MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
@muss.cis.mcmaster.ca vs @mcmaster.ca KMoney First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 09-13-2010 06:04 PM

McMaster MSDNAA

Old 08-22-2009 at 02:10 PM   #1
myster

Liked: 10 Times

McMaster MSDNAA
Does anyone know if McMaster students have access to MSDNAA. Seems like only the Computer Science kids get it.

Not even the engineers have access to it... as my user/password does not work.

As some of you may know, access to MSDNAA will allow you to access to Windows 7 RTM version.
Old 08-22-2009 at 02:12 PM   #2
macsci
Elite Member

Liked: 93 Times

Access denied!
Old 08-22-2009 at 02:49 PM   #3
ghjkghkghkgh

Liked: 38 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by myster View Post
Does anyone know if McMaster students have access to MSDNAA. Seems like only the Computer Science kids get it.

Not even the engineers have access to it... as my user/password does not work.

As some of you may know, access to MSDNAA will allow you to access to Windows 7 RTM version.
MS gives access to this program to people whom they wish to introduce to their wonderful development environments. So soft eng and CS may get it, but math or med may not. Microsoft doesn't give away stuff for no reason ;-)
Old 08-22-2009 at 09:13 PM   #4
DannyV
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

What program are you in?
Old 08-23-2009 at 02:15 PM   #5
ghjkghkghkgh

Liked: 38 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyV View Post
What program are you in?
Who, the OP?
Old 08-23-2009 at 03:03 PM   #6
DannyV
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

Anyone who wants to get access to MSDNAA
Old 08-23-2009 at 10:34 PM   #7
camais

Liked: 30 Times

im in firstyear engineering
Old 08-30-2009 at 01:00 PM   #8
fat~fat

Liked: 0 Times

i m an Eng 1 student as well, i check the MSDNAA school search and it says Eng 1 is registered but i can't find the software center link on there. So who do we need to contact to gain access
Old 08-30-2009 at 07:48 PM   #9
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times

here you go:
http://www.cas.mcmaster.ca/msdnaa/
Quote:
You have to be registered as a student in the Department of Computing and Software to qualify for MSDNAA program.

Accounts for academic year 2009/10 will be created after drop and add deadline [Sept 21, 2009].
whoa, wait! so we can get those softwares for free?? A copy of Win 7 Pro for free!!?!
Old 09-03-2009 at 08:35 PM   #10
mellotron

Liked: 3 Times

If you still want cheap access to a HUGE range of softwares from Microsoft and you're not in Comp Sci or Soft Eng you can still apply for a membership with the IEEE which will grand access to the MSDNAA, including Windows 7 pro, which costs $32 USD. There's also another association called ACM which also has MSDNAA access for only $19 USD.

http://www.ieee.org/web/membership/s...tudent s.html
https://campus.acm.org/public/QJStuW...m_type=Student
Old 09-04-2009 at 01:23 PM   #11
myster

Liked: 10 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellotron View Post
If you still want cheap access to a HUGE range of softwares from Microsoft and you're not in Comp Sci or Soft Eng you can still apply for a membership with the IEEE which will grand access to the MSDNAA, including Windows 7 pro, which costs $32 USD. There's also another association called ACM which also has MSDNAA access for only $19 USD.

http://www.ieee.org/web/membership/s...tudent s.html
https://campus.acm.org/public/QJStuW...m_type=Student

Yeah.. lol.. I already opted in 2 weeks ago. (Courtesy of RFD)