MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
mcmaster external bursaries. the due dates are 2008 and 2006?? memyselfandi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 09-02-2010 11:32 PM
McMaster Bursaries MacPack Financial Aid 2 07-20-2010 12:25 PM
Getting from mcmaster to university of waterloo? killza Automotive & Transportation 9 02-21-2010 08:17 PM
mcmaster/hamilton to university of waterloo shleyaa General Discussion 5 11-24-2008 02:07 PM
McMaster University Sustainability Day Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 10-27-2008 08:17 AM

The McMaster University Bursaries

Just a reminder that the deadline for The McMaster University Bursaries application is fast approaching. The deadline is January 15th, 2010.

To apply for the bursary:
Click on "My Financial Aid & Scholarships" on the left.
Click on "Bursary Application Form" on the right.

If you are eligible for OSAP you have to answer a couple questions, if you aren't eligible or did not apply for OSAP then you will have to fill out a form.

In any case it's free money!

BlakeM says thanks to jhan523 for this post.

temara.brown likes this.
Published by

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 12-29-2009 at 04:01 PM   #2
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff
Program: Origins Research Specialization
Year: Other

Liked: 352 Times
Apply for these!!!! They're awesome!
  Deleted Post Deleted Post
Old 12-29-2009 at 04:27 PM   #3
Joann
Account Disabled by User
Program: Biochemistry & Biomedical Sciences
Year: Third

Liked: 8 Times
I applied for this since I am eligible for OSAP but my statement says incomplete. Does that mean I didn't qualify for a bursary or does it mean that my application had some sort of error in it?
Old 12-29-2009 at 04:43 PM   #4
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff
Program: Chemical Engineering
Year: Masters

Liked: 633 Times
If you submitted your online bursary application today, it will take up to one business day before your application appears on this status page.
If your Status is 'Incomplete' you must complete your bursary application by March 1st (October 31st for School of Medicine students) or prior to the end of your study period (whichever comes first) to remain eligible for consideration.

Quote from "Bursaries" on MUGSI

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 12-29-2009 at 04:58 PM   #5
Joann
Account Disabled by User
Program: Biochemistry & Biomedical Sciences
Year: Third

Liked: 8 Times
I submitted it in the middle of 1st term so it's already been reviewed.

I don't quite understand what "If your Status is 'Incomplete' you must complete your bursary application by March 1st" means though. Does this mean I have to go into some office on campus to fill out an application form by hand then?

When I open up the bursary application page on MUGSI it shows that I already submitted it before. There is even a confirmation number but then it's still incomplete. I'm sort of confused.
Old 12-29-2009 at 05:27 PM   #6
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times
Does anyone know when we find out if we got any bursaries? And does it go right into our bank account or is it a cheque? And how is it decided who gets what?

Thanks!
Old 12-29-2009 at 05:32 PM   #7
Goce
Elite Member
Program: Political Science

Liked: 36 Times
What if you don't have/need OSAP but are still poor? Would it be a good idea to still sign up?
Old 12-29-2009 at 05:40 PM   #8
ingénieur.xo
Elite Member
Program: Materials Engineering and Society, minor in French
Year: Alumni

Liked: 38 Times
To Kathy2,
the last 2 years I've found out the amount of my bursary at the end of January. So it should be around the same time again this year. The money comes in the form of a cheque, I don't think they do direct deposit at all for the bursaries. As for how they decide, I have no idea. It's all based on financial need so I don't think there's much put in to figure out who gets what.

To Goce,
I would still apply since it's easy money to get. As long as you show that you need some money then you'll most likely get somethign from applying for the bursaries.

Old 12-29-2009 at 08:28 PM   #9
sinthusized
Elite Member
Program: Anthropology

Liked: 98 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goce View Post
What if you don't have/need OSAP but are still poor? Would it be a good idea to still sign up?
i think there is a separate form to fill out in order to demonstrate a need for financial aid if you do not have OSAP

Last edited by sinthusized : 12-29-2009 at 08:31 PM.
Old 12-29-2009 at 09:26 PM   #10
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff
Program: Honours Molecular Biology and Genetics
Residence: Edwards 08-09, SOCS 09-12

Liked: 604 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjobee View Post
I submitted it in the middle of 1st term so it's already been reviewed.

I don't quite understand what "If your Status is 'Incomplete' you must complete your bursary application by March 1st" means though. Does this mean I have to go into some office on campus to fill out an application form by hand then?

When I open up the bursary application page on MUGSI it shows that I already submitted it before. There is even a confirmation number but then it's still incomplete. I'm sort of confused.
Hmmm, I would definitively go and see the financial aid and scholarships office when school starts again. They would definitively know what to do.

Joann says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 01-03-2010 at 11:04 PM   #11
kwyhan
Elite Member
Year: First

Liked: 3 Times
is there an application we need to fill in? an essay we need to write?

or whoever has OSAP can apply for bursaries?

thanks.
Old 01-03-2010 at 11:09 PM   #12
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwyhan View Post
is there an application we need to fill in? an essay we need to write?

or whoever has OSAP can apply for bursaries?

thanks.
Anyone can apply for a bursary. You just have to fill out a form/answer questions.
Old 01-03-2010 at 11:09 PM   #13
kwyhan
Elite Member
Year: First

Liked: 3 Times
I applied back in term1 and i have a confirmation number, and it says the application status : being assessed. and says account credited (F) instead of cheque issued (C).

Did I complete the application fully? and when do i know I get my bursaries and how much?\

Thanks!!
Old 01-03-2010 at 11:11 PM   #14
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwyhan View Post
I applied back in term1 and i have a confirmation number, and it says the application status : being assessed. and says account credited (F) instead of cheque issued (C).

Did I complete the application fully? and when do i know I get my bursaries and how much?\

Thanks!!
Mine's like that to. I'm pretty sure they release all the bursaries at the same time, so it'll be released after Jan 15th. Probably 1-2weeks after since they have to assess everyone that applied near the end.

kwyhan says thanks to jhan523 for this post.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search