MacInsiders Logo

Med Physics vs Physics 1B03

Old 12-24-2010 at 10:51 PM   #1
Achangetoday

Liked: 1 Time

Med Physics vs Physics 1B03
Is Med Physics useful course to take if you have already taken Physics 1B03 or planning to take Physics 1BB3? What do you learn in Med Physics 1E03?
Please respond soon.
Old 12-24-2010 at 10:57 PM   #2
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

if you can't tell from the descriptions then....uhhhh..

Old 12-24-2010 at 11:04 PM   #3
macsci
Elite Member

Liked: 93 Times

Hi there,

Here's a link to the course outline:
http://www.science.mcmaster. ca/med...03_outline.pdf

Hope that helps!

Achangetoday says thanks to macsci for this post.
Old 12-26-2010 at 09:12 PM   #4
mally

Liked: 4 Times

i took the course last year and found it to be very interesting. Mic is a great professor and the content was good. we didn't hv any tutorials last yr, but i m sure they'll be helpful. also, it was mostly a theory based course; the assignments were very helpful and the exam was awesome: we had to do 4/6 questions.

Although you'll apply probably some of the concepts frm phy 1B03 (e.g energy, waves) it's still a very different course and is focused more on the medical aspects of physics on things like x-ray machines, nuclear medicine and MRI.

Achangetoday says thanks to mally for this post.
Old 12-27-2010 at 08:35 AM   #5
Rayine
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

Its completely different from any physics course you have taken so far.
I enjoyed it a lot last year when I took it with prof Mic, and the content is really interesting.
I recommend taking it regardless of what you're in.

We learned about imaging techniques (x-ray, CT, MRI): how they work, techniques, details, problems, etc.
President, McMaster Undergraduate Society for the Chemical Sciences

Achangetoday says thanks to Rayine for this post.
Old 12-27-2010 at 09:30 AM   #6
Achangetoday

Liked: 1 Time

Thanks a lot for your responses, it is something I really enjoy learning about and your comments assured my decision to take the course.