MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Social Sciences KBrunson First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-31-2010 02:14 PM
McMaster Science Society President and VP Social Elections temara.brown MacInsiders Announcements 5 02-10-2010 05:42 PM
Society for Language Sciences: Pub Night! feonateresa MacInsiders Announcements 0 11-18-2009 08:07 PM
Society for Language Sciences feonateresa MacInsiders Announcements 0 11-06-2009 07:59 PM

McMaster Social Sciences Society

Old 09-01-2010 at 08:16 AM   #1
Soc Sci Guy

Liked: 0 Times

McMaster Social Sciences Society
Hey Soc Sci!!

My name is Soc Sci Guy, and I'm the mascot for the MSSS, which is the McMaster Social Sciences Society!

What is the MSSS?

The MSSS was formed in 1988 with the goal of improving the experiences of undergraduate social sciences students at McMaster, as well as representing them to the faculty adiministration. The society is composed of ten elected members, along with year reps and several hired staff. In addition, EVERY student enrolled in the Faculty of Social Sciences is a general member!

What events do we run?

The MSSS runs MANY events throughout the year, ranging from our annual Formal to our Academic Showcase. Some of the events that we organized last year include a boat cruise, laser tag, movie nights, pub nights, as well as a Niagara Falls trip! As well, the MSSS runs the Social Sciences Welcome Week!

How do I get involved?

There are many ways that you can get involved! We are currently looking for two enthusiastic First Year Reps to join our team (more information in the coming weeks). As well, you can write for the Frontline, the MSSS's quarterly publication, which has now been converted from newsprint to a magazine! There are also many other opportunitie for helping run our events, such as being on the formal committee.

For more information and MSSS updates, please visit our BRAND NEW website at http://www.themsss.com. As well, should you have any questions, don't hesitate to email us at [email protected]
Old 09-13-2010 at 08:02 PM   #2
jj_24

Liked: 1 Time

How can I find some info on the boat cruise? Also, what do the first year reps have to do, cause i might be interested.

Last edited by jj_24 : 09-13-2010 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake