MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Master Course Timetable down?? DMe3 Academics 2 06-26-2010 09:31 AM
Master Timetable Down?? hellohello Academics 16 06-15-2010 11:11 AM
U of T master timetable??!! queenie Academics 8 03-29-2010 10:54 PM
Master Course Timetable Available! lorend Academics 45 08-07-2008 02:47 PM

Master University List (what to bring & more!)

Old 07-29-2008 at 05:17 PM   #16
shleyaa

Liked: 8 Times

i know, it really is! and it also makes me look even more forward to moving inn... a little over a month to go!

Old 07-29-2008 at 06:40 PM   #17
sheri

Liked: 0 Times

why is the stuffed animal collection on the 'Items not to bring' list? I was think I'll be needing them to get over my homesickness
Old 07-29-2008 at 06:49 PM   #18
Cippi

Liked: 1 Time

Bringing a few stuffed animals is fine; it definitely makes your room feel more like home. Further up in the list it says "Only bring one or two stuffed animals, not your entire collection." - that's the more pertinent point. Bringing like 20 stuffed animals isn't smart because you don't have all that much storage space in your room...plus, your roommate might think it's a little creepy :p
Old 08-09-2008 at 03:40 PM   #19
lilpups

omg.. dis helped a lott..... looong list but veryyy very helpful..
an yee.. i was worried about da stuffed animal collection .. bu u made it clear..
=D
Can't wait to move in!!!!
Old 08-09-2008 at 11:52 PM   #20
aya017

Liked: 22 Times

wooo ashley LOL
that was loooong. hahah, and i kinda drifted away after a bit lol. but im not going to res anyway.

OOOOO always always bring a food stash. and water stash. and maybe coffee too.
Old 08-10-2008 at 08:38 AM   #21
KaylaMarie

Liked: 3 Times

I drink a TON of water...so I've been trying to figure out the cheapest way for me to drink the most water possible lol. My dad suggested buying one of those mini sized water coolers where you fill up the water in the big bottle, it filters it for you, and keeps it cool too. Would we be allowed to have one of those in res? I noticed that many of the places to buy food only sell Dasani, and that's not going to work for me haha. Also, I don't want to have to buy water all the time, but I am picky about tap water as well. Thanks!
Old 08-10-2008 at 08:51 AM   #22
dragonfly

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaMarie View Post
I drink a TON of water...so I've been trying to figure out the cheapest way for me to drink the most water possible lol. My dad suggested buying one of those mini sized water coolers where you fill up the water in the big bottle, it filters it for you, and keeps it cool too. Would we be allowed to have one of those in res? I noticed that many of the places to buy food only sell Dasani, and that's not going to work for me haha. Also, I don't want to have to buy water all the time, but I am picky about tap water as well. Thanks!
I've seen it suggested here to bring a Brita water filter, and then fill it with tap water an put it in the fridge. Perhaps that would work for you.
Old 08-10-2008 at 10:19 AM   #23
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

Regardless of if you bring a lot of water or not...buying drinks on campus eats up your meal plan money.

A Brita filter is a good way to have a lot of water handy, and it is also inexpensive.

KaylaMarie...the water filter/cooler you're mentioning may take up a lot of space. So I would wait until after you move in to get one, just to make sure you have the space for it. But from what I understand, they are permitted.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 08-10-2008 at 10:30 AM   #24
lilpups

ooh i`m gonna ask a stupid q`n but ...
parents are allowed to come wit us on the first day right? i mean when we move in..
will there be available parking an all.. to help us bring the stuff... ?
:$
Old 08-10-2008 at 11:33 AM   #25
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Yes, parents are allowed (and welcome) to come.

Once your car has been unloaded (by upper year reps) they will be directed to another area to park.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 08-10-2008 at 02:33 PM   #26
shleyaa

once our parents are directed to that other parking area, do they just walk back to our res to try and find us? what if they get lost? LOL

Old 08-10-2008 at 02:50 PM   #27
Cippi

Liked: 1 Time

Yep, pretty much. I will concede, the move-in parking area for the North Quad residences is pretty much the entire way across campus, so it will be a bit of a trek back for them. But I wouldn't worry about getting lost, there will be literally hundreds of student reps all over campus to point them in the right direction!
Old 08-10-2008 at 10:14 PM   #28
Eva C
Elite Member

Liked: 3 Times

the best thing to do is to give the driver for you a map of the campus and definately the room number and hall of your residence. with that, they are definately safe! lots of reps around to ask for directions. and just meet them up in your room or if not, you can meet them in the lobby of your residence and bring them up
Old 08-10-2008 at 10:22 PM   #29
shleyaa

sounds good! aand i have another question: how long are parents allowed to stay on the campus? i know there are welcome week events going on at the time...are siblings/cousins allowed to attend them with me for that day, or is everything strictly just for first years?

Old 08-10-2008 at 10:33 PM   #30
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

A lot of the events are MacPass only events, so it would be hard for them to participate.

Aaand you should be focusing on getting to know people!!