MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Review Review Starter Category Comments Last Post
Eat till you’re green: St. Patty's Day Pancake Breakfast rrtt MacInsiders Announcements 1 03-15-2010 08:43 AM
McMaster Biology Society Pancake Breakfast anusingh88 MacInsiders Announcements 28 01-27-2010 07:08 PM
Toronto Maple Leaf Tickets -- Dec.21/09 ahmedsu General Discussion 15 12-07-2009 02:13 AM
Pancake/Waffle Breakfast anusingh88 MacInsiders Announcements 12 11-19-2009 07:44 AM

Maple Leaf Pancake House

Maple Leaf Pancake House
Published by Chad
06-12-2008
Published by
MacInsiders Founder/Admin

Author review
Quality Of Food
90%90%90%
Prices
30%30%30%
Atmosphere
50%50%50%
Service
60%60%60%
Overall Experience
70%70%70%
Average 60%
Maple Leaf Pancake House

The Pancake House

Located just down the street from McMaster, the Pancake house is a great place to grab breakfast if you're needing to take a break from commons or MUSC food.

While the food is very good, and their pancakes are definitely really good, their prices are a little bit high if you expect to eat there on a regular basis. However, when compared with prices in the Student Centre they aren't far off! Be sure to stop by and treat yourself to some yummy pancakes and give Pancake House a try!

The Maple Leaf Pancake House is owned by the same people that run Tally Ho which is next door.

For more affordable breakfast you can try Quarters located on campus.

Address:
1520 Main Street West
Hamilton, ON L8S 1E3
(905) 522-4995

Sample of menu:
  • 2 pancakes, 2 bacon, 2 link sausage, 1 egg - $6.55
  • 3 pancakes - $4.95
  • 3 pancakes, 3 back bacon - $6.95
  • 3 pancakes, 2 egg - $5.95
  • 3 texas style french toast, 2 back bacon, 2 link sausage, 1 egg - $6.75
Deleted Post
Edit/Delete Message
Click here to add your own review for Maple Leaf Pancake House!

Old 06-16-2008 at 12:54 PM   #2
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff
Program: English and Classics
Year: Third
Residence: Edwards

Liked: 23 Times
I can't say that I'm a fan of the Pancake House. I've been there 3 or 4 times now and each time it was packed and the wait was outrageous. The staff are over worked and the last time I was there a man, whom I believe is the son of the owner, started screaming at the kitchen staff. It wasn't a pleasant environment.

For the amount of food given I do not think that the prices are reasonable. For a good quick breakfast I suggest Quarters over the Pancake House any day.

Deleted Post Deleted Post
Old 06-17-2008 at 02:15 PM   #3
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff
Program: Communication Studies & Multimedia
Year: Alumni

Liked: 1,730 Times
I agree Quarters is cheaper, but they don't have yummy pancakes on the menu :(
Old 06-18-2008 at 09:24 AM   #4
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff
Program: English and Classics
Residence: Edwards

Liked: 23 Times
This is true, but French Toast! Mmm french toast...

Old 10-13-2008 at 12:19 AM   #5
opensky
Program: Psychology, Neuroscience & Behaviour
Year: Other
Residence: Off-Campus

Liked: 2 Times
The food at The Pancake House is definitely very good, but make sure you have plently of time free before you go there. Everytime I go, it takes a long time to be served and for the food to come. Even when the place is practically empty, there's still a long wait. But this place feels old school/old-fashioned in that the emphasis is on the experience and having conversation while you wait, rather than McDonalds where you're in and out quickly.

I think the restaurant is a nice change of pace from campus food, it's absolutely delicious, and I would recommend you try it at least once.
Old 06-02-2012 at 12:46 PM   #6
lt93
Program: Life Science

Liked: 69 Times
You can't go wrong with the pancake house the morning after a night out! I've never had to wait too long for a seat and I'm always with 6 or more people! The only time my friends had to wait a long time was after St. Patrick's day. The food is great, just your usual breakfast and it's cheap! I had their pancakes once and I didn't really enjoy them but the Maple Leaf Special #4 is key.

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search