MacInsiders Logo
Old 07-29-2008 at 09:15 PM   #16
Eva C
Elite Member

Liked: 3 Times

yeah. there are so many lockers i never had trouble finding one. i would agree, early jan or early sept when everyone all ways to get fit and are not as busy.
Old 07-29-2008 at 10:34 PM   #17
HeatherH
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 10 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by HartleyW View Post
How often would you say the gym lockers are all in use and none are free?
It depends what time you go. 8:30-10:30 tends to be empty.
From like 11am to 3pm, it's usually quite busy. I went almost 3 times a week last semester, and there was never a time when I couldn't find a locker. Sometimes it's tricky and you have to search the locker room/halls, but I always found one.
Old 07-29-2008 at 11:40 PM   #18
luckduck

Liked: 0 Times

What about classes-dance, yoga, cycling etc. Do students need to buy a pass for the gym to participate in these classes or can they just attend them?
Old 07-29-2008 at 11:50 PM   #19
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

you need to purchase a membership to do them

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 07-31-2008 at 02:24 PM   #20
mak at mac

hey guys! i was wondering if anyone has taken some MMA, boxing or kickboxing classes at mac. i saw a video on youtube of the MMA club and it seemed pretty cool, but i was wondering what the rules are to join such a club, mainly what kind of experience you should have? any help is much appreciated
Old 08-08-2008 at 06:40 PM   #21
luckduck

Intramurals
How do intramurals work? Do we have to sign up for them before school starts or do we do it when we get there?
Old 08-08-2008 at 09:38 PM   #22
stevenback7

Liked: Liked 3 Times

Like, I know there is a badminton club (well sort off) but I didn't see it on the McMaster clubs page (I might be blind - never know). Is there a better list somewhere of sport teams like that just for leisure?
Old 08-09-2008 at 11:49 AM   #23
Eva C
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenback7 View Post
Like, I know there is a badminton club (well sort off) but I didn't see it on the McMaster clubs page (I might be blind - never know). Is there a better list somewhere of sport teams like that just for leisure?
hey.
check also the clublisting : http://www.msu.mcmaster.ca/clubs/listings.php

go to the recreational section

i don't see the badminton club either. which is odd... i'm gonna go ask the president last year and see what she says. i'll get back to you once i know.
Old 08-09-2008 at 12:45 PM   #24
stevenback7

Okay, thanks Eva.

Yeah, that was the page I was on before, at least I see soccer (YAY ) on the list.
Old 08-10-2008 at 04:34 PM   #25
HartleyW

Thanks to everyone who responded to my question. When I went to welcome day the person doing the tour also mentioned that new years is when the gym gets busy, so I think I'll save myself the 50 bucks.
Old 08-13-2008 at 01:51 PM   #26
Eva C
Elite Member

hey stevenback7. here is the reply i got after talking to last year's presidence of the badminton club !

"Hey Eva. =) Actually, MacBC *is* still around this year. The club is just no longer a part of the MSU - we have fully transferred over to Athletics and Rec. (the school says we can no longer be a part of both =( Haha), and should be listed under their website once the new clubs are up for next year.

I'm actually not running it this year, but you can stay updated via the website once the new semester starts --> http://www.geocities.com/macbc123/

See you soon!"

hope that helps!
Old 08-13-2008 at 02:01 PM   #27
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Yay for badminton, I'll make sure to bring my racket, however you spell it
Old 08-13-2008 at 03:03 PM   #28
stevenback7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eva C View Post
hey stevenback7. here is the reply i got after talking to last year's presidence of the badminton club !

"Hey Eva. =) Actually, MacBC *is* still around this year. The club is just no longer a part of the MSU - we have fully transferred over to Athletics and Rec. (the school says we can no longer be a part of both =( Haha), and should be listed under their website once the new clubs are up for next year.

I'm actually not running it this year, but you can stay updated via the website once the new semester starts --> http://www.geocities.com/macbc123/

See you soon!"

hope that helps!
Thanks, yeah I was just wondering because I've seen the site before and was wondering why it wasn't listed on MSU.

My Black Knight is getting lonely and wants to play badminton again.
Old 08-13-2008 at 03:45 PM   #29
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

I have a fake muscle power 99 XD