MacInsiders Logo

Materials And Science Engineering Level II

Old 05-27-2011 at 02:17 PM   #1
Ish001

Liked: 26 Times

Materials And Science Engineering Level II
Hey guys,
I'm hoping to get accepted into the MSE program. I found a breakdown of level 2 courses on the website and I was wondering if any materials kids or anyone who took these courses could share some light into what these courses are like? I'm already considering taking the two Maths in the summer b'c I'm not that great in Math.

Level II: 38 units
5 units CHEM 1AA3, 2WW2
4 units CHEM ENG 2A04
7 units ENGINEER 2MM3, 2P04
13 units MATLS 2B03, 2D03, 2H04, 2X03
6 units MATH 2Z03, 2ZZ3
3 units approved complementary studies electives

Thanks a lot!
-Ish

P.S I already read the course outlines I found on MI
http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea...2.html?t=28562
Old 05-27-2011 at 02:25 PM   #2
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish001 View Post
7 units ENGINEER 2MM3
6 units MATH 2Z03, 2ZZ3
Math - GL, just pray cause doing textbook questions won't help.

2MM3 should be a piece of cake from the stuff ive seen about it compared to what we learn in ECE, just remember to practice alot of questions.

Ish001 says thanks to blackdragon for this post.
Old 05-27-2011 at 03:26 PM   #3
micadjems
Awesome Member

Liked: 382 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish001 View Post
Hey guys,
I'm hoping to get accepted into the MSE program. I found a breakdown of level 2 courses on the website and I was wondering if any materials kids or anyone who took these courses could share some light into what these courses are like? I'm already considering taking the two Maths in the summer b'c I'm not that great in Math.

Level II: 38 units
5 units CHEM 1AA3, 2WW2
4 units CHEM ENG 2A04
7 units ENGINEER 2MM3, 2P04
13 units MATLS 2B03, 2D03, 2H04, 2X03
6 units MATH 2Z03, 2ZZ3
3 units approved complementary studies electives
It's been a while, and I think I used to write course reviews so you may have already heard my opinion, but here goes nothing!

Chem 1AA3: Sucks balls. Like 1st year chem, pretty much. I did it in 3rd year so it was EXTREMELY tedious. I hated it, but I do know others that were more interested.... just lots of memorizing

Chem 2WW2: Again, memorizing. Not worth as much (see the last "2"), but still tedious as I recall, and I don't remember much from that class, ie. useless

Chem Eng 2A04: Heat transfer? if not fluids. But im pretty sure its heat transfer. You have to keep up on problem sets but i found it enjoyable and interesting. real life type problems.

ENGINEER 2MM3: is this the circuits? that was so balls. no reason to take it. only reason I passed: friend in tron who also took it.

Eng 2P04 : I think this was the civil one. I found it really hard (happy i didnt do civil!) but mostly based on keeping up on problem sets, knowing how to do about 10 different kinds of questions by the end

MATLS 2B03, 2D03: Thermo and stuff.... basis of what you'll take for granted in later years but fairly killer when you just start into it. Manageable though (assuming you dont have Gu Xu saying YOU WILL FAIL half the class and Dmitri giving tests where the average is 20% like me!).

MATLS 2H04: Lab course. Easy! at least when I took it. Hope you get a good group TAs are always really nice though. except this one I had, but I think shes gone now.

MATLS 2X03: Crystallography. Memorization, but easy in comparison to chem! Enjoyable, but can get tedious because some stuff is so easy.

MATH 2Z03, 2ZZ3: FAK. Well it used to be 2M06 and lots of people failed that. In my year it JUST got split - lucky me! I got a 1 in the first part and 6 in the second, usually the second part saves peoples' butts, but not sure how it's changed.

Hope that helps ^^

Ish001 says thanks to micadjems for this post.

RyanC likes this.