MacInsiders Logo

MMORPG's anyone...?

Old 07-05-2009 at 08:17 PM   #46
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTGregD View Post
I played on Bnet in residence, and it was fine. /shrug.
Try that on a home internet connection with multiple people trying to connect to Battle net simultaneously :p
Old 07-05-2009 at 08:20 PM   #47
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
Try that on a home internet connection with multiple people trying to connect to Battle net simultaneously :p
I've had 3 people playing on my home connection fine. Who is your ISP? I have Rogers and they don't seem to be that bad as far as latency goes.

Although that's not really a "big" lan party or anything. But I'm not really a fan of lan parties in general.
Old 07-05-2009 at 09:44 PM   #48
thedog123123
Crazy Physicist

Liked: 313 Times

back to mmorpg....

EvE Online. <- the best one
Old 07-05-2009 at 09:46 PM   #49
Bobby66
was offline, but

Liked: 84 Times

Hamachi anyone?

u.yousaf likes this.
Old 08-01-2009 at 09:11 PM   #50
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby66 View Post
Hamachi anyone?
Hamachi is a life saver!!! Used it many times to get friends to connect to my maplestory private server
Old 08-01-2009 at 09:23 PM   #51
RoyK
Zetsubou Sensei

Liked: 71 Times

I just uninstalled Hamachi yesterday since I was cleaning my HDD. I last used it for Open Canvas (a couple buds and I would draw stuff without our wacom's) since I haven't used it in a couple months. Other than that, I've never used Hamachi D=
Old 08-01-2009 at 09:31 PM   #52
u.yousaf

Liked: 39 Times

Hamachi is one of the best things that has happened to the pc gaming world.

xxsumz says thanks to u.yousaf for this post.
Old 08-01-2009 at 09:46 PM   #53
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by u.yousaf View Post
Hamachi is one of the best things that has happened to the pc gaming world.
Agreed.
Old 08-01-2009 at 11:51 PM   #54
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 360 Times

Lol I heard alot about WOW but I haven't even tried it once, the only MMORPG I have tried is Star Wars Galaxies, which I left after a couple of days when I realized that killing random goblin thingies on Tatooine is no fun and a mission involves you travelling MILES with your sketchy teamates only to get pwned by sandpeople.

But I am a LONG term addict of Championship/Football Manager Series(since like 1999 I think). Every year when it comes out I kind of get sucked into it and play it for a ridiculous number of hours. It actually probably has been sucking in people for much longer then any online thing, its actually no more then being a manager of 2D blobs! But It is pretty legit, someday I might even have a shot at getting hired as a tactical assistant/scout! http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.ph...=zHoh_&u=T6dmG *sigh*

Other then that I got addicted to a Facebook Text based MMORPG called Warbook, I was done with my acceptances, got bored and one of my rather wierd friends drew me into it. It basically was kinghts/magians/soldiers/forts/banks you owned as a kingdom and attacked each other with text results based on luck/your army/powerups.

But my friend was seriously hardcore into it, he posted all the time on the App discussion boards where people had LONG flame wars going on. People created elaborate clans with power structures and elections on skype groups(wth?) and made alliances, declared war on other clans, bought scripts/shells and all sorts of other nonsense. He pretty much hardly slept, missed school, when he came to school his eyes were puffy red, fell in love with a bulgarian clanmate(shared pictures etc wth), went ot the top of the leaderboard,got backstabbed and his stuff stolen by people on the other side of the world, came back with a vengence, sold gold for real paypal cash....A real utter mess :S

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Old 08-01-2009 at 11:59 PM   #55
RoyK
Zetsubou Sensei

Liked: 71 Times

i lol'd at the gold farming above
Old 08-02-2009 at 12:09 AM   #56
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 360 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyK View Post
i lol'd at the gold farming above
lol yeah, he was pretty much an unlimited gold making machine; It usually went for like $20 for a million but he underpriced the market by offering it for $10; everyone consipred and started a war against him. Infact he wasn't the only one, there were these professional Soldier Dealers who sold gold to magicians and other people who didn't want to invest too much land on barracks hence their costs for soldiers were higher. They were pretty smooth operators with their own reputations and guilds and protection payments to powerful clans. Someone should do anthropological research on humans ability to organize themselves in such a fashion! There is sooo much potential!

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Old 08-02-2009 at 03:54 AM   #57
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

I used to play Maplestory... stopped in March I think. Been playing since I was about 14 though. Worst part is, you probably have heard of my character.

Big nerd over here.
Old 08-02-2009 at 09:29 AM   #58
NickAcc

Liked: 2 Times

oh man if WOW sucks you in its like you loose a good chunk of your life and don't remember where most of the time went. i was a closet WOW player from like grade 9 until halfway through grade 12.....
never again will i touch another MMORPG!

Old 08-02-2009 at 04:29 PM   #59
AnguishedEnd
Elite Member

Liked: 103 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvand View Post
Wow I never thought Runescape would be spoken on this mb. My friends and I played that game so much in high school! Ahh... good times.

Me dueling Zezima for fun
If theres anything that I picked up about Runescape from my friends in highschool its that Zezima is God in that game lol.

The only computer game I play is Starcraft. Cant get enough of 4v4 fastest maps or the family guy variant.

Last edited by Colin : 08-02-2009 at 04:32 PM.
Old 08-02-2009 at 09:28 PM   #60
crucif3x

Liked: 21 Times

Wow... hm... where do I start?

Maple Story - Yes
WOW - Yes
DJ Max - Yes
Ragnarok - Yes (favorite one btw xD i think I've spent half my life on that game... so sad, anyways)
ROSE Online - Yes
Cabal - Yes
and few more I don't remember...

I've basically played all these MMORPGs, most getting to a pretty high level, except for WOW, which for some reason couldn't capture my attention and focus long enough. My friends played alot though, with their PVPing and Castle Raiding or whatever it's called. Luckily, I've stopped and hopefully will never play another one again :( Although I do occasionally log on Ragnarok, cause it's freaking awesome LOL
- Moulton Hall