MacInsiders Logo
Old 01-19-2010 at 02:15 PM   #1
ShouldBeStudying
Elite Member

Liked: 357 Times

Mass Effect 2
Anybody else totally psyched for this game? It's coming out Jan.28...personally I think it's going to be the only game that'll make me forget about Starcraft 2 until it comes out...
Old 01-19-2010 at 03:06 PM   #2
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

never heard of it
Old 01-19-2010 at 03:13 PM   #3
stevennevets

Liked: 36 Times

amazingly excited. it looks incredible! although I need to get mass effect 1 and play that first...
Old 01-19-2010 at 03:32 PM   #4
RockerSocker
Account Locked

Liked: 90 Times

Looks terrible, they've taken out so much stuff, and if the first game is any indication, this game will suck like it did.
Apparently there is little to no inventory in the game, and there are almost no weapons, one reviewer said he beat the game using only 3 weapons, talk about boring and simplified. Also the main storyline is supposed to be disappointing, and the mining and hacking is also supposed to be terrible.

Last edited by RockerSocker : 01-19-2010 at 03:36 PM.
Old 01-19-2010 at 03:33 PM   #5
Ender

Liked: 30 Times

I was just reading Kotaku about this game. The game has a single-use unlock code discouraging used game sales. http://kotaku.com/5452099/mass-effec...nal-purchasers

For now it just prevents the used copy buyer from using the Cerberus Network for daily new on DLC and other stuff not too important but where will it stop. Pretty soon you will see in-game items locked etc and people will have to purchase it as DLC.

I hate this whole DLC trend...

Anyways I've never played Mass Effect 1 but I've heard great things about it. I think I'll save up for Splinter Cell and Bioshock 2 instead
Old 01-19-2010 at 03:52 PM   #6
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender View Post
I was just reading Kotaku about this game. The game has a single-use unlock code discouraging used game sales. http://kotaku.com/5452099/mass-effec...nal-purchasers

For now it just prevents the used copy buyer from using the Cerberus Network for daily new on DLC and other stuff not too important but where will it stop. Pretty soon you will see in-game items locked etc and people will have to purchase it as DLC.

I hate this whole DLC trend...

Anyways I've never played Mass Effect 1 but I've heard great things about it. I think I'll save up for Splinter Cell and Bioshock 2 instead
I remember when this generation started and we were all excited about the promise of DLC. The reality of DLC is basically gamers paying for things that would've been free last gen and devs releasing broken/unfinished games with the promise of finishing/fixing them via DLC. Now it looks like DLC is being used to screw over people who don't buy a brand new copy of a game... hooray for innovation.
Old 01-19-2010 at 03:56 PM   #7
Deegs14
Cogito, ergo sum

Liked: 156 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReDorkulateD View Post
Anybody else totally psyched for this game? It's coming out Jan.28...personally I think it's going to be the only game that'll make me forget about Starcraft 2 until it comes out...
Its coming out Jan. 26, by the by.
Old 01-19-2010 at 04:34 PM   #8
ShouldBeStudying
Elite Member

to neone who hasnt seen the trailer, and yah it is on the 26th but i just realized i have so many midterms i wont be able to actually play it until feb2!...i wonder if starcraft 2 will be out by then...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMSaa...eal_rn-1r-4-HM

Last edited by ShouldBeStudying : 01-19-2010 at 04:35 PM. Reason: site didnt show up
Old 01-19-2010 at 05:12 PM   #9
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReDorkulateD View Post
i wonder if starcraft 2 will be out by then...
Maybe Feb 2nd of 2013...

(Not that I'm complaining about Blizzard taking a while with their games, its better to wait until its perfected and have a bit of a delay.
Old 01-19-2010 at 06:10 PM   #10
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

Yeah, seriously, I highly doubt SC2 will be out before Christmas time of this year.
Old 01-19-2010 at 06:15 PM   #11
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

How could I not be, sex in a video game?? It's like my utopia. Yay desensitization!

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 01-19-2010 at 09:02 PM   #12
ShouldBeStudying
Elite Member

lol i heard they barely show anything in the scene, like that sex scene in avatar