Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
notes BIO2B03/2A03 MATH 1AA3 ECON 1B03 collieee Academics 0 01-04-2009 04:45 PM

Med Physics 2A03 "Science 2A03" or Math 2A03

Old 08-17-2009 at 05:00 PM   #1
ebfrancis

Liked: 0 Times

Med Physics 2A03 "Science 2A03" or Math 2A03
Hi, Im thinking of taking this course.. I know that it is cross listed with Science 2A03..I have already taken physic 1B03, 1BB3 and math 1A03 and 1AA3, but still not sure if this course will make my workload heavier or lighter.. If u have taken this course before, wht would u rate the level of Difficulty of this course?

Is it an interesting course (applied physics in medicine) or just boring theoretiocal views??

I am in the honors Life science program, and this course is in the Honors Life Science course list.

Math 2A03 covers the same (but more advanced) topics of math 1AA3. I found math 1AA3 a very interesting course, but im kinda confused whether to stick to math 2A03 or replace it with Med Physics 2A03???

thanks in advance
Old 08-29-2009 at 04:33 PM   #2
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

This is a response I got from my friend (In Med Phys) when I asked him to choose between these two courses:

Quote:
Whats math 2a? Calc 3? If med phys is still taught by prestwich, take that. He's a good ol times

I don't know who will teach it this year, but from his description it sounds as if it's an introductory level course:

Quote:
we did simple stuff. It was good. An intro to things

--------------

Math 2A03 covers 3-D coordinate systems and how calculus can be used to answer problems in geometry...you can compute things like the surface area of a sphere, volume of a sphere, etc. by learning how to set up the right integral and just evaluating it.

It's a lot more practical (in my opinion) than 1AA3.

----------

So really, your decision should lie with your interests. Both courses are good I'm sure, if your interests lie more toward biology then Med Phys 2A is likely more up your alley. On the other hand if you prefer physics and Math, then Math 2A03's material is rather important. It's more than just learning 'interesting stuff' and can actually be very valuable in upper year physics in particular.
Old 09-01-2009 at 08:17 AM   #3
Fight0
Elite Member

Liked: 141 Times

I've always wondered how the Med Phys courses are, not many people seem to take them.