Manga recommendation? bloodyangel Anime & Comic Books 50 05-10-2012 07:25 PM
cheap manga book wanted lkngfrhouse6 Anime & Comic Books 2 07-05-2011 09:23 PM
Where's the Anime/Manga club? RoyK Anime & Comic Books 5 09-28-2008 11:42 PM

Mainstream manga

Old 06-12-2013 at 10:11 AM   #1
Marvelous

Liked: 0 Times

Mainstream manga
Is there a real reason to hate Naruto? I mean, people say it has a lot of plotholes, bad character representation, and is only good in it for the art. I feel as if they comparing it with Twilight.
Why is it hard to find people say it's redeeming quality rather than complaints about the story.
Old 06-12-2013 at 10:56 AM   #2
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Liked: 452 Times

I think a lot of hate for mainstream series comes from their fanbases, which have some very stereotypical otaku fans, and that's why people compare them to things like twilight.
Old 06-16-2013 at 12:45 AM   #3
allanandthera

Liked: 33 Times

I personally grew up with Naruto, so I love the series. However, I personally don't like mainstream manga because they are way too dragged out and the quality of the story goes down. The most notable example I'd say is Bleach, I totally hate the manga and at some point, I thought it was awesome, but the guy is freak'n milking it out too much. >< RAGE!!!!!
Old 06-16-2013 at 01:14 AM   #4
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

narutos prob worst 100+ episode anime there is imo
Old 06-16-2013 at 02:45 AM   #5
Suspect

Liked: 60 Times

KHR was awfull.
Old 06-16-2013 at 03:16 AM   #6
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspect View Post
KHR was awfull.
The manga and anime were pretty good for a while, but once they got to the byakuran arc it started going downhill imo.
Old 06-16-2013 at 03:27 AM   #7
Suspect

Liked: 60 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooburii View Post
The manga and anime were pretty good for a while, but once they got to the byakuran arc it started going downhill imo.
Had potential for sure, but it just got rushed after a while. Last arc especially.
Old 06-16-2013 at 03:39 AM   #8
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspect View Post
Had potential for sure, but it just got rushed after a while. Last arc especially.
I never got that far once the rings stared including animal companions I completely lost interest. Shame, because the first 40 episodes or so were really funny. Her character design was also very distinct. I especially liked the Varia.
Old 06-16-2013 at 11:31 AM   #9
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

I think most ppl hated the anime more because of how long it took to produce, the fillers, the cliffhangers of each episode with little progress. I still know people who read Naruto and alot of other main ones
Old 06-19-2013 at 09:16 PM   #10
Neechka

Liked: 1 Time

I like the story somewhat, but I feel as though they're seriously dragging it out. It just got dull for me overtime and now I don't really care for the characters. I mean, I got into the show/manga 11 years ago and I've really lost my passion for it even though I heard it got better. Perhaps if it made up for it's faults, I would still love it, but I've moved onto other shows.
and personally I don't have anything against people who watch Naruto. The only types I dislike are those who've only ever seen Naruto or Bleach and call themselves otaku.
Old 06-24-2013 at 03:27 PM   #11
BamPow

Liked: 1 Time

I used to love Naruto then the Naruto and Sasuke thing became sooooo annoying ok. Naruto is always: "Sasukeeeee you're my bestest friend everrr don't leave meee QQ *dramatic cry and sniffle*"
Old 06-24-2013 at 05:42 PM   #12
hilton

Liked: 42 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamPow View Post
I used to love Naruto then the Naruto and Sasuke thing became sooooo annoying ok. Naruto is always: "Sasukeeeee you're my bestest friend everrr don't leave meee QQ *dramatic cry and sniffle*"

this is extremely related.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP5lz2CYNR4
Old 07-02-2013 at 11:33 PM   #13
chaosdum

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanandthera View Post
I personally grew up with Naruto, so I love the series. However, I personally don't like mainstream manga because they are way too dragged out and the quality of the story goes down. The most notable example I'd say is Bleach, I totally hate the manga and at some point, I thought it was awesome, but the guy is freak'n milking it out too much. >< RAGE!!!!!
it sucks to hear this, I'd say Bleach is one of my favs. I especially like the final/current arc, although I have to admit it is progressing a bit slowly. I've heard that bleach was supposed to end after the fullbring arc but I'm Kubo's finishing it off in style!
Old 07-03-2013 at 12:40 AM   #14
redstarr37

Liked: 9 Times

First I'd like to say I love Naruto and still watch it even now. Not a hardcore otaku, but I do like my anime.

I'd say the real problem with Naruto, especially the anime, is it's length. Because of this some of the arcs tend to drag on. Often times themes are just repeated way too often and way too many flashbacks and exposition.

Personally the biggest issue I have are the fillers. Many times they're just rehashing old arcs. (SPOILER!!!) Especially now with the war and characters being brought back. They've been defeated before and should prove no challenge now. And exploring their backstory more is unnecessary. You don't always have to know everything that happened. It takes aways from the experience.

With that said, you really have to read between the lines and look pass through all the fluff. I like the story at its core, but they're milking it as much as they so it suffers from some real pacing issues.
Old 07-03-2013 at 01:27 AM   #15
allanandthera

Liked: 33 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosdum View Post
it sucks to hear this, I'd say Bleach is one of my favs. I especially like the final/current arc, although I have to admit it is progressing a bit slowly. I've heard that bleach was supposed to end after the fullbring arc but I'm Kubo's finishing it off in style!
Not too sure how it picks up, I stopped at the dollhouse Arc, so it's final that the current arc is the last? if so I might pick it up again just to kill my curiosity!