MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
McMaster row team Dancing King Clubs & Groups 0 06-16-2010 10:46 PM
Mac Swim Team - high school student seeks info marsmars General Discussion 2 11-23-2009 05:23 PM
Maroons: Dopest Rep Team on Campus Welcomes you to Welcome Week asfand_m3 MSU & On-Campus Services 52 09-23-2009 10:47 PM
McMaster Dance Team laura_jean General Discussion 12 07-31-2009 12:13 AM

McMaster Student Union's Street Team: The Maroons

Old 08-07-2008 at 06:51 AM   #1
deadpool
X-Man

Liked: 394 Times

BY ROHAN NAIR, MAROONS SPIRIT LEADER 2008-2009

The Maroons are not for everyone. They are only for people who go to Mac. This puts every one of you in a unique environment, as you can join the Maroons. Your friends at Laurier? Ha. No chance!

So, what are we? The Maroons are the MSU’s Street Team. We represent the Student Union just about everywhere in this
coming year: Welcome Week, every football game, all over homecoming, Shinerama, MSU Olympics, and many other awesome events. You will definitely see us everywhere in our Maroon jumpsuits, doing things deemed too awesome for the average person. Your first interaction with the Maroons team will be at MacConnector on the Sunday of Welcome Week, which is hosted by us, for you. The year will be pretty freaking awesome as well with the opening of our new stadium on campus. Maroons will be on top of it all! Literally.

So how do you become a Maroon? Easy! Decide to rise above the pack, and throw your averageness away. The Maroons are always looking for new members to swell our ranks and create a thundering presence at varsity games, bus trips and all the other cool stuff we do. Second step is to look out for our booth during Clubsfest, manned by some insanely awesome people. Third step, is to get on our mailing list to get all the details about things like Opening Ceremonies and our first event of the year. Fourth step, to actually make it out to meet every other person who has decided that they don’t want to sit around in their rooms bored off their asses.

This year there will be a lot of special attention given to students living in residence, with the expansion of the Maroon first year committee. Look out during Clubsfest and on our website for an application form. The first year committee, colloquially known as the Rez Reps, will be responsible for creating social events for the first year student population. If you have any interest whatsoever in planning out and facilitating events for your fellow first years, Rez Reps want you. Perks include: hanging out with me, and getting a head start on all your plans of world domination.

My name is Rohan Nair, I am your 2008/2009 Maroons Spirit Leader and I want you to join me on the awesomest year in Maroons history. My contact info is found below. Feel free to ask me any questions you want about Mac, the MSU, the Maroons, or just anything in general. I’m particularly well versed in topics relating to stock trading and how best to not be a hippie.

Maroons Office is MUSC B109
[email protected] ca
McMaster extension 26575

Oh… and Maroons get in free to all varsity games!

Chad, Cristina_n13, KaesoPublius, moonlight, pinkshuniza, samantha__, temara.brown all say thanks to deadpool for this post.

bhatoai likes this.
Old 08-07-2008 at 08:51 AM   #2
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 352 Times

*woot* Maroons
Old 08-07-2008 at 12:37 PM   #3
.:callen:.
Student Senator '08-'10

Liked: 24 Times

*woot* not being a hippie
Old 08-07-2008 at 01:32 PM   #4
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

Tonight I'm going to Wash the Hippy?

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 08-07-2008 at 04:29 PM   #5
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

okay.... what?
Old 08-07-2008 at 06:28 PM   #6
casey.park
SRA Member

Liked: 28 Times

Rohan: Could you please change the name of the Maroons to the "Diddlers Spirit Squad"?
Old 08-07-2008 at 08:59 PM   #7
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

I'll second that.
Old 08-07-2008 at 09:36 PM   #8
KaesoPublius
SRA Member

Liked: 1 Time

Yeah, I'm going to have to vote in favour of this motion...
Old 08-07-2008 at 10:51 PM   #9
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

ahaha.

me too.

motion passed?

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 08-08-2008 at 12:06 AM   #10
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

Thanks for writing for us Rohan!

And of course... MacInsiders will be there every step of the way to support the maroons and cover your amazingness
Old 08-08-2008 at 12:26 AM   #11
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

you mean support the diddlers spirt squad.
Old 08-08-2008 at 02:32 PM   #12
deadpool
X-Man

Liked: 394 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by temara.brown View Post
you mean support the diddlers spirt squad.
Actually I was meaning to change it to MSU Spirits Society. Where we sit around and discuss liquor.