MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Queen Elizabeth scholarship sweetgurly Financial Aid 1 04-27-2011 12:40 AM
Queen Elizabeth Scholarship Renewal. xo.monica Academics 6 12-11-2009 10:31 PM
Queen Elizabeth II scholarship jangh2 Academics 38 08-16-2009 11:00 PM
Queen Elizabeth Scholarship goodnews.inc First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 76 07-02-2009 01:32 AM
Queen Elizabeth Scholarship Renewal hamilton1555 Financial Aid 5 06-26-2009 12:55 AM

Mcmaster Entrance /Queen elizabeth scholarship renewable?

Old 07-16-2011 at 12:53 AM   #1
fatcat

Liked: 34 Times

Mcmaster Entrance /Queen elizabeth scholarship renewable?
I was wondering if the Queen Elizabeth scholarship is renewable, the one you get from osap, what are the averages you have to get for certain amounts, and how do you go about renewing it?

Same for the mcmaster entrance scholarship? renewable? how?
Old 07-16-2011 at 01:04 AM   #2
yoni

Liked: 87 Times

QEII - got to maintain an 80 average to keep, entrance scholarships are not renewable.
Old 07-16-2011 at 01:04 AM   #3
IqzFendi

Liked: 41 Times

I don't know about the QE scholarship but for the Mac entrance scholarship, i think you just need to keep up your GPA to whatever you have been told and then it automatically renews, if your GPA goes down, you lose your scholarship.
Old 07-16-2011 at 01:05 AM   #4
IqzFendi

Liked: 41 Times

oh so entrance scholarships don't carry on for the full 4 years?? :O
Old 07-16-2011 at 01:10 AM   #5
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by IqzFendi View Post
oh so entrance scholarships don't carry on for the full 4 years?? :O
Nope, it used to be, but that changed a few years ago. The QE scholarship however, is renewable, provided your marks stay high.

IqzFendi likes this.
Old 07-16-2011 at 01:15 AM   #6
fatcat

hmm, that's a bummer about the entrance scholarship. But for the QE scholarship, do you have to do anything in terms of reapplying to renew?
Old 07-16-2011 at 05:58 AM   #7
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatcat View Post
hmm, that's a bummer about the entrance scholarship. But for the QE scholarship, do you have to do anything in terms of reapplying to renew?
You just had to re-apply for OSAP before the deadline which was June 17th.
Old 07-16-2011 at 08:23 AM   #8
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
You just had to re-apply for OSAP before the deadline which was June 17th.
Actually, I thought it was June for grade 12 students (going into first year), but if you're past that and you want to renew the QE II you had to apply before some date in July? I might be wrong though.
Old 07-16-2011 at 09:57 AM   #9
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Seems as if people have already answered your question, but I'm really bummed out about the entrance scholarship myself.
Old 07-16-2011 at 11:59 AM   #10
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist11 View Post
Actually, I thought it was June for grade 12 students (going into first year), but if you're past that and you want to renew the QE II you had to apply before some date in July? I might be wrong though.
Oh wait, they actually changed it. You don't even have to re-apply anymore, you are automatically considered for the scholarship renewal.

Quote:
This is a renewable scholarship. Students who keep their grades up and maintain the scholarship eligibility criteria can receive the scholarship for up to four years in total. You do not have to re-apply for this scholarship as you will automatically be considered for renewal.
https://osap.gov.on.ca/OSAPPortal/en...PRD003576.html
Old 07-16-2011 at 01:15 PM   #11
fatcat

yeah, i saw that too, so you don't have to reapply for teh QE scholarship, but do you have to reapply for OSAP still to receive funding for the next fall/winter term?
Old 07-16-2011 at 01:26 PM   #12
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatcat View Post
yeah, i saw that too, so you don't have to reapply for teh QE scholarship, but do you have to reapply for OSAP still to receive funding for the next fall/winter term?
That's right.
Old 07-16-2011 at 03:12 PM   #13
KAB:)

Liked: 11 Times

The entrance scholarship is not renewable anymore :(. The QEII is renewable for the same amount provided you keep a 9.5 (80%) equivalent average or higher and you reapply for osap (you don't have to reapply for the scholarship, it is automatic, just the osap). GL!
Old 07-16-2011 at 03:41 PM   #14
Mair

Liked: 0 Times

Is there a specific amount of units you have to complete each year to be eligible for the Queen Elizabeth scholarship? For example, do you have to have at least 30 units for each year?
Old 07-16-2011 at 03:54 PM   #15
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAB:) View Post
The entrance scholarship is not renewable anymore :(. The QEII is renewable for the same amount provided you keep a 9.5 (80%) equivalent average or higher and you reapply for osap (you don't have to reapply for the scholarship, it is automatic, just the osap). GL!
I quoted from the OSAP website that you don't have to apply to OSAP to renew the QEII scholarship, it's automatic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mair View Post
Is there a specific amount of units you have to complete each year to be eligible for the Queen Elizabeth scholarship? For example, do you have to have at least 30 units for each year?
As I quoted before:

Quote:
This is a renewable scholarship. Students who keep their grades up and maintain the scholarship eligibility criteria can receive the scholarship for up to four years in total. You do not have to re-apply for this scholarship as you will automatically be considered for renewal.
Here are the criteria:
Quote:
You must be an Ontario resident, as per the OSAP Application for Full-Time Students;
You must have graduated from an Ontario high school in 2011 and achieved academic excellence;
You must apply to attend one of the following types of postsecondary schools in Ontario:
a public Ontario college or university on a full-time basis, through the Ontario Universities' Application Centre or the Ontario College Application Services; or
another Ontario postsecondary school (for example, a private career college) that is approved for purposes of this scholarship; and
You will be a full-time student in the 2011-2012 academic year at a postsecondary school and program that has been approved for this scholarship.
So you need to take at least 24units.

Both quotes from: https://osap.gov.on.ca/OSAPPortal/en...PRD003576.html

Mair says thanks to jhan523 for this post.