MacInsiders Logo
Old 05-28-2011 at 11:22 PM   #31
jeboi7
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 68 Times

After researching on a Macbook for several days, I heard 2011 Macbook Pro overheat like crazy, is this true or blown out of proportion?
Old 05-28-2011 at 11:26 PM   #32
Commie8507
King of Microwaves

Liked: 200 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeboi7 View Post
After researching on a Macbook for several days, I heard 2011 Macbook Pro overheat like crazy, is this true or blown out of proportion?
You know whats sad is that your blinded by your bias. Think about it rationally. Are you more likely to hear people enjoying their laptop over say having difficulties on a forum designed for owners who have faulty units to discuss their problems? Anyway, i have 3 2011 macbook pros in my house and have had no issues with all three.
Old 05-28-2011 at 11:54 PM   #33
Icecream
Account Locked

Liked: 42 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commie8507 View Post
You know whats sad is that your blinded by your bias. Think about it rationally. Are you more likely to hear people enjoying their laptop over say having difficulties on a forum designed for owners who have faulty units to discuss their problems? Anyway, i have 3 2011 macbook pros in my house and have had no issues with all three.
A bias ? He asked a question ffs. He did not make a claim. He asked an effin question.

People like you never cease to amaze me... (intended sarcasm)
Old 05-29-2011 at 12:06 AM   #34
Commie8507
King of Microwaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecream View Post
A bias ? He asked a question ffs. He did not make a claim. He asked an effin question.

Looks like its my turn to argue with you. He stated he did "research", its more than likely the he/she had inclinations towards the laptop having issues and looked for iconfirming evidence. It's called the confirmation bias look it up. BTW, I recall you stating you had memorized the Quran. Doesn't your display pic go against the ideology of modesty in Islam?
Old 05-29-2011 at 12:11 AM   #35
Icecream
Account Locked

Quote:
Looks like its my turn to argue with you. He stated he did "research", its more than likely the he/she had inclinations towards the laptop having issues and looked for iconfirming evidence. It's called the confirmation bias look it up. BTW, I recall you stating you had memorized the Quran. Doesn't your display pic go against the ideology of modesty in Islam?
He claimed he did some research, which means he could have read some reviews or comments about the product. He asked a question. He did not make any claims. You obviously decided to attack the person and not the claim. Who cares if there is a bias, it does not render the argument invalid.

Plus, there was no argument so I do not know why you are mentioning a bias to begin with.

Anyway, there is no such thing as a computer that does not overheat. which is why he has the right to ask a question regarding an overheating issue. If you know of a computer that is immune to overheating, I think you should get a prize equivalent to the Nobel prize.

Why are you bringing another issue ? Using the Red herring ey ?

And to answer your question, yes the picture does go against the modesty in Islam. So what ? What does that have to do with your claim that "jeboi7" is blinded by a bias ?

EDIT : Just looked "confirmation bias" up...

"Confirmation bias (also called confirmatory bias or myside bias) is a tendency for people to favor information that confirms their preconceptions or hypotheses regardless of whether the information is true"

Where is his/her hypothesis or preconception ? How is a question a preconception or hypothesis ?

He said "I heard" and asked "if it was true ?". He did not make an affirmation or a hypothesis. Rather, he wanted to confirm what he heard. There is no bias involved, admit it.

Last edited by Icecream : 05-29-2011 at 12:18 AM.
Old 05-29-2011 at 12:17 AM   #36
Commie8507
King of Microwaves

Quote:

Quote:
He claimed he did some research, which means he could have read some reviews or comments about the product. He asked a question. He did not make any claims. You obviously decided to attack the person and not the claim. Who cares if there is a bias, it does not render the argument invalid.

Plus, there was no argument so I do not know why you are mentioning a bias to begin with.

Anyway, there is no such thing as a computer that does not overheat. If you know of a computer that is immune to overheating, I think you should get a prize equivalent to the Nobel prize.

Why are you bringing another issue ? Using the Red herring ey ?
My response was based on past posts, regardless I answered his/her question. The reason why I brought it up, is because it bothered me. You have posted in the past that you had memorized the Quran, and I believe someone who has done so, should behave in a manner that corresponds to the book. Meh to each his own.
Old 05-29-2011 at 12:24 AM   #37
Icecream
Account Locked

Quote:
My response was based on past posts, regardless I answered his/her question. The reason why I brought it up, is because it bothered me. You have posted in the past that you had memorized the Quran, and I believe someone who has done so, should behave in a manner that corresponds to the book. Meh to each his own.
Red herring again....

