MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MDCL question jasmineb First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 10-15-2012 10:43 PM
tunnel from MDCL to hospital mandy77 General Discussion 4 08-31-2012 01:06 AM
MDCL Projector Log in yut24 Computers & Tech 3 02-05-2012 04:50 PM
Mdcl 1305 RSA4life First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 01-08-2012 10:08 PM
Mdcl/1102 aaront General Discussion 11 03-19-2009 01:06 PM

MDCL hours?

Old 04-13-2013 at 10:14 PM   #1
Raneem

Liked: 1 Time

MDCL hours?
Hey guys,

So i was just curious about something; does anyone know like the hours of MDCL building? Like specifically third floor where all those teaching rooms are? Or even when they like close the building itself? I just love studying in the rooms there, and I'm curious if they're open weekends as well?

Thanks in advance for anyone's help ! and good luck to all for upcoming exams !
Old 04-13-2013 at 10:19 PM   #2
RememberTwce
Memento Mori

Liked: 878 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raneem View Post
Hey guys,

So i was just curious about something; does anyone know like the hours of MDCL building? Like specifically third floor where all those teaching rooms are? Or even when they like close the building itself? I just love studying in the rooms there, and I'm curious if they're open weekends as well?

Thanks in advance for anyone's help ! and good luck to all for upcoming exams !
The building itself closes fairly early on weekends (don't know exact hours but I would estimate that the doors lock around 5) but the lights are still on. So if you can get to one of the rooms before the main doors lock, then you can stay until security kicks you out.

When exactly they decide to kick you out will vary. I've stayed all night (numerous times) but have been kicked out anytime between 10pm and 3am as well.

Raneem says thanks to RememberTwce for this post.
Old 04-13-2013 at 11:50 PM   #3
ofomkcidtae
Account Locked

Liked: 47 Times

The building is open 24/7, I think all you have to do is throw a rock to break a window, and enter at your own discretion. Once inside, hide for 2-3 hours. Since security will investigate and if they find you, you will get arrested and later on might get expelled, so be careful. Once done, you can study in peace. Make sure you don't turn on any lights, or make noise.

Another option is to go Thode, and sit in the basement. Typically pretty quite.

Silver says thanks to ofomkcidtae for this post.

Commie42, murphyh, Silver, Zebedee like this.
Old 04-13-2013 at 11:56 PM   #4
Raneem

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberTwce View Post
The building itself closes fairly early on weekends (don't know exact hours but I would estimate that the doors lock around 5) but the lights are still on. So if you can get to one of the rooms before the main doors lock, then you can stay until security kicks you out.

When exactly they decide to kick you out will vary. I've stayed all night (numerous times) but have been kicked out anytime between 10pm and 3am as well.
Thanks a lot for your reply! much appreciated !
Old 04-14-2013 at 07:15 AM   #5
Zebedee
Resident Artist

Liked: 242 Times

I had an exam Saturday morning and got there a little before 8...thought I'd go in and study, but the atrium was locked...
FYI, Mills is always open during exams.
Old 04-14-2013 at 11:10 PM   #6
Raneem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebedee View Post
I had an exam Saturday morning and got there a little before 8...thought I'd go in and study, but the atrium was locked...
FYI, Mills is always open during exams.
Thanks for the info ! much appreciated

and hope ur exam went well !
Old 04-17-2013 at 12:19 PM   #7
heygoodlookin
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 6 Times

that sucks. its one of the best places on campus