MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Free Small Fries January 27th at Burger King MacPack MacInsiders Announcements 7 01-27-2012 09:47 AM
Free Curly Fries July 13th MacPack Student Deals & Discounts 1 07-12-2011 12:44 PM
Free Coffee At McDonalds - Nov 15-28 sarahsweet MacInsiders Announcements 4 11-16-2010 04:58 PM
McDonalds - Free Coffee Till Nov 29th Chad MacInsiders Announcements 7 11-13-2009 10:22 PM
MSU Olympics - this friday Chad General Discussion 0 09-18-2007 10:30 PM

McDonalds Bans Others From Selling Fries at Olympics...

Old 07-13-2012 at 11:22 AM   #1
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

McDonalds Bans Others From Selling Fries at Olympics...
Wow. McD's forces Olympic committee to ban other food vendors from selling fries at the Olympics. Classy McDonalds. Classy. "All British favourites must be served without chips - except for fish"

What do you think of this? Going too far?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...less-FISH.html
Old 07-13-2012 at 11:38 AM   #2
arathbon
Elite Member

Liked: 307 Times

But what about curry and chips......
Old 07-13-2012 at 11:44 AM   #3
Griffindoor
Account Locked

Liked: 5 Times

I think its very well done by McDonalds. The problem is the rules in which allows McDonald's to do this. Its simply good business and that is the sole purpose of McDonald's existence.
Old 07-13-2012 at 11:47 AM   #4
arathbon
Elite Member

Liked: 307 Times

The stupid thing is chips and McDonalds fries are nothing alike. It's kinda like comparing a pan fried steak with a grilled steak. Technically the same food, but different enough that a craving for one isn't satisfied by eating the other.

ellerytc, lt93 like this.
Old 07-13-2012 at 12:06 PM   #5
Snowman
Elite Member

Liked: 180 Times

Although stupid, they can't really ban food vendors outside venues so I guess if people want fries they have to go outside. Still annoying and can't be good for their brand image either so I don't know why they are doing it
Old 07-13-2012 at 12:10 PM   #6
ellerytc

Liked: 25 Times

going too far is an understatement...

don't know why i'm so bothered by this but that's actually terrible :/
Old 07-13-2012 at 12:21 PM   #7
lt93

Liked: 69 Times

Wow this is ridiculous, all the more reason NOT to go to McDonald's. I wish people would boycott McDonald's during the Olympics omg that would be so awesome. Imagine if a blackmarket underground french fry operation started haha.

And there will probably be a french fry police LOL.
Old 07-13-2012 at 12:38 PM   #8
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Go McDonalds! They have the best fries anyways

xxsumz likes this.
Old 07-13-2012 at 12:57 PM   #9
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 160 Times

I dont blame them. they paying for rights, deal with it. So many places we go , companies have contract to only sell their product. DPCDSB( school board) only sells PEpsiCo products or at least used to due to a contract to raise funding .
Old 07-13-2012 at 01:23 PM   #10
drpatel

Liked: 70 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacPack View Post
I dont blame them. they paying for rights, deal with it. So many places we go , companies have contract to only sell their product. DPCDSB( school board) only sells PEpsiCo products or at least used to due to a contract to raise funding .
that's really interesting, I recall that my high school (and by extension, probably the rest of Peel Region) sold only Coke, Minute Maid etc., great marketing tool to direct their attention to schools...not too good for the leath of the students

this McD's thing, as much as I dislike the company and the unhealthy eating that it promotes (SuperSize me ftw!) is a great marketing tool-they paid to be a sponsor of the Olympics so it's only fair they be the only company allowed to do...whatever

Similar to HBC being the official sponsor of the 2010 Winter Olympics and crushing any mom-and-pop company/store that had the 5 rings on their merchandise, just trying to capitalize on the opportunity...
Old 07-13-2012 at 01:37 PM   #11
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

I think it's a great business strategy. I don't think it's necessarily a good thing otherwise.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 07-14-2012 at 12:40 AM   #12
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Kind of a jerk move, but running a business is pretty much a succession of jerk moves.

Mahratta likes this.
Old 07-18-2012 at 07:58 AM   #13
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 160 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpatel View Post
that's really interesting, I recall that my high school (and by extension, probably the rest of Peel Region) sold only Coke, Minute Maid etc., great marketing tool to direct their attention to schools...not too good for the leath of the students

this McD's thing, as much as I dislike the company and the unhealthy eating that it promotes (SuperSize me ftw!) is a great marketing tool-they paid to be a sponsor of the Olympics so it's only fair they be the only company allowed to do...whatever

Similar to HBC being the official sponsor of the 2010 Winter Olympics and crushing any mom-and-pop company/store that had the 5 rings on their merchandise, just trying to capitalize on the opportunity...

Cant remember if it was the public or catholic Toronto board , also had a deal with coke. remembering reading about that in some textbook
Old 07-18-2012 at 12:02 PM   #14
drpatel

Liked: 70 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacPack View Post
Cant remember if it was the public or catholic Toronto board , also had a deal with coke. remembering reading about that in some textbook
yeah Peel region didn't sell PepsiCo products at all, only Coke and its related products. It's really stupid, even if we wanted to sell those products as students. But sigh, I guess that's just how money and contracts work.
Old 07-18-2012 at 01:23 PM   #15
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

Liked: 103 Times

Theres a difference between craving "fries" and craving "McDonalds fries" - they are not the same. If I want fries at a baseball game, for example, I was thick cut, potatoey, kind-of greasy fries covered in gravy or ketchup! Not crunchy salt sticks.