So what. I memorized the Quran and that does not have anything to do with your claim. It looks like you never heard of the fallacy "attacking the person instead of attacking the argument." (Personal attack fallacy) which renders your argument of claiming that I am wrong invalid.

Past posts? So what ? Whatever he claimed in the pasts does not have anything to do with a present claim.

You quoted a recent post, which means you were referring to what he said in the post.
Old 05-29-2011 at 12:26 AM   #38
jeboi7
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Commie, if I was biased then I would be making a statement and not asking a question. Tsk tsk.

In case you haven't noticed, there are good amount of people complaining about Macbook Pro 2011 overheating problem. If you don't believe me, try google typing "Macbook Pro 2011 H___" and it will lead you to the word "heat", "heat problem", and etc . There are many online forums with people discussing about this issue and the only reason I asked the question about Macbook Pro being prone to heating is because there were many voices being raised about this issue. As we know, we can never be sure with these things so I thought I might ask a fellow MI people about this matter...after all, that might be the most unbiased thing to do right?

Oh, thanks for backing me up icecream

Last edited by jeboi7 : 05-29-2011 at 12:28 AM.
Old 05-29-2011 at 12:29 AM   #39
Commie8507
King of Microwaves

Quote:
Red herring again....

So what I memorized the Quran, that does not have anything to do with your claim. It looks like you never heard of "attacking the person instead of attacking the argument."

Past posts? So what ? Whatever he claimed in the pasts does not have anything to do with a present claim.

You quoted a recent post, which means you were referring to what he said in the post.
Correct me if I'm Wrong but you have referred to fellow posters as idiots. You definitely follow your own advice. The past has everything to do with it, do you not know how ones memory is construed, how ones judgements are formed? Also let me provide you with some insight. When you state the fact that you have memorized the Quran be prepared to be judged by how your actions correspond too the book.
Old 05-29-2011 at 12:31 AM   #40
jeboi7
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Bringing up religion is the last thing you should do when arguing with someone buddy.

And you saying that I was looking for a confirmation bias..way to put that in my mouth.
Old 05-29-2011 at 12:33 AM   #41
Commie8507
King of Microwaves

Quote:
Commie, if I was biased then I would be making a statement and not asking a question. Tsk tsk.

In case you haven't noticed, there are good amount of people complaining about Macbook Pro 2011 overheating problem. If you don't believe me, try google typing "Macbook Pro 2011 H___" and it will lead you to the word "heat", "heat problem", and etc . There are many online forums with people discussing about this issue and the only reason I asked the question about Macbook Pro being prone to heating is because there were many voices being raised about this issue. As we know, we can never be sure with these things so I thought I might ask a fellow MI people about this matter...after all, that might be the most unbiased thing to do right?

Oh, thanks for backing me up icecream
Try not too look for confirming evidence, think about it logically. If it were truly as large scale, wouldn't consumer reports have reported it. Forums are designed for people to discuss their issues, rarely do users go on them and say OMG my Macbook Pro is perfect. Anywho like I stated previously I have had no issues and have yet to here a single complaint from any of my friends.

jeboi7 says thanks to Commie8507 for this post.
Old 05-29-2011 at 12:35 AM   #42
jeboi7
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Try not too look for confirming evidence, think about it logically. If it were truly as large scale, wouldn't consumer reports have reported it. Forums are designed for people to discuss their issues, rarely do users go on them and say OMG my Macbook Pro is perfect. Anywho like I stated previously I have had no issues and have yet to here a single complaint from any of my friends.
Ok thanks for letting me know.....
Old 05-29-2011 at 12:37 AM   #43
Icecream
Account Locked

Quote:
Correct me if I'm Wrong but you have referred to fellow posters as idiots. You definitely follow your own advice. The past has everything to do with it, do you not know how ones memory is construed, how ones judgements are formed? Also let me provide you with some insight. When you state the fact that you have memorized the Quran be prepared to be judged by how your actions correspond too the book.
Yes I did refer people in this forums as Idiot, and that was not appropriate. I learned from that mistake and did not commit it again. Why are you changing subject ?

You have committed more Red Herrings than anyone in this forum.

Let me explain it to you in a matter in which you will likely understand :

Past ... claims... does ... not... affect... validity... of... current... claims...

It is something called "poisoning the well".

RyanC likes this.
Old 05-29-2011 at 12:37 AM   #44
Commie8507
King of Microwaves

Quote:
Ok thanks for letting me know.....
No problem, pm if you have any more concerns regarding the laptop.
Old 05-29-2011 at 12:39 AM   #45
jeboi7
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
No problem, pm if you have any more concerns regarding the laptop.
Alright sounds cool