MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Blood Clinic - January 12th, 2010 temara.brown MacInsiders Announcements 0 01-07-2010 10:44 PM
Corsair 550w on sale for 70$ (reg 115$), ends Jan 12th! kevinf Gaming 0 01-07-2010 09:19 AM
McMaster's 12th Annual Sidewalk Sale Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 06-26-2007 04:04 PM

[email protected] is coming! May 12th

Hey prospective students coming to Mac this September!

Join us at our university-wide Open House to:
  • Find out more in-depth information about your program of study.
  • See all 12 of our residences.
  • Explore our beautiful campus.
All activities are on a drop-in basis with the exception of Campus Bus Tours. Be sure to check the time of all the events to plan your day/arrival time.

If you want to join us, RSVP is highly recommended (see below).

http://future.mcmaster.ca/tours/in-p...ours/mayatmac/

anonanon987, Bug324, jim1 like this.
Published by
MacInsiders Founder/Admin

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 04-27-2012 at 01:34 PM   #2
jon.john23
Elite Member

Liked: 130 Times
Hey Chadd,

Quick q: How does one apply to be a volunteer for May at Mac?

Old 04-27-2012 at 02:04 PM   #3
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon.john23 View Post
Hey Chadd,

I always thought it was the FYEO who organized it (fye.mcmaster.ca). I couldn't find anything on their website though, so I'm starting to think that everything is organized by it's own respectful department.

If you want to give a tour of the ath/rec building for instance, you should contact the ath/rec office. If you want to give a tour of residences, then you would be contacting housing (housing.mcmaster.ca) .

Old 04-27-2012 at 02:11 PM   #4
jon.john23
Elite Member

Liked: 130 Times
darn

alrighty

Than Jhan

Old 04-27-2012 at 02:18 PM   #5
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
darn

alrighty

Than Jhan
Yeah. I would still try FYEO first... Maybe they do the campus tours... I can't remember where the campus tours were under before they moved the page to the future students section. That's the one thing I hate about the new future students page section, you have no idea what sections belong to which departments.

jon.john23 likes this.

Old 04-27-2012 at 07:17 PM   #6
kirsten..!

Liked: 26 Times
Quote:
Hey Chadd,

last year i emailed about volunteering (i emailed "student success centre" here http://studentsuccess.mcmast er.ca/contact-us.html ) and someone replied saying they would forward my email to the person who deals with all the [email protected] stuff and nobody ever got back to me. but from what ive looked into, its campus tour guides who give tours (and its a part of their job, not volunteer)

Old 04-27-2012 at 07:19 PM   #7
Awesomeness

Liked: 42 Times
when i was a WW rep a couple years ago, they asked us to volunteer. So I assume they give these positions to 2012 WW reps since they have done interviews and know they are capable/mature enough

Old 04-27-2012 at 07:24 PM   #8
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirsten..! View Post
last year i emailed about volunteering (i emailed "student success centre" here http://studentsuccess.mcmast er.ca/contact-us.html ) and someone replied saying they would forward my email to the person who deals with all the [email protected] stuff and nobody ever got back to me. but from what ive looked into, its campus tour guides who give tours (and its a part of their job, not volunteer)
Oh right, I forgot that FYEO changed their department name to the student success centre... thanks for pointing that out.

Old 04-27-2012 at 10:56 PM   #9
sinnersdrown

Liked: 89 Times
Quote:
Hey Chadd,

I actually got an email asking for volunteers from Rowena ([email protected]) who handles it but that's regarding Humanities. You could email her and ask her to direct you to the engineering rep.

Old 04-28-2012 at 01:30 AM   #10
apples12

Liked: 91 Times
Quote:
Hey Chadd,

Contact your faculty office. My faculty made a post asking for volunteers.

Old 04-28-2012 at 07:59 PM   #11
jim1
Elite Member

Liked: 360 Times
I still remember when I went to the may @ mac open house 2 years ago. It was without a doubt a very interesting event. Dr. Ken Coley gave a presentation about the faculty of engineering in ITB 137...until this day, every time I pass by that room, I remember when I was sitting there with my family. Good times.

If you are a prospective student viewing this thread, I would definitely recommend going to the event. You will get to know the campus more, meet upper year students who can answer your questions, and might meet some profs.

asad04 says thanks to jim1 for this post.

Old 04-28-2012 at 08:12 PM   #12
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times
Great question Jonathan, it's great to see you are wanting to help out! [email protected] is run by the Student Success Centre. They used to be called the First Year Experience Office (FYE or FYEO).

Since they are very busy around this time I would give them a call instead of e-mailing, you can find their contact here: http://studentsuccess.mcmast er.ca/

Old 05-08-2012 at 09:07 AM   #13
Twinkle
Account Locked

Hey. So I got this email from goeng1 about a week ago offering me 3 shifts to apply for for the event. So I replied them right away, but its been a week already and I still havent got anything telling me when and where to go and what to do.

So who do I contact?

Old 05-08-2012 at 09:35 AM   #14
ricechrispy

Liked: 9 Times
try contacting them again at [email protected]

i emailed them 2 days ago and they replied to me a day later giving me a shift from 9:00-3:30. they didn't give me much detail, but said they were going to email me back with some info later in the week.

Old 05-08-2012 at 09:45 AM   #15
Twinkle
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricechrispy View Post
try contacting them again at [email protected]

i emailed them 2 days ago and they replied to me a day later giving me a shift from 9:00-3:30. they didn't give me much detail, but said they were going to email me back with some info later in the week.
Do I use my mcmaster email or my normal one?

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search