MacInsiders Logo
Old 05-21-2011 at 09:40 PM   #61
Rudiger

Liked: 36 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecream View Post
Not all creationists believe the world will end at a specific known date. You are obviously targeting a broader group of people on a different subject.

If you wanted to attack creationists, it would have been better to do it in response to an "evolution" claim (even if it would be a personal attack fallacy).
Icecream, here is where you responded to an innocuous comment, made an assumption, and launched off on a tangent.

Quote:
Why ? Is it because I am Muslim ?
Here is where you did it again. You're very aggressive, and you come across as a bit unbalanced; I think that's why people are reacting to you the way they are (and they aren't wrong in doing so.)

L'Étoile likes this.
Old 05-21-2011 at 09:41 PM   #62
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
So a reasonable post is "rambling " ? How is attacking the claim and not the man "rambling" ? How am I "wrong" ? Was I the person who launched personal attacks ?

The fact that you admit your posts are "logically invalid", really makes me ask the following question:

Why do some like your posts then ? Are they "illogical" ?
Don't confuse me with so many questions!

I have one for you: can Mccain Deep'n Delicious cakes be considered icecream? The moist, frozen deliciousness of their interior makes me so happy.

Mahratta likes this.
Old 05-21-2011 at 09:47 PM   #63
Icecream
Account Locked

Liked: 42 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudiger View Post
Icecream, here is where you responded to an innocuous comment, made an assumption, and launched off on a tangent.

Here is where you did it again. You're very aggressive, and you come across as a bit unbalanced; I think that's why people are reacting to you the way they are (and they aren't wrong in doing so.)
Quote:
Why ? Is it because I am Muslim ?
The quote above was directed to L'Etoile.

I wanted to know why L'Etoile had a grudge against me, so I asked her that question. She said "No" and I took that as a valid answer. I asked a question and I did not attack her in an aggressive way. In the other hand, she wanted me to "evaporate". However, I am not sure if I should take her threat seriously. Does she want me to evaporate from the forums or physically ? I do not know.

But I do have my presumptions, which I did not claim because I did not want to be aggressive to the person.

I am aggressive to the claims, not the people who claim them. (Unless threats or other unlawful claims are mad)
Old 05-21-2011 at 09:48 PM   #64
Icecream
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
Don't confuse me with so many questions!

I have one for you: can Mccain Deep'n Delicious cakes be considered icecream? The moist, frozen deliciousness of their interior makes me so happy.

I did not start a discussion about ice creams. You claimed my posts were rambling and claimed other nonsense, that I asked to be clarified.
Old 05-21-2011 at 09:49 PM   #65
Mahratta
Elite Member

Liked: 366 Times

Quote:
I did not start a discussion about ice creams. You claimed my posts were rambling and claimed other nonsense, that I asked to be clarified.
What's life like as an ice cream? I've always wanted to know what flavour an ice cream would prefer - is Neapolitan really the best of all worlds?

L'Étoile likes this.
Old 05-21-2011 at 09:54 PM   #66
Icecream
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahratta View Post
What's life like as an ice cream? I've always wanted to know what flavour an ice cream would prefer - is Neapolitan really the best of all worlds?
Why is your forum name Mahratta ? Are you of Indian descent ? Or do you just have a particular interest regarding the Maratha (spelled differently, may be different) Empire ? Or is it just all the above ?

Last edited by Icecream : 05-21-2011 at 09:56 PM.
Old 05-21-2011 at 09:58 PM   #67
Mahratta
Elite Member

Quote:
What is your forum name Mahratta ? Are you of Indian descent ? Or do you just have a particular interest regarding the Maratha (spelled differently, may be different) Empire ? Or is it just all the above ?
My forum name is the product of my own sadness - it's old Norse for "I really do wish I was an ice cream".

Old 05-21-2011 at 09:58 PM   #68
RyanC
Elite Member

Quote:
Neapolitan gives you the best of all worlds if you live in a world of 3 flavours, that is. Lack of sherbert and cookies n cream really makes me sad... i hate flavourtism :(

Afzal, Mahratta like this.
Old 05-21-2011 at 10:04 PM   #69
alh24
Elite Member

Liked: 243 Times

Quote:
Neapolitan gives you the best of all worlds if you live in a world of 3 flavours, that is. Lack of sherbert and cookies n cream really makes me sad... i hate flavourtism :(
I feel like there's a lack of mint chocolate chip in your post.

AelyaS likes this.
Old 05-21-2011
Icecream
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 05-21-2011 at 10:07 PM   #70
Mahratta
Elite Member

Man, can't all the flavours just get along? There's so much common ground! All of them are made of milk - it's the same stuff holding them together!

Also, in a humorous reversal of events, we see Ice cream's post getting flagged (it wasn't me)

alh24 likes this.
Old 05-21-2011 at 10:08 PM   #71
RyanC
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh24 View Post
I feel like there's a lack of mint chocolate chip in your post.
Its been too long since I had mint chocolate chip that I can't even remember what it tastes like. I think that aspect of my flavour preference has been rendered extinct. I'm actually not much of a fan of non-uniform textures in my icecream; I just make an exception for cookies n cream because I'm particularly fond of oreos.
Old 05-21-2011 at 10:10 PM   #72
alh24
Elite Member

Quote:
Man, can't all the flavours just get along? There's so much common ground! All of them are made of milk - it's the same stuff holding them together!

Also, in a humorous reversal of events, we see Ice cream's post getting flagged (it wasn't me)
Vegan-friendly ice cream is out of the loop, as usual.

Mahratta likes this.
Old 05-21-2011 at 10:17 PM   #73
RyanC
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh24 View Post
Vegan-friendly ice cream is out of the loop, as usual.
I don't understand why somebody would be against consuming milk, so I didn't consider that... but either way, surely there should be a vegan-friendly version of various ice cream flavours.
Old 05-21-2011 at 10:27 PM   #74
alh24
Elite Member

Quote:
I don't understand why somebody would be against consuming milk, so I didn't consider that... but either way, surely there should be a vegan-friendly version of various ice cream flavours.
I'm not against it, I'm just sticking up for vegan substitutes. Someone has to.

Poor vegan substitutes... those shelves at the grocery store are always so full. It's like in Oliver and Company, when people are taking all of the cats except Oliver.