MacInsiders Logo

Math 1AA3 Mark Distribution

Old 04-26-2009 at 05:02 AM   #1
JMAA

Liked: 0 Times

Math 1AA3 Mark Distribution
Hey i have a quick question about the mark distribution in the Math 1AA3 course. I know in Math 1A03 the final exam counted for 100% of your mark if it was higher than your midterm marks.. but i was just wondering if the same rule applies for Math 1AA3 this term?

Thanks
Old 04-26-2009 at 09:10 AM   #2
raine

Liked: 1 Time

I didn't hear it from the professors but Colin said that if your exam mark's higher, they'll count it as 100%. So yes, it'll be like Math 1A03.
Old 04-26-2009 at 09:16 AM   #3
FireDragoonX
Elite Member

Liked: 142 Times

that is not what colin said. He said that the exam would get more weight but not 100% and the other parts, such as the tests would get less weight.
I have confirmed this was professor Nicas. He did not give me exact numbers though.
Old 04-26-2009 at 01:08 PM   #4
raine

Liked: 1 Time

If you confirmed it with one of the profs, then it is most likely to be more accurate. But I'm sure Colin said that they'll count the exam as 100% if it is higher and I heard it from the first exam review session they held after all the classes are done. But either way, I don't think it matters so much.
Old 04-26-2009 at 01:29 PM   #5
FireDragoonX
Elite Member

Liked: 142 Times

I was at the review too.
He specifically said it was NOT going to be 100% like it was in math 1a03