I thought Rachel did a much better job. When Kurt was trying to hit the higher notes his voice just sounded hollow. I do think that with them having so many talented singers they give too many of the leads to Rachel, but her voice just worked a lot better for this song.

It was nice for them to give some decent screen time to Artie, although any episode without Emma loses points in my book.
D: That was one of the only trips I didn't go on, LOL. :(

I agree, he definitely didn't hit the last note. But asides from that, I enjoyed his version better. But I really don't enjoy any song when Rachel sings. Sure, the girl can sing, but she sounds like any other girl who can sing.

I didn't even notice that Emma wasn't in the episode. o_o Olol.