MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Math Tutor Needed bubblegum3 Academics 0 04-16-2011 08:33 PM
Math 2ZZ3 Tutor needed nikJ Academics 5 03-02-2011 10:29 PM
Math 1zc3 tutor paras Academics 7 01-15-2011 08:56 PM
Need a math tutor? Need help with Math 1M03 or 1K03? Im your guy :D ShahrukhKhan Academics 4 08-19-2010 08:31 AM

Math Tutor

Old 11-20-2011 at 04:13 PM   #1
Fantastik

Liked: 0 Times

Math Tutor
My math exam is now worth 90% because i screwed up my tests so bad that, this is the only way i can stil get a decent mark. With that being said, I am in need of a very good tutor for the exam. Does anyone know a good math tutor, that they can recommed for math 1f03. Please am in serious need of a good tutor!
Old 11-20-2011 at 05:14 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantastik View Post
My math exam is now worth 90% because i screwed up my tests so bad that, this is the only way i can stil get a decent mark. With that being said, I am in need of a very good tutor for the exam. Does anyone know a good math tutor, that they can recommed for math 1f03. Please am in serious need of a good tutor!
There are tutors listed on the Math website: http://www.math.mcmaster.ca/courses/tutors.php
Old 11-20-2011 at 05:32 PM   #3
Fantastik

Thanks, I saw that list, However, it doesnt tell me good tutors and bad tutors, I am not trying to end up with a crappy tutor. I need a really good one!
Old 11-20-2011 at 07:10 PM   #4
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Try going to the Math Help Centre for once (assuming you never went) and try them out first before spending extra dough.
Old 11-20-2011 at 07:56 PM   #5
Faer
Elite Member

Liked: 338 Times

There are some really good ones this year round, they're really helpful! It's open 2.30 to 8.30 everyday except weekends (and Friday, till 6.30pm).

I'm going to assume you want individual help, and though you can't have a TA sitting with you for several hours, whenever you have a question, they do help. Plus, it's free! Best service ever, IMO.
Old 11-20-2011 at 08:19 PM   #6
Fantastik

i went there once, any I didnt find it helpful, maybe it was jus the guy i got :(
Old 11-20-2011 at 08:41 PM   #7
Snowman
Elite Member

Liked: 180 Times

I went to the math help center about twice a week, as long as you you go between classes (lets say, if you had a 2 hour break) then there arent many people and ive been one on one with a TA the entire time ive been there before. very helpful too
Old 01-23-2012 at 05:55 PM   #8
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Liked: 106 Times

On topic question, sorry to bring this thread up again. Would the math help centre help me with Math from Athabasca Uni?

I failed course at Mac and making it up through Athabasca, would they still be ok to help? I really need a tutor
Old 01-23-2012 at 06:06 PM   #9
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crzyrio View Post
On topic question, sorry to bring this thread up again. Would the math help centre help me with Math from Athabasca Uni?

I failed course at Mac and making it up through Athabasca, would they still be ok to help? I really need a tutor
If they're not busy, they can try to help you with any sort of Math (questions) really.
Old 01-23-2012 at 07:11 PM   #10
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by herBs View Post
If they're not busy, they can try to help you with any sort of Math (questions) really.
Sweet Thanks THis will make my life easier
Old 01-23-2012 at 10:03 PM   #11
Snowman
Elite Member

Quote:

as long as you know the course code and tell them what you need, they wont know the difference (likely)
Old 01-23-2012 at 10:05 PM   #12
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan H. View Post
as long as you know the course code and tell them what you need, they wont know the difference (likely)
But what if the course isn't running this semester? lol

I feel like they will understand this is to make up for a Mac course and I am still a student at Mac.
Old 01-24-2012 at 01:14 AM   #13
Snowman
Elite Member

Quote:
But what if the course isn't running this semester? lol

I feel like they will understand this is to make up for a Mac course and I am still a student at Mac.
Well each TA is designated a specific course code. one day i was there for 1zc3 and there was none there for that, so the TA read the book quickly while i did a couple more questions then he explained it too me.

its worth a shot if anything, the worst that can happen is they say no (which i doubt they would) but its in the middle of campus. you can also not specify that you are taking it online, just say that you want to better understand something you didnt get last semester after the exam
Old 01-24-2012 at 06:09 AM   #14
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Crzyrio, like I said before, if they're not busy, they would be even willing to help you with upper year Math courses. Just go there and find out for yourself and let us know how it went.
Old 01-24-2012 at 11:19 PM   #15
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Yeah, as long as you can show them something to work on (like a problem), or explain your question well, I'm sure they'll be happy to help out. Just make sure you come prepared, nothing's worse than free styling for tutors.