MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Macinsiders Social Party Chad MacInsiders Announcements 216 09-16-2010 10:52 PM
social for macinsiders Qadd General Discussion 2 09-13-2010 10:08 PM
MacInsiders Social - RSVP Now! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 10 09-07-2010 08:31 AM
MACINSIDERS SOCIAL - Sat. Sept 19 5:30 @ BP Chad MacInsiders Announcements 60 09-19-2009 04:34 PM

MacInsiders Social - THANK YOU!

A big thanks to all who came out to our MacInsiders Social event tonight at Stonewalls, and a huge thanks to Dennis and the staff at Stonewalls for the great food and service. Also thanks to our event sponsor Titles Bookstore who provided some of the prize giveaways tonight. We had 60+ come for dinner which was fantastic. Karaoke was a blast! Keep in mind that Stonewalls will be giving 15% off to all McMaster students now that show a student ID, so be sure to take advantage of that!

For those who attended, any feedback or thoughts please leave them as replies. We had many members mention wanting to do smaller 'meetups' more often, so we're thinking of doing smaller scale, more low-key MacInsiders "Member Meetups" once or twice a month on Thursdays (same night as Karaoke) in the evening closer to 7-8. If interested let us know in the comments. Then we'll have our bigger "MacInsiders Socials" a few times during the year. We do have our next big MacInsiders Social Event planned for Christmas/Holidays, so that'll be happening for sure.

Again, hope you all had fun and met new people! We'll hopefully see you all out at the next event

mkozi, stefanadye like this.
Published by
MacInsiders Founder/Admin

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 09-16-2010 at 10:28 PM   #2
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy
Program: Software Engineering
Year: Fourth
Residence: SOCS

Liked: 1,656 Times
More frequent meet-ups would be pretty cool. My only recommendation is if there's free food, make sure there's still some left when I get there >:U.
  Deleted Post Deleted Post
Old 09-16-2010 at 10:30 PM   #4
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness
Program: o.o;;
Year: Other

Liked: 333 Times
I think we definitely needed more food tonight but it was still great. Name tags were awesome (major improvement from last year). Karaoke was great too. I think we needed to shuffle the tables more often since I believe we only shuffled em once. From what you told me, were having a Christmas event so I'll be looking forward to that.

Old 09-16-2010 at 10:33 PM   #5
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane
Program: Nanomaterials/Society
Year: Alumni

Liked: 974 Times
+1 @ more frequent meetups, but meetings of this calibre twice a month might be a little excessive. Not that I'm against free food or anything, just seems a little expensive.

Semi-related: If there's one roughly a month from now, it'll line up with my birthday and everyone can give me presents and stuff! Yaaaaay!

p.s. not really serious, I'm not good with presents

Last edited by Entropy : 09-16-2010 at 10:35 PM.
Old 09-16-2010 at 10:34 PM   #6
AnguishedEnd
Elite Member
Program: Mechatronics Engineering
Year: Alumni
Residence: SOCS

Liked: 103 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
More frequent meet-ups would be pretty cool. My only recommendation is if there's free food, make sure there's still some left when I get there >:U.
haha ya. Arrived there around 7:00 (damn 3x03 to hell) and all the pizza was gone. Still ordered some at our table though so it was still worth it and seeing the faces behind those usernames was pretty cool too. Hope to go to another!
Old 09-16-2010 at 10:35 PM   #7
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
+1 @ more frequent meetups, but meetings of this calibre twice a month might be a little excessive. Not that I'm against free food or anything, just seems a little expensive.

Semi-related: If there's one roughly a month from now, it'll line up with my birthday and everyone can give me presents and stuff! Yaaaaay!
You dont need presents mate, You got your dam compact stapler and Twilight game to keep you company.

Entropy likes this.
Old 09-16-2010 at 10:37 PM   #8
Yakattack
Chatbot 2.0
Program: Business
Year: Second
Residence: socs

Liked: 80 Times
Was fun, met a bunch of people, food was pretty good but there needed to be more. Would be up for more frequent meet ups and yes team awkwa (donno if people will get that but oh well)
Old 09-16-2010 at 10:40 PM   #9
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakattack View Post
Was fun, met a bunch of people, food was pretty good but there needed to be more. Would be up for more frequent meet ups and yes team awkwa (donno if people will get that but oh well)
Team awkward.. psh. Was all about Table 4: Pro table LMFAO. But yea, we didnt win that challenge. I put down "****" for male goose.
Old 09-16-2010 at 10:40 PM   #10
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled
Program: Psychology & English
Year: Fourth
Residence: SOCS!

Liked: 325 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy View Post

p.s. not really serious, I'm not good with presents
OMG YOU WON THE TWILIGHT THING?!?

AWMGAWD DOES WANT.

Old 09-16-2010 at 10:41 PM   #11
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

That reminds me, I saw Mary Kozial there too
Old 09-16-2010 at 10:42 PM   #12
Yakattack
Chatbot 2.0
Program: Business
Year: Second
Residence: socs

Liked: 80 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxsumz View Post
Team awkward.. psh. Was all about Table 4: Pro table LMFAO. But yea, we didnt win that challenge. I put down "****" for male goose.

we got second.... even though three tables tied for first but doesnt matter
Old 09-16-2010 at 10:43 PM   #13
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by giftedchick View Post
who won?
I did. Who won 2nd? Wanna trade prizes? I didn't see where you went. LOL
I've needed a laptop case, and bluetooth headset for quite some time.

Half the pizza had weird toppings I didn't really enjoy all that much, but was interesting.
Old 09-16-2010 at 10:50 PM   #14
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.
Program: Commerce
Year: Third
Residence: SOCS!

Liked: 1,373 Times
I'd like it if people who RSVPed actually showed up. I actually like meeting 120+ people. D:< I wasn't disappointed or anything, but was definitely expecting way more peepz.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 09-16-2010 at 10:51 PM   #15
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
I'd like it if people who RSVPed actually showed up. I actually like meeting 120+ people. D:< I wasn't disappointed or anything, but was definitely expecting way more peepz.
Yup. Id say we had around 60ppl or so.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search