MacInsiders Logo
View Poll Results: Mock or Current?
Current 3 75.00%
Mock 1 25.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Current Schedule! twinsora First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 07-10-2011 10:58 PM
Biology 2G03: Inquiry into Current Issues in Biodiversity sinthusized 2nd Year Course Reviews 5 03-23-2011 04:12 PM
Question about the current state of MI Mepper General Discussion 27 02-03-2011 11:57 PM
My current facebook profile pic bcars Gaming 17 12-12-2010 12:17 AM
Should we worry of current terrorism events? lux General Discussion 49 01-31-2010 01:16 PM

Mock vs. Current Schedule

Old 08-10-2011 at 06:40 PM   #1
ricechrispy

Liked: 9 Times

Mock vs. Current Schedule
Sorry, I know people have been posting up threads all day about their schedules, but I don't think one more could hurt?

I just went on solar and checked which labs and cores were still available, and came up with this possible mock schedule that I might use. The major changes are that I moved more things to the beginning of the week, to give me more time later on Thurs. and Fri., and got Okon (heard he was a lot better than Mckay) for phys 1D03.

I was going to change Maclean for Childs, but I heard they were both good, so I left him.

Anyways, how does it look? Should I go with my mock? Btw, I'm more of a morning person and would prefer to get things done and over with early. I would've moved my chem cores up to an earlier time, but it didn't fit. And I wanted time to eat lunch on routine on Tues, so I moved the phys around too. Oh, also, there were a lot of one-hour gaps in my original schedule, which I don't really like.

Thanks in advance!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg term 1.jpg (216.3 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg mock.jpg (108.5 KB, 43 views)

Last edited by ricechrispy : 08-10-2011 at 06:47 PM.
Old 08-10-2011 at 06:47 PM   #2
MiniDragon

Liked: 60 Times

Childs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> McLean.

You should probably change that.
Old 08-10-2011 at 08:26 PM   #3
AnguishedEnd
Elite Member

Liked: 103 Times

1. IMO your mock is better simply because of the Fridays.

2. McLean is better I think. I've suggested this before so here it is again: Go to both prof's lectures during the first week or so and get a feel of which one teaches better.

3. One hour gaps NOTHING gets done, for me anyways. There pretty bad if you have a lot of them but sometimes it just can't be helped.

Last edited by AnguishedEnd : 08-10-2011 at 08:29 PM.
Old 08-10-2011 at 09:44 PM   #4
justinsftw
Elite Member

Liked: 342 Times

I don't think you'll end up with just one or the other, but rather a mix of both, because of full seats in certain sections.
Old 08-10-2011 at 10:14 PM   #5
ricechrispy

Liked: 9 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnguishedEnd View Post
1. IMO your mock is better simply because of the Fridays.

2. McLean is better I think. I've suggested this before so here it is again: Go to both prof's lectures during the first week or so and get a feel of which one teaches better.

3. One hour gaps NOTHING gets done, for me anyways. There pretty bad if you have a lot of them but sometimes it just can't be helped.
Yeah, I wanted to avoid those 1hr gaps. And how can I go to both prof's lectures? Don't they have classes at different times? for ex. if i go with mclean, wouldn't child's class interfere with another class of mine?
Old 08-10-2011 at 10:16 PM   #6
Andrew A
Elite Member

Liked: 80 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricechrispy View Post
Yeah, I wanted to avoid those 1hr gaps. And how can I go to both prof's lectures? Don't they have classes at different times? for ex. if i go with mclean, wouldn't child's class interfere with another class of mine?
Possibly, check the master timetable to see. There's a good chance that at least one of Childs' lectures will be during a time you have off, and in the first week or two, there shouldn't be much discrepancy between sections as far as what course material is being covered at the time.
Old 08-10-2011 at 10:51 PM   #7
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew A View Post
Possibly, check the master timetable to see. There's a good chance that at least one of Childs' lectures will be during a time you have off, and in the first week or two, there shouldn't be much discrepancy between sections as far as what course material is being covered at the time.
https://adweb.cis.mcmaster.ca /mtt/

If needed.