Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Math 2Z03 kanishka 2nd Year Course Reviews 15 08-07-2013 10:21 AM

Math 2Z03 midterm

Old 11-16-2012 at 04:54 PM   #1
tungo89
Club G.R.O.S.S.

Liked: 46 Times

Math 2Z03 midterm
I wasn't able to make it to any of the sections of 2Z03 today. Did they talk about tomorrow's midterm at all?

I don't have a good feel for what the focus of the test will be on... Laplace seems to be harped on, but we only did 4.1/4.2...

Happy studying!
Old 11-16-2012 at 04:55 PM   #2
jon.john23
Elite Member

Liked: 130 Times

be prepared for the worst

jim1, tungo89 like this.
Old 11-16-2012 at 05:03 PM   #3
AngryBean
Account Locked

Liked: 129 Times

I heard last year the average was 50 percent. And here I am thinking 1st year materials midterms were bad.
Old 11-16-2012 at 05:31 PM   #4
Snowman
Elite Member

Liked: 180 Times

Just try your best but if you fail, don't worry too much about it since most other people do too but you will still have a good chance of passing in the end
Old 11-16-2012 at 08:41 PM   #5
Zachary

Liked: 77 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryBean View Post
I heard last year the average was 50 percent. And here I am thinking 1st year materials midterms were bad.
I have a sinking feeling that it was a tad bit lower, which is bad because I was a part of the course and I'm uncertain if I should feel proud or not for having lived through that turbulent reign of Prof. Gabardo.

Those were terrible times, and the Prof's paranoia over the assumption the engineers were pulling the wool over his eyes and cheating did not help matters.

Claiming you did better than the average was something like saying you passed.

... I think I forgot what I originally wanted to say.

Last edited by Zachary : 11-16-2012 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Going senile.
Old 11-16-2012 at 09:42 PM   #6
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

Whatever he tells you it prob won't matter. Be prepared to be flabbergasted at what you do know and what he is giving u
Old 11-16-2012 at 09:49 PM   #7
AngryBean
Account Locked

that turbulent reign of Prof. Gabardo.

He's still on the throne.

the engineers were pulling the wool over his eyes and cheating did not help matters.

What did he do?
Old 11-17-2012 at 12:19 AM   #8
Zachary

Liked: 77 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryBean View Post
that turbulent reign of Prof. Gabardo.

He's still on the throne.

the engineers were pulling the wool over his eyes and cheating did not help matters.

What did he do?
He dug his own grave. The mechanical engineers had a big midterm on the day we had the 2Z03 midterm, so he let them defer to the following Saturday. Turns out, he gave them the same midterm we had. Two days later. Yes. The same one.

So what did he decide to do? He decided that for 2ZZ3 you can't be marked correct, for even the multiple choice if you don't have justification. No justification, but you circled the correct answer? No problem, zero.

I realise I might be exaggerating a wee bit, but I am repeating what he said about the marking scheme in class. I asked him about it and he seemed put out by us and said we were conniving rascals, or something to that effect. The details escape me.

I am well aware that he still sits on his throne of bone.
Old 11-17-2012 at 02:34 AM   #9
Snowman
Elite Member

Liked: 180 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachary View Post
He dug his own grave. The mechanical engineers had a big midterm on the day we had the 2Z03 midterm, so he let them defer to the following Saturday. Turns out, he gave them the same midterm we had. Two days later. Yes. The same one.

So what did he decide to do? He decided that for 2ZZ3 you can't be marked correct, for even the multiple choice if you don't have justification. No justification, but you circled the correct answer? No problem, zero.

I realise I might be exaggerating a wee bit, but I am repeating what he said about the marking scheme in class. I asked him about it and he seemed put out by us and said we were conniving rascals, or something to that effect. The details escape me.

I am well aware that he still sits on his throne of bone.
No this sounds about right. Also, I heard a couple years ago a bunch of engineers started a petition to make the class easier so it is marked like a normal class instead of belling it 30% each year. He didn't like that
Old 11-17-2012 at 10:26 AM   #10
AngryBean
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
No this sounds about right. Also, I heard a couple years ago a bunch of engineers started a petition to make the class easier so it is marked like a normal class instead of belling it 30% each year. He didn't like that
Probably because the course is in fact doable. If you either just study from the book, or go to a different prof.