MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LSAT Study Group Lsat Academics 0 09-29-2010 12:22 PM
RELG ST 1J03 Midterm review/Study group kinostar Academics 0 09-28-2010 12:59 AM
MacInsiders Facebook Group Chad MacInsiders Announcements 2 09-30-2007 04:44 PM

Macinsiders study group

Old 12-06-2009 at 02:32 PM   #1
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Macinsiders study group
Hi guys.

Exam time is a very stressful experience, particularly for first years who are unsure of what to expect! I propose we make a study group...sounds lame I know, but it's effective!

We can meet up somewhere on campus, and just sit down and work together (possibly regularly). I realize everyone comes from different walks of life (in a program/degree kind of way) but that's alright...even if we can't directly help each other with the course material, it's surprisingly motivating just to be around people who are all working hard!

Plus this way people can support others if they happen to be in some of the same classes.

(And people struggling with Math: now's your chance to pester me for information xD)

Let me know by posting here if you're interested! I need to put a lot of time into my take-home exams this week (and could just use some company (: ), so I was hoping to get this started (if it's going to happen) soon...tomorrow if possible.

Any takers?
Old 12-06-2009 at 02:40 PM   #2
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

I suppose I could do some group studying, it might be more effective in keeping me motivated. Having a lot of trouble with that right now >.<

I can meet up tomorrow, but I have a genetics review thing from 10:00 – 12:00, and then I have a meeting at BP's at 1:30 (not sure when it will end, shouldn't take too long though).

Anytime outside of that I would be down. Did you have any thoughts about where we should study?
Old 12-06-2009 at 02:57 PM   #3
iRetaliate

Liked: Liked 4 Times

I'm in, for anytime really.

Thodes or Mills?
Old 12-06-2009 at 03:07 PM   #4
Marlowe
Elite Member

Libraries are too busy during exam periods, at least near the beginning. I would prefer not to go there, although if everyone else likes it I suppose I wouldn't mind.

We could do it in the Math Cafe area of Hamilton Hall, as long as its not while its running, or an empty classroom would be perfect. Clubspace would also probably be pretty empty.
Old 12-06-2009 at 03:22 PM   #5
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Sometimes even getting a second opinion on something from someone that doesnt know your course material can make a huge difference. Im in, pretty much anytime before thursday.
Old 12-06-2009 at 03:22 PM   #6
Mowicz
Elite Member

Hamilton Hall has lots of places with empty blackboards (which is definitely a plus for me!)

The Math Cafe is probably not going to be all that busy, since it's reserved for upper level math office hours (the first year help is now in the basement)...but if it is we could always move upstairs or something. So how does HH sound?
Old 12-06-2009 at 03:28 PM   #7
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

I'm in. Sitting in my room is NOT effective. Too many distractions.

I think there's accounting office hours from like 12-5... so I'll be there before and after.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 12-06-2009 at 03:43 PM   #8
iRetaliate

HH sounds good to me - what day and time?
Old 12-06-2009 at 04:06 PM   #9
Mowicz
Elite Member

Myself I plan to be there from around 7:00am or so (I have to hand in an assignment first thing in the morning so it looks like I handed it in last week. :0), until 2:30 or 3:30 ish?

Other days will likely be different, I'd come whenever it suits other people.

------------------

So shall we start tomorrow (Monday)? I'll be there like I said, probably 7:00 am, I've got a key into the building...so I can sit in the Math Cafe.

We can go from there, if people wanna meet more days.

Last edited by Mowicz : 12-06-2009 at 04:08 PM.
Old 12-06-2009 at 04:07 PM   #10
Marlowe
Elite Member

Tomorrow, would be the date (although I'm sure there would be people willing to come down all this week, if people want to organize for then as well).

I'll be showing up at 12ish I suppose, and I guess we can stay as late as we want.

Edit: Yeah, what he said, lol.
Old 12-06-2009 at 07:38 PM   #11
iRetaliate

I'll also be showing up around 12.
Old 12-06-2009 at 07:49 PM   #12
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Liked: 325 Times

Sounds good, I am so in.

Is this for math only, or is it just a big group of people studying everything and anything??

Also, is the Math Cafe the first place you see when you look to your left in HH?
Like with the boards and everything?

I should be there at about 10, I believe.
Old 12-06-2009 at 08:00 PM   #13
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xo.monica View Post
Sounds good, I am so in.

Is this for math only, or is it just a big group of people studying everything and anything??

Also, is the Math Cafe the first place you see when you look to your left in HH?
Like with the boards and everything?

I should be there at about 10, I believe.
Nope, it's just a big group of people. I'll be studying Accounting, I'm assuming mowics will be studying something related to math, and I know Marlowe is in one of those science programs.

Can someone clarify what room/where the Math cafe is? I've never been.

Old 12-06-2009 at 08:03 PM   #14
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Liked: 325 Times

Yeah, Idk where I'm going, either.

I also don't want to accidentally go to a random group of people and have them be like.. "Wtf? Who are you?!"

How will I know it's youu guys?! =[
Old 12-06-2009 at 08:04 PM   #15
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xo.monica View Post
Yeah, Idk where I'm going, either.

I also don't want to accidentally go to a random group of people and have them be like.. "Wtf? Who are you?!"

How will I know it's youu guys?! =[
I have really cool shoes. ^_^