MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Medical Radiation Science Vs Medical Physics and Applied Radiation Sciences Kajee First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 10-24-2011 09:02 AM
The Faculty and Program Series Part Nine: The Arts and Sciences Program lorend Academics 0 09-20-2009 08:16 AM
Faculty and Program Series Part Seven: Medical Radiation Sciences Program jhan523 Faculty & Program Series 1 09-05-2009 12:53 AM

Medical Radiation Sciences program = Hardest undergrad program ?

Old 11-25-2011 at 05:29 PM   #1
mastercool

Liked: 22 Times

Medical Radiation Sciences program = Hardest undergrad program ?
Hey there,

So I'm pretty new and I'm considering applying to this program for the Fall of 2012.

I have PM'd a couple of students in the program and got a lot of positive feedback regarding the program itself which is extremely helpful to me.

One person mentioned that this is the hardest undergrad program offered at McMaster University.

Now...is there any truth in this? If I get in, I plan to work hard regardless, however I'm far from a genius, so I'm a little bit unconfident.

Btw, this is the collab program offered between Mohawk College.

Thanks!
Old 11-25-2011 at 05:37 PM   #2
atran

Liked: 0 Times

Hey, I'm currently a first year in Medical Radiation Sciences and I can definitely tell you that it is not an easy program. It will be a difficult shift from high school into university, especially when you're not used to so many things having to be done each week. The program does require you to work hard and be dedicated in working hard. The courses you're required to take are demanding, and you're going to have to find ways to manage your time well to study and prep for these courses equally. However, doing well in MedRad is totally possible, so don't feel intimidated! Just make sure that you're ready to commit to the program, and that the specializations in the program are really what you really want to pursue (because they are what you're going to do for your career after all!) I really love the program and I have no regrets in choosing it. If you have any other questions, feel free to message me and i'll be glad to help!

Last edited by atran : 11-25-2011 at 05:41 PM.
Old 11-25-2011 at 05:38 PM   #3
muons

Liked: 84 Times

Hey,
It's a very subjective thing to say something is "hard" because what is hard for someone won't be hard for someone else. It really depends on the way you think.

As far as if this is the hardest, I would say one of the engineering programs is probably much harder (eng phys or mechatronics). But if you like a mix of math/physics/biology this program seems great!

Good luck
Old 11-25-2011 at 05:51 PM   #4
Serene
Elite Member

Liked: 173 Times

Far from it... If you are good at memorizing it shouldn't be a problem.
Old 11-25-2011 at 06:10 PM   #5
_Luu_
Elite Member

Liked: 184 Times

I wouldn't say it's the hardest program out there. Difficulty of material is mostly subjective.
Old 11-25-2011 at 06:19 PM   #6
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Difficulty is subjective, if you love it and are passionate about it, it will be easy as heck.
Old 11-25-2011 at 07:20 PM   #7
bauhaual

I graduated from the program last year. I don't think it's the most challenging program at Mac. Of course it requires a lot of work and time management, but so do alot of other Mac programs. I think it's like any other course. Work hard and you'll do fine. First year was probably the most challenging for me because it's such a change from high school. But after that i really enjoyed the program because I was learning something that i was actually interested in and i really enjoyed it. The teachers are great and you can always go to them if you need a little help. You'll meet great classmates too and you can always help each other out. Biggest tip: Don't get too far behind on your work or studying. It helpful to stay caught up - use your time wisely, while still having FUN!
Good Luck
Old 11-25-2011 at 08:03 PM   #8
TheMist

Liked: 3 Times

Definitely not THE hardest program at all. Like others have said above, if you choose your proper specialization (depending on your interests) and enjoy the material and content taught to you, it is definitely possible to achieve good grades, while having time to do other stuff at the same time.

Working hard, staying on top of things and just having a positive attitude no matter what will help you get through difficult times and enjoy the program to its fullest.

GL
Old 11-27-2011 at 09:03 PM   #9
The Guardian

Liked: 3 Times

One of my roommates is in her 2nd year of Med Rad, want to hear from her personally?
Old 11-27-2011 at 10:27 PM   #10
Alicia.I

Im second year in this program and I think the degree of difficulty depends on how much you put into the course, how hard you work and how you feel towards it. In first year my grades did not change drastically from high school. About a 5% drop at most.
Now in second year I LOVE what I am doing, I chose radiography. I definitely feel in my element and I think this is why Im doing well this year.
Any course at Mac will be what you make of it. And its definitely give and take. If you put work in you will do fine.