MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Cant even open McMaster Gateway page MacDaddy Academics 2 08-11-2010 08:52 AM
Mcmaster Online Courses Arnold Academics 2 09-08-2008 07:49 PM
McMaster Closed... or open? Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 12-17-2007 12:29 AM
Online = McMaster? meerf Academics 5 08-16-2007 12:41 AM

McMaster's First MOOC (Massive Open Online Course)

Hi Insiders!

Are you interested in optimizing the way you conduct experiments? Are you striving to make your life more efficient? If you answered yes or maybe to either of these please read on!

My name is James Scott and I will be one of the upcoming teaching assistants for McMaster's first MOOC (Massive Open Online Course), available on Coursera:

https://www.coursera.org/course/experiments

The course will be taught by Chemical Engineering Department Professor Kevin Dunn and will last approximately 6 weeks, starting on July 7th. You will even get a certificate for course completion! (Note: This course does not count academically to any degree).

Please sign up and participate if you have the time!

Regards,

James Scott
Published by

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 07-03-2014 at 06:07 PM   #2
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff
Program: Chemical Engineering
Year: Fourth

Liked: 526 Times
I took Kevin Dunn's Statistics in Engineering course and it is very very helpful knowledge. I advise everyone to take it since the math isn't that hard, the programming isn't that hard but the knowledge is invaluable
  Deleted Post Deleted Post
Old 07-04-2014 at 02:55 AM   #3
anon491
Professional Fangirl
Faculty: Science
Year: Alumni

Liked: 453 Times
Just a heads up: according to the site, seems you only get the certificate if you pay for their "signature track", which is $49.

"When you successfully complete your course’s Signature Track, you’ll receive an electronic Verified Certificate issued by the participating University and Coursera."

The course itself is free though. Seems interesting so I'll definitely be enrolling.
Old 07-04-2014 at 08:30 AM   #4
JamesScott
Program: Chemical Engineering
Year: Masters

Liked: 0 Times
Yes you are correct (my bad for not clarifying). "The course itself is free, but in order to obtain the certificate it is $49 via the signature track enrollment."

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search