MacInsiders Logo
Old 09-10-2013 at 10:11 AM  
BenDover
Account Locked

Liked: 64 Times

Manism?
So i see it all the time, feminist activists fighting for "equal rights".. if you can call it that.
Women for the most part make off like fiends when it comes to divorce settlements, child support, etc. One of my biggest pet peeves is having to hear a feminist ask me why there isnt a larger female representation in the engineering, corporate businesses, and so on. Men dont dictate what programs women choose to apply for, so why do they always throw that in our faces and say that they are not accepted in these fields of work?
I could continue to go on, but i guess the question im trying to get across here is, why is there no counterpart to feminism to basically shut up the feminist activists who in my honest opinion, are greedy and have flawed points. Im all for equality between genders, i just dont think that feminists have a fair interpretation of what equality is.
Old 09-10-2013 at 10:23 AM   #1
Yogurt

Liked: 237 Times

Because historically, and even presently, women have been treated as inferiors to men. Women still face issues in society and in the workplace that men don't.

I admit, I hate the arrogant, stubborn, hardcore feminists as much as you do, but don't pretend that they've always gotten along just fine and dandy.

Old 09-10-2013 at 10:56 AM   #2
MrPlinkett
Account Locked

Liked: 201 Times

Why there's no masculism?

Because real men don't whine about world being unfair.

BenDover says thanks to MrPlinkett for this post.

BenDover, R_jeena like this.
Old 09-10-2013 at 12:06 PM   #3
BenDover
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogurt View Post
Because historically, and even presently, women have been treated as inferiors to men. Women still face issues in society and in the workplace that men don't.

I admit, I hate the arrogant, stubborn, hardcore feminists as much as you do, but don't pretend that they've always gotten along just fine and dandy.
Oh i know in the past women were beneath men, i just think that in todays society, men could find just as many areas in which being a woman is advantageous as women find advantages for being men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPlinkett View Post
Why there's no masculism?

Because real men don't whine about world being unfair.
Couldnt agree more! I was basically trying to convey that the concept of "feminism" in my opinion is hypocritcal. Feminists want equality, so they create a group that seperates them completely from the men.
Old 09-10-2013 at 12:31 PM   #4
MrPlinkett
Account Locked

Liked: 201 Times

You know, if a guy pisses me off, I smack him.

If a woman pisses me off, and I smack her, it's abuse.

Equality!

Quote:
Couldnt agree more! I was basically trying to convey that the concept of "feminism" in my opinion is hypocritcal. Feminists want equality, so they create a group that seperates them completely from the men.
I believe they did, that's why many hardcore feminists are lesbians.
Old 09-10-2013 at 01:41 PM   #5
BenDover
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPlinkett View Post
You know, if a guy pisses me off, I smack him.

If a woman pisses me off, and I smack her, it's abuse.

Equality!

I believe they did, that's why many hardcore feminists are lesbians.
But dont think that a woman would ever hesitate to smack a man!

Do i think its right for a guy to hit a girl? No.
Do women think twice about hitting a guy? See answer one.

You may have made me laugh to the point of disturbing my coworkers with that equality joke Plinkett, nicely done!
Old 09-10-2013 at 02:00 PM   #6
adaptation
Elite Member

Liked: 305 Times

ITT: Sweeping all encompassing generalizations.
Old 09-10-2013 at 04:15 PM   #7
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 526 Times

Manism is only really seen in job markets where females are dominant (example nurses)
Old 09-10-2013 at 05:27 PM   #8
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

*gets a woman to make him a bag of popcorn*