MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
MacInsiders Back-To-School GIVEAWAY Chad MacInsiders Announcements 26 09-11-2010 12:31 AM
back to back classes? mandee08 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 36 08-20-2009 11:59 PM
And We're Back! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 21 06-29-2009 02:47 AM
When do we come back? J-Met General Discussion 2 12-30-2008 11:59 PM
We'll be back soon! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 12-12-2006 09:54 PM

MacInsiders Is Back

MacInsiders Is Back

Over the last 48 hours MacInsiders had a hiccup due to a tremendous increase in traffic over the last month. With this increased traffic brought increased bandwidth usage and strain on our server. We've had over 250,000 page views in the last 30 days and had over 30,000 visitors to the site. Being a student-run organization with little funding, we unfortunately don't have a dedicated server with enormous amounts of bandwidth so we eventually reached a peaking point yesterday.

We've put some funds aside and increased our bandwidth to help support our growth. Also, we are pursuing new sponsorship and advertising opportunities in the future to help generate funds for the club and give us more opportunities to build awareness of our community and services on and off campus.

We welcome all of the many new members that have signed up in the past week as well as new visitors that are on MacInsiders for the first time. Welcome! We look forward to discussing with you in our forums.

Expect big things from MacInsiders as we all grow together as a community.
Published by
MacInsiders Founder/Admin

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 07-23-2008 at 06:10 PM   #2
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 352 Times
I guess running out of bandwith is a good sign?

Old 07-23-2008 at 06:14 PM   #3
sarahsweet

Liked: 13 Times
Thank goodness you're back! When I saw the error I was like "oh no! I can't be without my macinsiders!!!" Some good articles lately by the way, thanks! you guys are amazing.

Chad, lorend, temara.brown all say thanks to sarahsweet for this post.

Old 07-23-2008 at 06:18 PM   #4
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temara.brown View Post
I guess running out of bandwith is a good sign?
Well, in a way I suppose. Shows we're growing really fast which is exciting yet frightening at the same time, especially when its growing faster than you can keep up with. Luckily our team is growing and doing an amazing job in the forums to help all the members, and seeing members helping other members is fantastic and exactly what this community is all about. It just wouldn't be possible without all you guys!

Old 07-23-2008 at 06:42 PM   #5
samantha__
Elite Member

Liked: 9 Times
I was having a panic attack Chad! How would that have been on your conscience?! My mother screaming "DAMN YOU CHAD; DAMN YOU MACINSIDERS" while she stares at my lifeless body. LOL.

Old 07-23-2008 at 07:13 PM   #6
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times
well thankfully it didn't come to that, and there was no mad panics in the streets either

Old 07-23-2008 at 09:53 PM   #7
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times
It was absolutely dreadful for me honestly. It was terrrible. I hope it never shuts down again (although I do like the idea of more visitors =))

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search