MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FINALLY! Bus route between Guelph & Hamilton ali11 MacInsiders Announcements 2 10-04-2010 11:20 PM
@muss.cis.mcmaster.ca vs @mcmaster.ca KMoney First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 09-13-2010 06:04 PM
2010 Alumni Trivia Challenge: Are You Smarter Than a Guelph Grad? lorend MacInsiders Announcements 0 06-15-2010 03:52 PM
Coach Canada Hamilton-Guelph Route being phased out samtheman89 General Discussion 14 08-29-2009 10:03 AM

McMaster to Guelph

Old 11-17-2009 at 10:11 PM   #1
secretone

Liked: 0 Times

McMaster to Guelph
How can we get between McMaster and Guelph?
Old 11-17-2009 at 10:25 PM   #2
Maegs
Elite Member

Liked: 26 Times

I believe the Canada Coach bus goes to Guelph - I've seen it going up Highway 6, but I don't know where it starts from

I just looked it up, apparently they canceled the Hamilton-Guelph service in October due to lack of passengers (link)

But check out the Canada Coach website to see if you can take a bus from Hamilton to somewhere, then to Guelph
Old 11-17-2009 at 10:43 PM   #3
samtheman89

Liked: 18 Times

You have to take the GO to Square One, and then from there to Guelph.

Sucks I know.
Old 11-18-2009 at 02:27 PM   #4
MacLovin

Liked: 1 Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by samtheman89 View Post
You have to take the GO to Square One, and then from there to Guelph.

Sucks I know.
That does suck! How long does this take? I also need to get to Guelph on Friday...
Old 11-19-2009 at 12:26 AM   #5
Melpomene

Liked: 6 Times

Maybe you could carpool with someone. I'm leaving for Kitchener tomorrow and we go through Guelph, but I don't know how you'd feel about catching a ride with me and my brother/strangers.
Old 11-19-2009 at 08:06 AM   #6
secretone

Liked: 0 Times

^ thanks so much for that offer. its actually for my sister who will be coming from guelph to mac for sunday. thanks though!
Old 11-19-2009 at 07:07 PM   #7
ali11

Liked: 7 Times

it does suck indeed. it takes roughly 1.5-2 hours. if you coordinate your trips, you can get the express bus from here to square one (takes 30 minutes exactly), and then get on the guelph bus from there (around 45 min on taht bus). just make sure your mcmaster bus isn't late.. mention to the bus driver you need to catch the guelph transfer, and he'll give in a call to make sure it doesn't leave without you.

also! a weird flaw in the system... it actually costs more to buy a straight mcmaster-guelph ticket then it is to buy separate mcmaster-square one, and square one-guelph tickets.
Old 11-19-2009 at 07:10 PM   #8
ali11

Liked: 7 Times

i should also mention.. GO transit is aware of coach canada's decision to cancel the hamitlon-guelph route. i've spoken to them, and they are indeed working on making a route between the two cities, and hopefully it will be implemented in the new year, 2010. i spoke to them back in august.. hopefully there hasn't been any issue and they still plan on doing this, as my better half attends guelph and 2-hour trips sorta suck intensely.