MacInsiders Logo
Old 06-27-2012 at 02:28 AM   #1
Bluejays

Liked: Liked 3 Times

This is ME!:)
Hello everyone! First year Mac student, YEE BOIIIIIII! just here to get familiar with the pleasant environment! I'm an 18 year old kid straight out of Compton, it has been my long life dream to become more than people think i was destined to be. Back at home, nobody looks at you and says.. "damn, this kid is ganna have a good life" no...there..you're an outsider if you want an education. I didn't let that effect me, it actually made me want it more, i craved success with every breath i took. With the help of my family of course, I made some money to move to Canada! holla! I lived with a guardian for the 4 years of my high school career, which wasnt all that bad... I went to Sir Allan Macnab, REPRESENT! it was actually such an amazing experience, It made me truly grow as a person! But that's not where it turns ugly... A boy coming up from the ghetto to make a living...damn no one can bring him down...right? WRONG. There had to be a girl to come and ruin my paradise. It started at the end of grade 12, the girl that I thought that I was going to spend the rest of my life with... she started to take over my life to the point i decided to take an extra year off high school just to spend and devote a full year with her! excuse my language...but hat B*tch didn't deserve jack. Biggest mistake of my life. at the end of that year she up and left. I had never loved anybody the way that I loved her. She said that she loved me, and showed me that she loved me, but I think its all bullsh*t. Because if she can leave like that without looking back on what we had... I don't think she truly loved me the way I loved her. We were together for 2 years and talked about our future and marriage. I had put all of my trust and hope in her because she made me believed that she was the one. She was there for me through the good and the bad. I admit that we hit some rough patched through out our journey, but we held on. She told me the reason why we could not continue the relationship is because her parents did not approved it, and she was scared if I asked her dad for his blessings that he would not give it to me. BullS***. I believe if two people really love each other that no one on earth would not stop them from being together. The pain that I go through at night is indescribable, I shed tears because I don't understand the reason why she left. I would've cut my heart out for her, and she made me believe the same for her,and that's why it hurt so much. I've come to accept her decision, and to never love again because I know for a fact that there is no other female like her. To keep this short I just need some advice on how to move on from this. And to stop thinking so my brain can be free from all of these thoughts. This has kept me up for days at times. I need to know how it feel to sleep again. It's kind of ironic that im going into engineering...where i'll probably sleep even less... but i hope these 5 years will have a lot to offer in both my personal life and student life! i've come to far to give up now!

Cya around!

Last edited by Bluejays : 06-27-2012 at 02:39 AM.

Entropy, jim1, Reda like this.
Old 06-27-2012 at 04:15 AM   #2
sinnersdrown

Liked: 89 Times

Welcome to the macinsiders community! I admire your perseverance and dedication to be successful against the odds. To be honest, it's difficult to give you the best advice that will work because each individuals circumstance is different. But if you continue to have a good attitude and focus on your goals, I see no reason as to why you can't overcome this like all of the other obstacles you seem to have faced.

But, if the lack of sleep is bothering you a lot, I would suggest seeing a physician about that or try natural remedies that you find online. Good luck at McMaster!