MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
McMaster Wins The Vanier Cup - First In McMaster History Chad MacInsiders Announcements 10 11-26-2011 02:34 AM
@muss.cis.mcmaster.ca vs @mcmaster.ca KMoney First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 09-13-2010 06:04 PM

McMaster MBA Co-op

Old 11-12-2012 at 10:10 AM   #1
rpg51
Elite Member

Liked: 139 Times

McMaster MBA Co-op
Hey has anyone here considered an MBA from McMaster. It says on their website that you need at least a 75 average and a GMAT of 580 (but GMAT of 600 is competitive). I am going to have a 80 average and I think I can score a 620+ on the GMAT. Do you think I have a chance?
Old 11-12-2012 at 02:04 PM   #2
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpg51 View Post
Hey has anyone here considered an MBA from McMaster. It says on their website that you need at least a 75 average and a GMAT of 580 (but GMAT of 600 is competitive). I am going to have a 80 average and I think I can score a 620+ on the GMAT. Do you think I have a chance?
Yes...
If you have above the minimum average and above the competitive GMAT score, why wouldn't you have a chance?
Old 11-12-2012 at 02:11 PM   #3
fasailuddin
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 47 Times

After you exceed the minimum requirements, it's entirely contingent on the interview.
Old 11-12-2012 at 03:10 PM   #4
LIBORplustwo
Account Locked

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasailuddin View Post
After you exceed the minimum requirements, it's entirely contingent on the interview.
How about no. If they want to adhere to a diverse class profile, if an under-represented-minority (URM) has a mediocre interview relative to others, they can still get admitted. My cousin is on the ADCOM for the Booth School (UChi).

Your stats are competitive for Mac's program. However, I have to ask (not to sound pretentious), why are you considering Mac's MBA program? I know professors (do not worry which) who tell people not to go here.

Take that as you will.
Old 11-12-2012 at 03:17 PM   #5
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIBORplustwo View Post
How about no. If they want to adhere to a diverse class profile, if an under-represented-minority (URM) has a mediocre interview relative to others, they can still get admitted. My cousin is on the ADCOM for the Booth School (UChi).

Your stats are competitive for Mac's program. However, I have to ask (not to sound pretentious), why are you considering Mac's MBA program? I know professors (do not worry which) who tell people not to go here.

Take that as you will.
Just because that's how another university does it, that doesn't necessarily mean that's how Mac does it. In the states that sort of "reverse racism" or "affirmative action" or whatever you want to call it is much MUCH more common and widespread in universities than it is here. Also, they tend to explicitly state on their admissions websites when that is the case. I'm not sure if that's a legal requirement or not, but I do know that most American schools have some statement or another to that effect. I don't know of any Canadian school that does that, aside from Aboriginal applicants.
Old 11-12-2012 at 04:00 PM   #6
icecubz
Trollin Ain't Easy

Liked: 115 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIBORplustwo View Post

Take that as you will.
why do those "profs" don't want students going to mac's MBA program? what's their reasoning?