Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OSAP Coverage hogwarts Financial Aid 3 08-12-2012 12:53 PM
Welcome Week Coverage #4 Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 09-08-2008 12:00 AM
Welcome Week Coverage - #3 Chad MacInsiders Announcements 4 09-02-2008 02:06 PM

Media's coverage on Steubenville rape case

Old 03-18-2013
eddiemurphy
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 03-18-2013 at 10:42 PM   #16
eddiemurphy
Account Locked

Liked: 35 Times

ryan, release the testosterone!

ZSimon says thanks to eddiemurphy for this post.

ZSimon likes this.
Old 03-18-2013 at 10:43 PM   #17
Grover
The Law
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 255 Times

Back on topic, please- any further derailing will result in an infraction.
Old 03-18-2013 at 10:46 PM   #18
MPEn

Liked: Liked 3 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiemurphy View Post
you dont intentionally give someone aids, but they still get em! the point is you dont put yourself in stupid positions. she was an idiot and paid the price. how are you defending a 16 year old getting drunk, and then more drunk, and then more drunk, until she passes out? did she deserve to get raped? no. does it look good on her? oh yeah. see, im catholic, and if i were here, i wouldve forgave my trespassors. the damage is already done. she just ruined two boys lives cause she was pmsing and told da cops
You're ridiculous.
First of all, yes she shouldn't have been drinking (due to the fact that she's underage) but that doesn't mean she deserved to get raped. Any decent human being would have found a way to get her home, but these two decided to do the exact opposite. So why is the blame on her? Blame the two that decided to commit the crime.

It's people like you that continuously blame the victim that piss me off. Shut up.
Old 03-18-2013 at 10:50 PM   #19
Ponyo

Liked: 278 Times

someone here has an ugly heart
on another note these boys have 0 humanity, their crying is fake
and that article is unbelievable, wth if they were good they wouldn't have done that and that's great that this will haunt them forever, you do something horrible then be ready for the consequences.
guys and girls please drink sensibly, and keep an eye on your drink the whole time

alyssarr, Days, jim1, starfish like this.
Old 03-18-2013 at 10:53 PM   #20
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiemurphy View Post
ryan, release the testosterone!
I can't, I drink milk like every day :( :( :(
Old 03-18-2013 at 11:34 PM   #21
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 526 Times

The thing we don't capture is how Americans are into football. The sentence I read in an article was "High school football people are treated like heroes". That's alot of pride and "honour" into a high school level (young age) players.

Regardless I'm glad that they got their punishment. It is the girl's fault also for being wipe headed drunk. Too bad the drinking age of 21 in US (not sure if it applied in that state) didn't help at all.
Old 03-19-2013 at 12:20 AM   #22
RememberTwce
Memento Mori

Liked: 878 Times

Last edited by RememberTwce : 03-19-2013 at 01:18 PM.
Old 03-19-2013 at 12:35 AM   #23
Chris23
Account Locked

Liked: 287 Times

Guys stop fueling this troll, as an avid troller of this site, i along with everyone else here can realize this guy just wants to get people going. Mind you he seems a bit more unstable than your average troll under a bridge

ZSimon says thanks to Chris23 for this post.

Ponyo, ZSimon like this.
Old 03-19-2013 at 01:15 AM   #24
eddiemurphy
Account Locked

Liked: 35 Times

your wrong chris. i dont care how many hours you spend on this site i put a good argument forward. you come here for friends. sorry bro
Old 03-19-2013 at 09:10 AM   #25
Chris23
Account Locked

Liked: 287 Times

You put up a narrow minded arguement... and i come here for friends? pretty sure i never have met, nor do i have any intentions of ever meeting anyone on here... silly first years
Old 03-19-2013 at 11:14 AM   #26
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

This article says everything I want to say:

http://blackgirldangerous.or g/new-...4zc 46go4awsu

The way these boys behaved is absolutely disgusting. It's another example of a mysogenistic society and the mere idea that this girl is in ANY WAY responsible for her rape is asinine. She was defiled. She will never be the same girl she was before.

Last edited by lizziepizzie : 03-19-2013 at 11:46 AM.

Old 03-19-2013 at 12:14 PM   #27
JamesMonroe

Liked: 0 Times

Quite unjust...
Old 03-19-2013 at 01:38 PM   #28
ashleighp
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 126 Times

There seems to be some confusion among several members of the MI community (and the media, and generally everyone) about how to react to a girl or woman blacking out from drinking at a party. So I've written you a simple guide:

1) Make sure she is okay - alcohol poisoning can be fatal, she may need medical attention.
2) Roll her onto her side so she doesn't choke on her own vomit (this applies to ANYONE who passes out drinking).
3) Stay with her to make sure she keeps breathing and does not require assistance fending off assholes who want to take advantage of her.

If at any time you feel you can not control your urge to remove your dick from your pants, take off her clothes and/or post pictures of her on the internet, or otherwise sexually assault a person who can neither consent nor offer up any resistance please immediately find a DECENT HUMAN BEING who can take care of her.

This isn't difficult people. Someone who passes out at a party (or wears revealing clothing, or walks alone at night) is not asking to be raped - they are expecting that people are decent and they should not have to fear that every man they meet is a sexual predator.

Chad, Geek, Kudos, sarahsullz all say thanks to ashleighp for this post.

Old 03-19-2013 at 02:23 PM  
Eric_G

Liked: 21 Times

Warning: This post has been reported
This post has been flagged as violating the MacInsiders Code Of Conduct, and is being reviewed by one of our staff. It may contain offensive material. Click here to view.

chrisA, starfish like this.