MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Maple+Maple Sim Leeoku Computers & Tech 1 09-03-2010 08:27 PM
Where to use Maple CivEng First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 09-23-2009 05:44 PM
Possible to use Maple without buying it? Rail24 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 09-22-2009 08:18 PM
Help! Maple Lab Manual! RoyK First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 09-20-2008 06:03 PM
Maple- for ENG Bobby66 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 26 09-18-2008 12:58 PM

Maple 14 Disc

Old 09-22-2010 at 11:17 AM   #1
ryanbadgley
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 0 Times

Maple 14 Disc
So I opened my Maple package that came with my textbooks last night, and when i went to install maple, well the disc just wouldn't work at all. I took it out and looked at the backside of it, and there is a huge blob underneath the plastic where it looks like it has been either melted, or maybe some oil or something got in there before the final layer of plastic was put on. Needless to say, the disc is toast. Now my question is, would I be able to just take it back to Titles and say "hey can I get a new disc", or would i have to get a whole new package of books? I was creeping the maplesoft website, and from what i can tell, the school buys x number of discs w/ codes, and the packages them altogether with the respective textbooks. I find it unlikely that they would have unpacked discs jsut floating around. Its not like i need a new package, I mean, i haven't used the code yet so it should be fine, its just my particular copy of the disc is nuked. Anyone else have this problem?

edit: if I can get access to maple 13, would that suffice for my class? I'm a first year engineer and the class I need it for is calculus.

Last edited by ryanbadgley : 09-22-2010 at 11:22 AM.
Old 09-22-2010 at 11:47 AM   #2
stevennn
Pro Lurker.

Liked: 19 Times

Since you have have your product key, you can just use someone else's CD with your own key to install it and you should be fine. You don't need the disc after that.

Old 09-23-2010 at 06:15 PM   #3
ryanbadgley
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 0 Times

sweet, anyone living in Whidden Hall wanna lend me their cd? I'll give it right back, i promise