MacInsiders Logo

MacSecret

Hey Everyone!

Want to know what the secret around Mac is?
Well it's MacSecret, of course!

What is MacSecret?
Well it is a way for you to design an anonymous post card revealing something about yourself.

What should I do when I'm done designing my postcard?
Drop your postcards into the MacSecret Mailbox located in CSD (Centre for Student development), Club-space, SHEC, QSCC, and the Health and Wellness Centre, MUSC B106.

Who to contact for more information or for more postcards?
If you have any questions or need more postcards, please fell free to email us at [email protected] om or stop by MUSC B106 (Health and Wellness Centre).

* If you feel like you need some additional assistance and would like to speak to a supportive person on campus, please visit the following resources on campus at anytime--they are here to help:

Centre for student development-- MUSC B107--ext. 24711-- http:// csd.mcmaster.ca
Campus Health Centre--MUSC B101--ext. 27700-- http:// www.mcmaster.ca/health

** While we respect the right to free speech, please note that we will not display postcards that we feel promote hate, intolerance or harassment to any person or group. Please keep this in mind as you create your postcard.

Happy Writing!!!

Harlequin, Rakim like this.
Published by

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 01-25-2011 at 10:31 PM   #2
Candy25

Liked: 0 Times
mac secret-Yay
Hey, this is a really good idea. I think writing down stuff helps people work thru things, and other people with the same issue feel like they aren't alone.

Old 01-25-2011 at 10:34 PM   #3
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times
Where do these end up?

xxsumz says thanks to RyanC for this post.

Old 01-25-2011 at 10:38 PM   #4
Candy25

they're going to be put on display around campus in the glass-enclosed bulletin boards, or maybe at a coffee house or display in the student center atrium...that way other Mac students can see what people are thinking about

Old 01-25-2011 at 10:42 PM   #5
RyanC
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy25 View Post
they're going to be put on display around campus in the glass-enclosed bulletin boards, or maybe at a coffee house or display in the student center atrium...that way other Mac students can see what people are thinking about
Thats quite a profound idea, awesome.

Old 01-25-2011 at 11:12 PM   #6
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times
I feel like I've seen something like this before.

I mean no offense though. I like the idea of posting them around campus. If I had any artistic talents I'd probably submit one.

Actually, maybe I'll submit one anyway.

Old 01-25-2011 at 11:52 PM   #7
Elliott779

Liked: 35 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
I feel like I've seen something like this before.

I mean no offense though. I like the idea of posting them around campus. If I had any artistic talents I'd probably submit one.

Actually, maybe I'll submit one anyway.
Ya, in the MacInsiders twitter post they directly referenced PostSecret. I'm pretty sure the Mac version is intentionally and openly based on it.

Old 01-28-2011 at 09:12 PM   #8
sinsintome

Liked: 15 Times
it'd be much easier if we set up a site where people can post anonymously and rant and all that business like they have at waterloo: OMGUW

it's rather funny and an excellent procrastination tool.

Old 01-29-2011 at 02:12 PM   #9
Candy25

http://thesil.ca/blog/featured/betch...keep-a-secret/

hey, for more information check out the Sil article

Old 01-29-2011 at 02:56 PM   #10
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times
Is there a date when they need to be submitted by?

Old 01-29-2011 at 03:02 PM   #11
RyanC
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinsintome View Post
it'd be much easier if we set up a site where people can post anonymously and rant and all that business like they have at waterloo: OMGUW

it's rather funny and an excellent procrastination tool.
No thanks...

Facebook/MI/likealittle/reddit/youtube/etc/etc...... take that role

alh24 likes this.

Old 01-29-2011 at 04:03 PM   #12
Candy25

you can submit them whenever you want, as long as it's before March 7th. And you can submit as many as u want too

Old 01-29-2011 at 05:09 PM   #13
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
No thanks...

Facebook/MI/likealittle/reddit/youtube/etc/etc...... take that role
fmylife.com, peopleofwalmart.com, textsfromlastnight.co m --Thought this one was funny btw: (from tfln.com) [207] She looked at it and said "your dick is like the golden gate bridge."

hahaha

EDIT: I will be doing this by the way. I already have my post card. LOOK FOR MY SECRET!

Old 01-29-2011 at 05:13 PM   #14
ShouldBeStudying
Elite Member

Liked: 357 Times
i bet this is gonna turn out just like chatroullette...a lot of unwanted nutsacks

Afzal likes this.

Old 01-29-2011 at 06:19 PM   #15
crazyfree
Elite Member

Liked: 284 Times
I feel like putting these online is a better idea. Most people rush around campus or sit put in one place..not wander around reading the stuff in the cases etc. That way, when you're procrastinating you have something interesting to look at. I already love reading Postsecret, so this too would be cool.

lizziepizzie likes this.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search