MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Math 1aa3 profs ? ruby101 Academics 6 08-11-2010 12:35 PM
math 1aa3... profs strawbrryjam First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 0 08-11-2010 12:19 PM
profs chem 1AA3 Chevalier Academics 6 07-09-2010 12:05 AM
profs math 1a03 Chevalier Academics 1 07-08-2010 08:33 PM

Math 1AA3 Profs

Old 12-10-2009 at 08:53 PM   #1
AnthraX

Liked: 23 Times

Math 1AA3 Profs
There are three professors (Dr. Lozinski, Caudros and Krepski) teaching Math 1AA3 next term. Reading through the reviews I found out information about Lozinski and Caudros but couldn't find anything about Krepski. Anyone who had prof. Krepski can you please explain his teaching style and was he successful or not in comparison to other profs?
Please feel free to comment on other profs as well.
Old 12-10-2009 at 09:45 PM   #2
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

Krepski is AWESOME. He's funny, his teaching is fine (hard to compare to other profs since I didn't have them), but I never had a problem with anything he taught.

If you have Krepski, I wouldn't see a reason to change it. I think most people like him.

EDIT: And teaching style...he'll explain a certain problem to consider (i.e., a motivating example) for a technique he teaches...then does a couple of examples of that technique. So standard, but effective.
Old 12-10-2009 at 11:56 PM   #3
pinkpiggydoe

Liked: 14 Times

sometimes, i think its better to be in the class of the coordinator cuz they're the one that writes the exam and sometimes emphasizes certain things and give hints but i had caudros last year and i liked him a lot, his writing was pretty neat and he tries to make some jokes and u laugh because hes laughing at his own jokes so its not a bad class =)
Old 12-11-2009 at 12:00 AM   #4
Pay919

Liked: 57 Times

I had Cuadros last year too, and he did a good job teaching for the most part. The only part of the course he didn't teach too well was the portion on power series. However, you can youtube power series and get some really good tutorials. Actually, you can learn the entire 1AA3 course on youtube. All the info is there if you search for the specific topics.
Old 12-13-2009 at 12:07 PM   #5
AnthraX

Liked: 23 Times

hey thanks for the replies! but I'm still confused as to who I should have next term... It's all mixed up but I see that most people have negative feedback about Caudros. Lozinski seems to be good but I need more reviews about Krepski. More comments (about any of the prof) will be much appreciated.
Old 12-13-2009 at 12:56 PM   #6
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

I'm familiar with Lozinski...he's great. (: The other two, not so much unfortunately...I've actually heard Cuadros was helpful, but I don't know first hand.

In any case, hopefully not too far off topic, it's still unofficial, but I'm pretty sure I'll be a TA for 1AA3 next term. (:
Old 12-13-2009 at 12:57 PM   #7
mellye
Elite Member

Liked: 29 Times

Lozonski's Class for 1AA3 is combined with 1XX3 (the math and stats course). I don't know if he'll treat it differently from just a 1AA3 alone...
Old 12-13-2009 at 01:00 PM   #8
Inferno

Liked: 24 Times

Any idea why the 1AA3 and 1XX3 courses are combined? Is this usual?
Old 12-13-2009 at 01:01 PM   #9
mellye
Elite Member

Liked: 29 Times

No. Apparently, there isn't 'enough' kids to host its own class... even though we fully have our own class first term for 1X03.... I don't really understand it myself, but it's just the way it is for term 2.
Old 12-13-2009 at 01:11 PM   #10
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

I would go with Lozinski. He's the course co-ordinator, he writes the exams... I had Krepski, but I use Lozinski's notes (he posts them online) and Lozinski's just have little things here and there that Krepski's dont.

Krepski is new. He's funny, he cracks jokes once in a while... I find sometimes when he's explaining a concept, he uses a VERY lengthy/wordy sentence and it doesn't really help you to understand... But other than that, he's a pretty good teacher.

I would personally go with Lozinski though, even though I've never had him.

Just as a side note: Krepski is good eye candy. Man, he's fashionable.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

manu, sinthusized like this.