Master Course Timetable down?? DMe3 Academics 2 06-26-2010 09:31 AM
Master Timetable Down?? hellohello Academics 16 06-15-2010 11:11 AM
U of T master timetable??!! queenie Academics 8 03-29-2010 10:54 PM

Master Timetable and Mac email

Old 06-28-2011 at 07:08 PM   #1
kanvi_v30

Liked: 7 Times

Master Timetable and Mac email
I didn't use the master timetable before I registered for my courses, on SOLAR I clicked on the verify changes and check for conflicts button and it said passed beside the courses so does that mean I'm good for now?

I don't pick the cores, lectures or tutorials now right? When I selected Science 1A00 I had to pick the core, there was only one available, is that supposed to happen?

After I select my courses, am I supposed to get a confirmation letter on my email or Mac email? I also can't get on my Mac email, how can I get on?
Old 06-28-2011 at 07:30 PM   #2
SloaneT91

Liked: 3 Times

From what I understand the "verify and check" when doing course selections only checks to make sure that you've got the pre-reqs that are required in order to register for that class. Or, it checks to make sure you're not taking a cross-listed course (for a random example you can only take either 1A03 or 1B03, but not both). I've gotten conflicts on my timetable when it has been released and it's something you've got to work out. If you find that you've got conflicts once the timetables are released then you can usually switch a core if it's available or switch into another class I guess.
As for the confirmation, the screen that comes up once you've picked and verified your courses tells you to "print the page off" - I usually just print screen it and save it for reference.

In response to your mac-email - make sure you've registered and activated your mac account/registration which I'm assuming you did because you've picked your courses. If you're trying to log in and it's not working, make sure you're using the "muss.cis.mcmaster.ca " part. Sometimes I can't log in without that. If I remember correctly, you use your mac registration password as your email password, but I might be wrong. If that doesn't work, call and maybe they can tell you something that you're missing.

Anyway, I hope my ramble helped!
Good luck!!

TriWin says thanks to SloaneT91 for this post.
Old 06-28-2011 at 07:33 PM   #3
particle
Elite Member

Liked: 30 Times

In regard to the mac email, you can use the default mail client: https://muss.cis.mcmaster.ca/

You can also setup something like Thunderbird to get all your mail for you. Useful since the above has a very small limit for saved messaged. You can also forward mac email to gmail.
Old 06-28-2011 at 08:35 PM   #4
adaptation
Elite Member

Liked: 305 Times

Whenever i try to login to the mac email it says

"This account has been moved to a remote system"

What's up with that?
Old 06-28-2011 at 08:42 PM   #5
MichaelScarn
Elite Member

Liked: 161 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaptation View Post
Whenever i try to login to the mac email it says

"This account has been moved to a remote system"

What's up with that?
Are you writing your username as [email protected]? Because I think you're just supposed to write it as everything before the "@mcmaster.ca"
Old 06-28-2011 at 09:15 PM   #6
justinsftw
Elite Member

Liked: 342 Times

You're supposed to login the e-mail the same way as you log into MUGSI and Avenue2Learn.

Username: MacID (lastnamefirstinitial numberifnotspecificen ough)
Password: Password

EDIT: NVM. That's what Bernard meant.
Old 06-28-2011 at 09:16 PM   #7
kanvi_v30

Liked: 7 Times

I can't access my Mac email, I'm putting my Mac ID and my password for the Mac ID
Old 06-28-2011 at 09:23 PM   #8
AnguishedEnd
Elite Member

Liked: 103 Times

Have you confirmed your payment agreement? If you have already maybe they just haven't activated it for incoming students. Its still kind of early plus its not that important to have the email right now anyways. The confirmation of enrollment for courses and such will be mailed to you.
Old 06-28-2011 at 09:31 PM   #9
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

You can also see the courses you're registered in on degree audit and the program/course summary in MUGSI.
Old 06-29-2011 at 02:02 AM   #10
Xenos

Liked: 3 Times

You need to have Activated your MAC ID services (not the same as activating your MAC ID!)

To activate MAC ID services, you need to wait 24 hours after registering on SOLAR, and then you go into MUGSI > My MUGSI > Quick Links > Enable your MAC ID Services

Then you can go to https://muss.cis.mcmaster.ca/ to log in

Also your email account won't receive messages from other servers (e.g., Gmail) immediately, this apparently takes a while too (48 hours?)

Last edited by Xenos : 06-29-2011 at 02:05 AM.