Atmosphere
70%70%70%
Service
70%70%70%
Overall Experience
80%80%80%
Average 72%
Maccheroni Cucina Al Fresco

Maccheroni Cucina Al Fresco's is a little gem hidden away on Main St W beside a Colour Your World and this odd sewing machine store. I still have no idea what that sewing machine store is doing there.

If you want great Italian food I suggest this place. The portions are great and I always end up taking some home. They give you a complimentary loaf of bread fresh out of the oven and all of your meals are made fresh... no reheated pasta for you!

The atmosphere of the place is cozy. It looks like it was once a large house and then converted into a resturant. There is a bar area at the front of the resturant and the dining area towards the back. The walls are decorated with paintings, vintage signs, bottles of wine, olives and oils. Unfortunately it's usually busy on your average dinner night but the quality of the food does not go down at all. The service is sometimes slow on these nights but your server will usually make up for it by making your drinks on the house.

They offer a wide variety of meals from veggie to meat lovers and seafood. On the lunch menu you can get things like extreme meatball sandwiches and lasagna while on the dinner menu pasta tends to be the main dish. If you don't enjoy your carbs, stay away my friend because this place will make you feel like you had a food baby if you're not careful!

The only thing to watch for is the prices. It's not exactly student budget friendly. Two main dishes, an appetizer and two drinks usually costs around 60-70 dollars depending on what you buy. The lunch menu however is a little bit cheaper, but still not student friendly.
Deleted Post
Edit/Delete Message
Click here to add your own review for Maccheroni Cucina Al Fresco!

Old 06-16-2008 at 11:36 AM   #2
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times
I went here for a business meeting with co-workers. Good food, very nice looking inside. A great place for going on a special occasion group dinner with friends or family, but because of the prices it isn't a place for regular eating. Luckily I didn't have to pay the bill

Old 04-21-2010 at 06:29 PM   #3
JackBauer133

Liked: 0 Times
Used to be a way better restaurant
My girlfriend and I used to go here twice a week to eat dinner, this was about a year ago when the prices were more reasonable. Bruschetta was to die for, also was the pizza. Dinner for the 2 of us was usually about $25 WITH tip, that's why we went so often. Food was always so good.

Then, over time, the prices slowly started going up, and going up, and going up; and the quality of the food kept going down, and going down, and going down. Soon our humble $25 delicious dinner was a rude $40 without tip, and the food quality had declined a lot. Ingredients on the bruschetta were so skimpy, it was awful. When we asked what the hell was going on there, the server told us that the owner wanted to attract a "higher class crowd from Burlington" than have students dine at his restaurant.

F- him. Why should I pay double for half of what I used to get? Seems a little pointless. Go to Turtle Jacks instead.

Old 08-27-2010 at 05:57 PM   #4
sidhui

I loved the food here and the service was good. Great tasting food as well. The portion sizes were pretty big so it was definately filling.

Old 08-13-2011 at 11:04 AM   #5
laurad

I agree. Nice menu, big portions and really friendly staff. I thought it was a little pricey though.

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search